1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jcr?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Chimpster, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Chimpster

Chimpster Member

Been hearing grumblings about Del shipping out some big time charlies but I'm surprised that JCR is MIA. While I don't think he's the best option on the left, his work rate was always decent. Now it seems he's not even getting in the reserves (Even Hunt is playing Bath! ;))?

Don't get me wrong, he always seemed a bit of a weak link in the team but not to the point of taking him completely out of the squad.

Anyone know more details? Never really struck me as a big time charlie though I have been wrong once or twice before :p Maybe an injury?

2. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

After DM's first game against Brum I posted J-C-R wouldn't feature again and was called negative by the usual clowns on here.

The way DM set up the midfield that day was daft, 2 wingers with Marv and NK central. Credit DM, it didn't take him long to set up to our strengths and the results and performances have been brilliant since.

To be fair to J-C-R he would now look/play a lot better (at least the equal of Bolasie) in the system DM now selects.

3. andyyandyy

andyyandyy Member

JCR days are numbered as would think Bolasie and Woolford are ahead of him in that position. I wouldn't mind seeing Jackson also given a chance there.

4. Chimpster

Chimpster Member

Aye, I don't disagree that he's not first choice, especially now Pearson is in the frame but he's not even in the reserves. He's vanished completely, just wondered if anyone knew why.

5. Caldicot Cider Red

Caldicot Cider Red Well-Known Member

I just don't think JCR is a championship player. He is too lightweight and just gets knocked of the ball to easy imo. Give him space and he CAN make ground,but you don't get space in this league against a decent defence.

6. Premiershiporbust....

Premiershiporbust.... Active Member

I have to say that when things were really bad, he was one of the few putting a proper shift in - I remember when he was subbed after an hour in one game having been the only really trying and it was at this point that the crowd let KM know that he didn't know what he was doing...

I can't say I am surprised though, as far as I am concerned the little **** can piss off as he not a pleasant individual and he has clearly been sussed pretty much instantly

7. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

If that's true then fair play to DM and is yet more evidence that we've got a 'good un'

At times the clubs and its players have demonstrated a massive lack of internal discipline over the past decade or more (aside from under GJ's managership for a while) and look where it's got us.
    Regardless of who the players are, if they're not going to give everything they have for 90 minutes in every single game that they play for Bristol City then I'll be the first one who is delighted not contributing to their overinflated wages if they are forced out of the club.

Take it elsewhere....

8. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Millen was too concerned with being everyone's friend - many, many have commented that he was a nice guy and that's great but it was not what he was employed to do. Can you imagine Sir Alex letting players mess about? Not a chance, hence why he is such a successful manager.

I can see DMc being cut from the same cloth - it's just a personality trait that makes Scots such excellent managers.

9. Premiershiporbust....

Premiershiporbust.... Active Member

I am sure that there is plenty of fun and banter on the training ground, it is absolutely essential for team morale but at the end of the day, it is a job, no a profession so when DM and Tony says its time to knuckle down and work, watch out if you don't...

10. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

And the fact that they probably won't pay for a round of drinks...

As Billy Connolly once said, copper wire was invented by two Scotsmen fighting over a penny....!