1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Ditto...watching McGee trying to laugh along was one of the great comedy moments

2. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

To be fair to him, I'd wipe my arse with my arsenal shirt, stick splinters in my gooch and build a spurs shrine in my bedroom if it meant someone paying me £520k a week for four years.

gooner4ever and PINKIE like this.
  3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

<laugh>

4. remembercolinlee

But you haven't already earned enough to set yourself, your partner, your children and your future grandchildren and great children up for eternity.
    Sanchez has earned around 150k per week for the last 4 or 5 years...that' over £7.5m per year ... a total of £30m. That is on top of the millions he has already earned in Spain. He would have got a huge signing on fee from city plus £300,000 per week from them. This does include previous signing on fees or past and future sponsorship deals.
    Even a conservative estimate of his career earnings to now would top £45m before this move.
    If you had that and someone offered you more, would it really turn your head?

5. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

Yes

lazarus20000 and cini65 like this.
  6. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

As the guy above me says.... Yes.

I get paid well now. I could have a good life on half my current salary and survive on the breadline perfectly well on a quarter of it. I don't need to be paid anymore. But if I was offered a tripling of my wages of course I'd turn my head.

7. remembercolinlee

Obviously I am in the minority.
    But if I had already earned £45m and a club I wanted to join were offering me around £15m per year plus £10m signing on fee there is no way extra money would turn my head.
    In 4 years at city he will earn £70m without sponsorship deals...I honestly do not get why the **** more money would turn his head

PINKIE likes this.
  8. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

The problem is It's never enough for some people. It's become beyond vulgar. If the rumours are true about Sanchez then it's the last thing we should be laughing at. I mean, where does it end?

PINKIE and remembercolinlee like this.
  9. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Bild reporting Aubameyang deal is imminent.

Other reports that we are trying to thrash out a deal as quickly as possible.

Several sites saying Ozil and Wilshere are both close to signing new deals.

If Ozil and Wilshere sign new deals and Aubameyang and Mkhi replace Sanchez and Walcott it will have been a pretty good January window... better than I expected anyway.

10. lazarus20000

It's looking likely that all those points you've mentioned are likely to happen, which will be a surprisingly good Jan window, a definite turn of the books. Getting new players in and letting established players go most of the time represent a problem, but our season has been average and the players leaving haven't been contributing hugely or to their known potential. In my opinion, the two new players (potentially), could inject new life into our season. IF Wenger can get a better balance in our midfield, whether it's the right combination of players and strategy, then we may have a chance to qualify for the CL and do well in the Europa.

I don't think top 4 is impossible if the right players on the pitch with the right strategy. Other than City, all the other teams look vulnerable and WILL lose points. We just need to play less ****ty than what we are doing right now.

afcftw likes this.

11. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

He's 29. He'll never see that kinda offer again. More power to him. Like some have said here that the players are slaves. I say get as much slave coins as you can and retire with cash falling out your butt!

12. lazarus20000

Would you like another mountain of gold to complement your other mountain of gold? Yes please <laugh>

13. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

The papers will claim Aubameyang in on the plane for his medical but last minute he'll go somewhere else

14. gills4prem

gills4prem Active Member

I just have a horrible feeling Aubameyang deal will fall through..

This is why I don't trust arsenal with buying players. Prob go to Chelsea..

15. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

Twitter summed up in three tweets :)

Attached Files:

16. lazarus20000

Just a little reminder what normal people go through...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...arillion-worker-with-a-fiver-left-to-his-name

Carillion worker with 'a fiver left to his name'
    A worker laid off when the construction conglomerate Carillion collapsed has described life with just "a fiver" left in his pocket.

Philip Ellis, 38, from Birmingham, had been employed by a firm subcontracted by Carillion to work on the Midland Metropolitan Hospital site.

remembercolinlee likes this.
  17. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

yep, people seem to be focusing on the roads and hospitals not being built, rather than people who will be out of work. Hopefully, something will expand to fill the gap and it will only be very short term.

18. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

I am very scared I am going to wake up.

Is there just a glimmer of hope that by the time transfer window is shut our front 3 could be Ozil - Mkhitaryan - Aubameyang?

TheBear likes this.
  19. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

What about Lacazette ?

I know what you mean though, I can't get excited about these signings until they are done. Been let down too many times in the past.

20. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I hope we don't send Giroud the other way in the Boomerang deal.

If it's the only way to get the deal done then fine but i'd much rather keep him. He offers something different and seems to come up with important goals from the bench. He always tries his best and seems willing to compete for a place and not always play.

If we are going to be playing two forwards in Lacazette and Boomerang I think we need Giroud as a backup as I'd play him ahead of Welbeck.