1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

A tricky midfielder who can go past players. Grealish does it for Villa, Maddison is starting to add this to his game this season. Sort out the wide right of midfield too. I don’t think we’ll be keeping Under as his playing time in the league is minimal which suggests Rodgers isn’t convinced. The Vardy successor as well please, won’t be easy as everyone is looking for the next big thing up front. Liverpool and Man City will look to strengthen up front in the summer so we need to keep our cards close to our chest. Not sure how much we’ll have to spend though due to Covid.

2. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I would have said a midfielder that ghosts into the box like a-la Lampard, Foden or the ghost GOAT Andy King, but Maddison seems to be playing higher up which is really keeping the defenders on edge along with Vardy.

Think we need a decent right winger/inside forward, its not Perez's best position and Under hasn't filled me with much confidence sofar, lets hope hes still adapting and can come good though, as he at least has seems comfortable on the ball and mostly moves forward.

Certainly have to sign someone in the summer to help us in the final third, need to break down teams better without relying on the counter.

3. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

If Brentford don't go up Tovey is banging them in. Mobile and tall. They are equally adept in the transfer market having replaced Watkins and Benrahma and still improved.

4. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Wolves want to offload Spain winger Adama Traore to help raise funds for new signings and £30m could be enough for a club to sign the 25-year-old. (Football Insider)

He’s not had his best season but to me this would be the perfect solution to that wide right position that we’ve been struggling with since Mahrez left

AstroFox and HarboroughFox like this.
  5. AstroFox

AstroFox Well-Known Member

I'd have him any day of the week. He's a talented baller and makes things happen.

6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I'm not a fan of him, no brain there and fails to deliver often.

7. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I tend to agree ... would prefer Sarr from Watford if we were going to go for that type of player ... still needs to develop but has a better end product.

nzfoxfan likes this.
  8. leicester_ed

With the end of the season approaching, where do you think we need to strengthen?

Looks like Goosens (german LB) is on his way in and I’d say a proper left back is vital with Castagne on the right and the number 1 priority.

Also, if we keep playing 3 at the back, maybe a fourth back up CB (Justin can also cover here) to compliment Amartey

A right winger has been a must for years

Central midfield we are fine and up front we are fine now.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  9. nzfoxfan

I think we still need a striker and another good centre back. Both Evans and Vardy are getting on and will become more susceptible to injury. Goosens looks a good option so hope that happens.

10. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

There’s 5 names that won’t go away that we have been strongly linked with and/repeatedly linked with;

Gosens
    Tarkowski
    Edouard
    Trincao
    Soumare

You’d think all of those would be unrealistic even with CL if we secure it but then again they are mostly players approaching the end of their contracts, fees of about £15mill are what is said for Tarkowski, Edouard and Soumare and £20mill for Gosens. I imagine if we went back for Trincao we would try for a loan first so with the others, £70mill you’d imagine we could stretch to with CL money given what the likes of Villa and Everton seem to spend with no success. Maybe some small incoming fees could be made from Choudhury, Mendy, Ghezzal maybe Amartey etc....

Wages wise, roughly speaking maybe (with no context really so I may be way off);

Gosens replaces Fuchs
    Tarkowski replaces Morgan
    Trincao replaces Gray
    Edouard (+maybe Nachos recent rise if he got one in the new contract) probably = Slimani going off the books
    Soumare replaces Adrien Silva and probably some spare from that replacement for any increase for Tielemans (maybe not).

It’s a nice wish list anyway....

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    nzfoxfan likes this.

11. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

We are looking at another FB/WB? This doesn't make sense to me tbh, we already have Ricardo, Castagne, Justin and Thomas.

If we did get him, we're not going to be able to keep them all happy, as we'd have 4 fullbacks looking to impress for their national clubs. Don't get me wrong, its fantastic to have these options at the club, just seems to be setting up problems.

HarboroughFox likes this.
  12. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Goosens is an out and out leftie .... the others, with the exception of young Luke Thomas, can all fill in but are not naturals ... I can see JJ as a future centre back in a 3 ... Jonny Evans won't last forever but what a prospect a maturing 3 of Cags, JJ and Little Wes would be?

13. JohnTheFox

Agreed, I do think we have looked a bit predictable not having a leftie in the side at all (bar Luke), JJ did the best job on the left but Timmy and Ricky aren’t a patch on their right hand side selves. If we do keep the wing back system we need those wide players to provide and Gosens seems to do that.

14. leicester_ed

Wild card one…

Theo Walcott has been released. Probably not good enough… or an astute experienced head to cover both RM and up top with some formation flexibility?

15. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He's agreed a 2 year deal with us (Saints) already.

16. JohnTheFox

Wouldn’t want Walcott, Tarkowski and Bertrand as experienced heads would be good though...basically replace Fuchs and Morgan.

17. nzfoxfan

I get up each morning with equal measures of expectation and trepidation. I think this is where missing out on CL is going to bite us. All these rumours of Edouard and Soumare being imminent signings but nothing is happening plus Bertrand is supposed to be a done deal. On the other hand we have Liverpool and Man Utd all over Tielemans and now Ndidi is rumoured to be on the way out. So much for Brendans we are not a selling club. Could really do with some good news.

18. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Totally agree NZ, although I haven't seen anything about Ndidi.

IF we had to lose 1 so called "big name", like we have done for the past few seasons, I would want it to be Maddison, but for once, it would be nice to keep everyone.

Here's hoping Youri has an awful tournament <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

19. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

The Tielemans to Liverpool thing seems to have been created by someone suggesting a suitable replacement for Wijnaldum. All of a sudden they're meant to be contacting his agent and the fee is the only issue, load of nonsense! The speculation about Ndidi has sprung from someone wondering who might replace him if we ever did sell him. The journalists have nothing to write about at the moment so they're just creating their own headlines, I'm taking no notice. New arrivals will come when they come, we're probably hanging on as we'll have to start paying them for not playing or even training at the moment.

HarboroughFox likes this.
  20. JohnTheFox

Just seems to be fan chatter from Liverpool and Man Utd re Tielemans and Ndidi rather than any solid links.
    Agree though that it’d be reassuring to see one or two over the line on the incoming side of things.