1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours .....Till next time

Discussion in 'Watford' started by yorkshirehornet, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Luther

Luther Well-Known Member

Sierralta may be banned for the next three games by FIFA and Cathcart is injured (although no information has been issued about the severity of his injury). Great planning by the club!

2. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  3. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

BBC has Quina as loan and Nate leaving as permanent, but “undisclosed”. Shame. Good luck to him, though.

Markthehorn likes this.
  4. andytoprankin

I will ask, but his memory of the wartime fixtures is limited. He was young, it was a while ago and he says the fixtures were quite ‘bitty’. But I will ask - and how fabulous! <ok>

5. andytoprankin

Fifty shades of sh1te.

Toby and yorkshirehornet like this.
  6. Markthehorn

Yes Adam Leventhal.

I suspect both wanted first team football and we couldn’t give them that.

We get some money for Chalobah and Quina is playing for a contract I guess .

andytoprankin likes this.
  7. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Wonder what Chab´s illness was? Seems to have cleared up for the medical there if that has gone through. Any idea, if it was perm, how much he went for?

Luther, you mentioned that FS might be banned for 3 games, can you fill me in? Did he ilegally escape to Chile? How can FIFA ban him from Prem games? (Thanks in advance)

So, we can only sign real rejects now, out of contracts or released players. Not great for our defence, however, the Pozzo, I feel, don´t see great reselling value in defenders and even FS is a bit of a lucky gamble. Cathcart, FS, TE and Kabs as four CBs now. Masina might be able to fill in. OK, we might scrape it.

Onwards and upwards we have got older but decent (on paper) CMs in and some exciting if unproven options in attack now.

AG (to a certain extent) and LEGEND off the books too. Isacc failure gone and lots of trimming too, Navarro, Quina etc.

Not bad at all on the shoestring budget we had.

What more can we ask for really just coming back up? It´s been a good transfer window for us. You´d be a whinger to think otherwise.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  8. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

erm...do we need a back up winger?? <whistle>

andytoprankin and Mexican Hornet like this.
  9. Markthehorn

They can punish us for not releasing him for International duty apparently but Sierralta gave a statement saying he was happy to stay and understood the reasons why.

Yes a bit light at the back as ever !

But lots of midfielders and attackers plus players off the wage bill.

Hopefully some combination will work out and we have a fit squad !

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  10. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

If you mean left winger, we've got one - Ken Sema. Dennis played quite impressively in that position against Spuds - and Cucho isn't too shabby there either.

Mexican Hornet likes this.

11. yorkshirehornet

No... just joking Bolton.... clearly a very poor joke.....:oops:

andytoprankin and Mexican Hornet like this.
  12. Luther

Luther Well-Known Member

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....all-fifa-ben-brereton-stays-blackburn-rovers/

https://today.in-24.com/sport/News/116747.html

I have read that FIFA has promised to take action about the missing players and that the Chilean football association has complained to FIFA. Apparently they tried to negotiate and offered to use the players only in the first two games (like Argentina and Colombia arranged to do), but that offer was refused. The ban is more likely to be for 2 games if FIFA decide to act, but I have read some Chilean sources (in Spanish) which suggest the ban might be for 3 games.

https://www.latercera.com/la-tercer...vieran-en-la-roja/OV2O2KR5JVASBGMA4SMNTL4YCY/

Mexican Hornet and Markthehorn like this.
  13. yorkshirehornet

But not their fault?????

Markthehorn likes this.
  14. Markthehorn

Yes - unless they kick up a fuss can we really be at fault ?

15. Bolton's Boots

You'd like to think that FIFA would see that - they are, after all, only following a government directive. But I guess their ruling will be swayed by how big the backhander is that Chile offers them.

andytoprankin and Markthehorn like this.
  16. Luther

Luther Well-Known Member

FIFA really exacerbated the problem by extending the international break by two days (from 7 to 9 days) so that a third World Cup qualification game could be played in South America. Some WC qualifiers had previously been postponed due to the pandemic, but it did not help the situation that CONMEBOL insisted on going ahead with the Copa America in the summer (despite two countries withdrawing from hosting the tournament due to high Covid infection rates). The European Club Association (ECA) have complained to FIFA about the extended release of players and accused FIFA of an abuse of power. I read that La Liga lost an appeal in the Court of Arbitration against FIFA's decision to extend the international break. The problem (apart from the U.K.'s 10 day quarantine requirement for countries on the red list) is that third games such as Colombia's game against Chile are scheduled to be played on the Friday evening just before domestic league fixtures on the Saturday.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevep...st-clash-with-premier-league/?sh=4ded746734b6

17. Markthehorn

An update to the Quina loan:

“According to AL and The Athletic, Quina has extended his contract at Watford to 2024 before going on loan to Fulham.

However, Fulham have an option to buy if they gain promotion”

Which they will !

18. Bolton's Boots

I guess that will simply mean that they have to pay more for him if the take up the option.

Markthehorn and Mexican Hornet like this.
  19. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Excuse me if I am a tiny bit wrong but if we had 4 world class centre backs who expect to play every game to ensure their international places, how would we keep 2 of them happy while sitting on their thumbs almost praying for someone to be injured

A club our size cannot keep the four happy because we are not playing in the champions league or winning at least one trophy every year they could claim a part of

Some Watford supporters need a tiny reality check as to what we can afford

We need 15 - 17 who are more or less automatic choices and the rest have to be cheap backups who may or may not be able to grab any chance the receive with both hands

20. Markthehorn

I think people don’t rate any of them apart from Sierralta which is the issue but yes it’s hard to keep everyone happy as we have learnt with a big squad .