1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

I agree with all you're saying, but he must also be kernackered playing that much, which won't help much when you are sulky

2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Being linked to Leon Goretska again.

He would be a quality signing, proper box to box player. But this is exactly why its a good thing we signed Sven Mislintat to run our scouting network. Hopefully he can stop the procrastination and be more decisive in our Clubs decision making.

Just 12 months ago Goretska would have cost us at least 100% less than he would now. The hype train has arrived and now this kid won't be sold for less than £40 million.

You need to get in early if you dont want to pay ridiculous money for talented young players these days.

3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

If Ozil and Sanchez do leave then Richarlison and Lemar seem like sensible replacements.

4. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Not sure if they are leaving. Out of the two, Sanchez is the most likeliest, but even rumours for him haven't been crazy. I guess when we get close to Jan we will soon find out. Ozil is the most likeliest of the two to stay in my opinion. Not many clubs have been chasing Ozil.

5. TheBear

Soo.. The Evening standard are reporting that we have received two bids for Alexis.(neither from Man City)

On top of that Arda Turan and his agent were spotted in London this weekend.

Is Alexis leaving and Turan lined up as the replacement?

6. straycat_67

straycat_67 Well-Known Member

Right now based on effort and form I'm more in favour of keeping Ozil anyway, I'd get rid of Sanchez in Jan especially if we can pocket £35M+!

gooner4ever likes this.
  7. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

I would rather keep Ozil rather than he go to United. Sanchez to City is an odd one as can’t see who they would drop so maybe he will go to PSG

8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

This will sound weird (and I have no real basis for it) but I get the feeling Pep is not keen on Aguero, something doesn't seem right about Aguero's body language and Pep tends to drop him quite often or make him first attacker subbed off.

9. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Mmm maybe you have a point - would take the swap in a heart beat

TheBear and Diego like this.
  10. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I really don't want ozil going to united, as I think he would do quite well for them. I still think he might sign an extension, but it is just overly bizarre why it is taking this long for it to happen.

As for Sanchez, the real mistake was not selling +replacing him in the summer, as he has been around 70% this season imo.

I am much more curious as to who would be their replacements, and whether we will actually replace them with proven word class players, or try to go the cheap / youth route.

I will say that I am sick and tired of having players playing for Arsenal that are not committed and who don't know where they will be playing in 6 months. It's absolutely ridiculous and only brings a negative energy/ uncertainty around our club similar to wenger last season.

11. lazarus20000

It does appear that Sanchez's performances for us this season has fallen drastically from last. Ozil has been putting in a real shift recently so suggests that he might want to stay. Or the cynical in me is he's trying to impress to get others interested. But i'm sticking to he wants to re-sign, albeit for a large pay rise.

12. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

Look at the manager. He does the same thing with his contracts

13. lazarus20000

Very true, you lead by example and he really took the piss last time.

14. TheBear

Might not seem like the most exciting signing but...

According to several media sources Arsenal are poised to sign Steven N’Zonzi from Seville this January.

'Sevilla midfielder Steven N’Zonzi has admitted his future lies away from the club after speculation that he’s been in London for transfer talks with Arsenal.

Jose Castro, chairman of the La Liga club, has been quoted on Goal as denying that was why N’Zonzi was in London, saying he was given permission to travel to see his son.

However, the player himself has since provided an update on his situation as it looks like he will be making a transfer away from Sevilla in the near future.'

I actually think he would be an excellent signing. We need a DM, we need physicality - He ticks several boxes.

15. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I don't think we will sign anyone in January unless Ozil or Sanchez leave. And even then I could see Wenger saying we have to "find the solutions to the problems from inside the squad" and saying we have enough "ability and mental strengths to cope"

I'm not sure nzonzi is necessarily the caliber of player we should be targeting...he is better than what we have in that position, but he isn't a world beater...

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Lots of rumours that Walcott will be on his way in Jan, with Everton, West Ham and Southampton interested. If we can get £20m for the guy then it's time to say goodbye. He's done **** all for us for around 3 years now.

gooner4ever likes this.
  17. TheBear

I dunno - I see a signing coming in either way.

Wouldn't be supsried if they pulled off the Lemar or Turan deals - could also see the N'zonzi rumours having some weight.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

19. lazarus20000

20. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Keep seeing rumors about us signing Fekir. Now I know jack sh*t about the guy but based on his name alone I say sign him.

winifred122 likes this.