1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Missing Cazorla messed up the fluidity of our midfield. Even with everyone fit, we would have struggled to get all these attacking players to reach their potential. Unless Wenger finds some way of getting our midfield ticking a better way soon, we will continue to suffer from the problems we've been facing, even if we get an upgrade of Aub and Miki.

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Agreed, Cazora is a huge miss. I'd love to see us go in for Isco or Rafinha in the summer. I think Wilshere and Ramsey can do a job, but they are still both more attacking and we could really do with a proper DM (How long have we been saying that for) I still can't work out what job Xhaka is supposed to do ?

3. lazarus20000

The reality is the Jan window won't produce any miracles, it rarely does for many teams. Our main goal is to start properly rebuilding this summer and the first position we should be looking for is a DM/CM.

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yep. Although if we get Aub this Jan then that will be a scoop. You can already see that the recruitment side of things is working differently with Mislintat because we look like we're actually moving for players rather than dithering and then doing nothing. Also the comment about Mkhi coming to Arsenal, Wenger said 'Yes, he's coming, that's my understanding' that suggests that Mislintat and his team are doing the leg work and Wenger isn't involved.

5. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

What the heck are people doing putting Mkhi at left wing back? Christ.

I love a bit of football manger so here is what I want by September 2018:

----------------------------------Cech----------------------------------------

-----------Koscielny-----------New------------Mustafi------------------

Bellerin----------------------------------------------------------Kolasinac

---------------------------New----------------Ozil---------------------------

-----------Mkhitaryan---------Lacazette------------Auba---------------

Ozil can be our new Cazorla. He might look lazy, but he does run his tits off and he has the quality to make the middle of the park his own and he'd have three quality attackers to supply. With a proper manager and coaching team, he could retreat back to centre mid I think. We'd need an absolute beast to play alongside him though to back him up. Someone like Kondogbia maybe? Veratti in a massive dream world?

We need a new dominant beast of a centre half too. Someone who will headers against Andy Caroll and Fellaini. Someone like Koulibaly.

But above all else, none of this will work without a decent manager. That is primary focus number 1.

Then we can have a bench of:
    Ospina
    Mavrapanos
    Monreal
    Wilshere
    Ramsay
    Nelson
    Maitland-Niles
    Iwobi
    Giroud

Sell:
    Xhaka (£20m to any club in Germany that might still rate him)
    Elneny (£10m to a promoted club who think they're getting a bargain)
    Welbeck (£10m to a promoted club who think they're getting a bargain)

gooner4ever likes this.
  6. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

With the current squad. The likes of Jack and Ramsey have to do more to get the ball off the defence. If Jack can stay fit he can do the Cazorla job until we sort our MF/Defence out properly in the summer.

7. lazarus20000

It will be facinating to see what the new manager can do with the same players. I wonder if he can get Ramsey, Wilshere etc to play better.

8. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

True we need a quality DM and replacement for Carzorla. Wilshere is doing well though. Remember United won the league with a Michael Carrick/Fletcher and Anderson as their midfield.

We certainly have more creativity than that.

lazarus20000 likes this.
  9. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

------------Cech---------
    ---Mustafi--Kosc--Montreal
    Bellerin---------------Kolasinac
    ----------Xhaka--Wilshere-----
    ----------------Ozil-------------
    ---------Boomerang--Laca-----

Subs: Ospina, Holding, Maitland-Niles, Ramsey, Welbeck, Mkhi, Giroud

Something like that for now if we get those players. Then sign a new CM/DM (maybe both) and CB in the summer. Plus keep Cazorla around as if he can even get fit for odd performances like Rosicky he'll be useful.

10. lazarus20000

You make a good point. But Wenger is no Fergie, he wasn't afraid to change when he needed to. But to win the league with that midfield shows how he could get the most out of some players, even if they weren't top quality, he made them believe they were.

11. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

am not sure of Ozil will stay or not .. is 50-50 imo
    but you will have Mkhi .. Mkhi can't play though as winger .. we tried that .. and you can't start both with Ozil otherwise you will not have enough scoring edge and will lose balance of team as both are kind lazy.... you need proper wingers who are fast and can score goals .. I think this was one of your main problems in past 10 years. as you kept playing AMs as wingers ..
    I think you need 4 new players: a new CD as well. who is tall and great ball anticipation .. same quality for a DM but with some creativity .. you need to inject some height in that small height team .. then 2 wingers .. you will have to spend big though .. quality don't come cheaply
    -----------Cech---------
    ---Mustafi--Kosc--new CD
    Bellerin---------------Kolasinac
    -----------new DM-----
    ---Mahrez-----Ozil-----Lemar---
    --------------Laca----------

12. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

We've only got one player in the team now who you would really call a regular goalscorer and he's not currently scoring much of anything, I really fear for the rest of this season

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

With Sanchez and Walcott both going then we definitely need to add another attacker. Mkhitaryan alone won't fill the gap.

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Don't really get this rubbish that Wenger was 'disrespectful' to Dortmund. He was asked a question about Aubemeyang and he responded saying that it was best kept secret, then he responded to a question about his character and said that his character had been used in a positive way for Dortmund.

Dortmund are clearly upset about the whole issue with Aubemeyang, and it does seem that his time at Dortmund is up. I just hope this 'spat' doesn't **** up our negotiations.

15. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Supposedly Boomerang has been left out of the Dortmund squad again.

Twitter saying he has made it clear he wants the move and won't play for Dortmund again.

One journalist claiming we have agreed a fee of €60m and wages of £170k p/w

One journalist saying fee expected at €60m but may be less if we let Giroud go the other way.

One journalist saying Dortmund trying to hold out for €70m.

gooner4ever likes this.
  16. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

1. Open twitter. 2. Search Aubameyang. 3. Search Mkhitaryan. 4. Search Malcom. 5. Get disappointed. Repeat after 5 mins.

My life this week.

gooner4ever likes this.
  17. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Same <laugh>

TheBear likes this.
  18. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

According to telegraph, United paying £60m for Sanchez (30 fee to club, 20 fee to Sanchez, 10 to agent) and £27m a year salary before tax. That's £520k a week.

Good to see he's moving for trophies rather than the money :emoticon-0164-cash::emoticon-0164-cash::emoticon-0103-cool:

lazarus20000, winifred122 and PINKIE like this.
  19. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

So Mr Sanchez ... what persuaded you to sign your half a million pound a week contract with United?

20. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

It reminds me of the Mrs Merton question to Debbie McGee. 'So what attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels ?' <laugh>