1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Yeah - I kind of agree with him, although I think journalists tend to criticize, when they must know that they are generally incapable of running a football club transfer window themselves. I also notice that lower down is an article about England where he criticizes them for closing their hotel unlike the All Blacks, who they want to emulate. If he thinks that the All Blacks have the same security worries as England then he is a moron. How can he be so naïve?

I don't understand why City are pissed off though. They must have known months ago that we didn't really want to sell Sanchez, and we wouldn't sell Sanchez unless he could be replaced. They have screwed us over so many times by taking our players and not letting us get a good replacement, that they just couldn't believe that they couldn't do it again.

I suspect that when the actual price tag for Sanchez's replacement rose, as everyone knew it must, City were not willing to raise their value of Sanchez accordingly. It is not going to matter much, but let's face it, if City really wanted Sanchez and wanted him without screwing us over, they could have paid us 90million for him, weeks ago.

They could not get away from their winning model, which involves not only signing the best players, but screwing over their rivals by doing it at a price that doesn't allow them to sign a decent replacement.

I'm not sure it isn't going to hurt us worse than it hurt them, but I doubt that if this was as set in stone as City think it was, we would have played Sanchez against Liverpool. I really suspect that we don't know all the facts in this one.

However I've seen a few posts from people before this, saying that they would rather see Sanchez sit out all year than see City get him. I can certainly sympathize with that point of view.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    winifred122 likes this.
  2. AndyI

AndyI Well-Known Member

It's all down to Sanchez himself now The bottom line is he doesn't want to be at Arsenal but he is until the end of the season.

He's not the type to Strike or **** off like Costa but he is a moody ****er and whilst I don't think he'll down tools i'd suspect he'll do just enough. I would be worried about his commitment levels towards the end of the Season with a WC cup approaching.

As for City, they will be fine without him in the PL and i'd expect them to be well clear of Arsenal.
    The CL will be a different matter but that applies to all the English teams IMO.

As for Arsenal, Lemar turned the move down, That's damning! Was it the lack of CL or the situation with Wenger. I'd suspect both.

No matter how much spin people try to put on it, Arsenal would of been better off with a young burgeoning talent, than a want away player who would go to a team very likely to finish above them anyway. Also Lemar will still be very expensive next season (even if Arsenal could lure him) and Sanchez will walk away for nothing but that Kronke's money and he can **** right off. He's an utterly ****e parasitic owner IMO.

winifred122, Quilllogic and PINKIE like this.
  3. ToledoTrumpton

What I think happened was that Sanchez was reasonably happy to work out his contract, until the Liverpool game. Then he panicked. He gets his agent to start working on a move to City, and when the agent gets a deal, he tells Wenger he wants the move, even though he is too cheap to hand in a transfer request.

Wenger also panics. Sanchez is not as professional as he hoped. He goes for Lemar and thinks that if he can get a deal past Monaco, Lemar will join us, but he can't confirm that, because he is a boy scout and he will not tap up a player like City will. So he tells City and Sanchez that if he can get Lemar, a deal is on.

Lemar, for whatever reason, decides to stay at Monaco, as is his absolute right, even if he just likes the climate better. So Wenger pulls out of the deal to sell Sanchez, as is his absolute right.

I don't know if any of this is true, but this is what I think is most plausible, until I hear different. In any case, I think the ire of the Arsenal fans should fall on a disloyal Sanchez, not Wenger, who all along has wanted Sanchez to stay, and work out his negotiated and signed contract.

4. Quilllogic

Quilllogic Active Member

Wonder IF this is true!
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/01/alexi...fter-failed-manchester-city-transfer-6895546/

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

6. enigma

enigma Well-Known Member

No chance of this happening, there is a world cup at the end of this season, it will be the last one for Sanchez at his peak, i cannot see him risking a lifetimes work just because he never go the move he wanted. In a years time he can go where he wants and demand any salary he wants. If anything sanchez needs arsenal more that anything now, as he needs to be in peak form for the world cup. If he hardly plays for a year, he is unlikely to be in top form for the world cup.

If he does sulk and moan, send him to the reserves, we have nothing to lose, as he will leave anyway, so dont need to worry about him losing value. it is in his interests to play well and get the move he wants.

ToledoTrumpton and PINKIE like this.
  7. AndyI

AndyI Well-Known Member

If true, that shows an unbelievable naivety from Wenger. Sums up how out of touch he is now and why you are screwed until you get rid of him. He was a visionary in his time but he's just a liability now, sadly.

Also, do you really think Sanchez is happy to see out his contract. Is he ****!
    The signing on fee will be a big balm but he wont be a happy bunny till next may.

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

This <ok>

Also if he went on strike, he'd be in breach of contract and the club could reasonably fine him his entire wages. It's a non story.

9. ToledoTrumpton

Well, I think Sanchez at one point was a happy bunny and agreed to stay. I think the Liverpool result shocked him. Let's face it, we were all shocked.

But I'm pretty sure Sanchez must have agreed to see out his contract, or at least not said anything, or he would have handed in an official transfer request, or at least made some kind of fuss before the last week of the window..

This seems close to the truth to me:
    http://www.arsenalstation.com/2017/09/01/wenger-speaks-out-on-alexis-sanchez-after-failed-60m-move/

In which case it was a ****ty move by the Man City scum. I know it isn't the majority opinion, but I really hate them worse than Spurs, or Man United even with Mourinho.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  10. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Seriously i'm not on the WUM but were you really shocked at the result as my only surprise was we didn't concede.
    The fact we won was almost a foregone conclusion the moment you went in with that team playing 3 at the back. I would go as far as to say we couldn't have picked a better formation / team set up to play against.

As for Man City i don't see why bidding for your player was such a "****ty" move considering the situation.

cini65 likes this.

11. ToledoTrumpton

Well I remember back in the day I used to see teams playing 3 at the back against us and think the same thing.

Man City bidding for our player so late was a ****ty move, because it must have been designed to unsettle Sanchez. Why leave a bid so late in the Window? The fact was they didn't just want Sanchez, they wanted Sanchez and they didn't want us to get a replacement. The fact they didn't get him is entirely their own fault, and to try and pretend they are mad at Arsenal because we didn't make it happen is a another classless move, by a classless chequebook manager, and a classless chequebook club.

12. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

The 3 at the back leaving space for Mane & Salah to run into was just lunacy unless your wing backs are quick & well drilled.
    you should have gone & got a replacement at the start of the window then you could sell Sanchez when you wanted & have more control of price. They bid late as they assumed you would sell as letting Sanchez sign a pre contract agreement in jan is just financial stupidity.

13. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

<applause>

14. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Ornstein mentioned in his summary, apparently Bellerin asked to leave as well so don't be surprised if that one starts up again next summer, although he'll have to improve his form if he wants Barca to come in for him

15. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

The way Barca are going they'll be in for Jenkinson...

PINKIE and gooner4ever like this.
  16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

According to the Star, we have a pre-contract agreement with Lemar to sign him in Jan. I'll believe that when I see him in an Arsenal shirt.

17. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

The brownest of sauces

PINKIE and SpursDisciple like this.
  18. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Comes from the BBC. (more reliable)

Hope its true - although £90m is crazy money.

19. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Would Sanchez go to city in January then?

20. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Na - I doubt it. Wenger will try and get the most out of him while he's on contract. Try and convince him to sign on.