1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

.....in a straight line. Turning circle was a bit more of a problem. Don't get me wrong here, the partnership between him and Robert Huth was one of the best we've ever had. But time rolls on and age does us no favours in the performance area. And don't mention Vardy as a comparison. Totally different build.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Filip Benkovic has gone to Charlton on loan - given as we only have 1 and a half fit CBs atm in big and little Wes, it shows how low he is in the pecking order.

Matty James has gone to Barnsley - am expecting him back soon after buggering himself up again but good luck to the guy.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    nzfoxfan likes this.
  3. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I’ll probably be ridiculed here but if fully fit I think he would be above Mendy in the pecking order so hope it goes well for him

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I like the lad but I'm not sure where your admiration for him comes from as he wasn't that good - at his peak 5 years ago, his role almost purely was to do the running for Cambiasso.

Him being injured meant that we decided to sign someone who was a world beater in Kante.

5. leicester_ed

I honestly think that - whilst he lacked some technical ability - he was one of the best players positionally that I’ve ever seen. Maybe I’m bonkers though.

can see him being a top coach

6. BucksFox

Not sure about the logic in that, Ed. I'd have thought he would be more likely to become a top physio, as that is where his experience lies.

7. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Not sure about your logic there either, experiencing something and doing it yourself are entirely different. I mean I've years of experience in going to the pub but I'm not sure how to run one <cheers> <laugh>

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN likes this.
  8. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Mendy has been key to how well we have plated this season and many a pundit is starting to notice (see BBC Live reporting from last night's game)... Matty was never that, bless him, and certainly won't be going forward. Good steady pro but would struggle to get into that match day squad, never mind the team (even at his best) ... same could be said for Kingy tbf <cheers>

9. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

@leicester_ed , are you secretly Matt James under a disguised name or are you his agent?

leicester_ed likes this.
  10. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Admiral Muskwe has joined Josh Knight at Wycombe on loan ... until the end of the season.

Sidney Tavares is apparently wanted on loan at Celtic until the end of the season and by Barcelona on a free in the summer if he doesn't sign a contract extension with us - apparently he's Nani's cousin - didn't know that...

Andy King has joined OH Leuven until the end of the season.

<cheers>

11. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Matty James is going on loan to Coventry.
    Poor lad never gets any luck does he <laugh>

12. BucksFox

Where's Ed? I'd have thought he'd be all over that like a rash. Expect to see Coventry as nailed-on certainties for promotion - as long as Matty stays fit of course.

13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Preston want Jakupovic on loan for the rest of the season when his contract runs out.

Benkovic has been recalled from his loan at Cardiff where he only made one sub appearance and Celtic are after him.

Newcastle are after Choudhury on loan.

Gray is close to signing for Marseille on a free transfer in the summer.

14. leicester_ed

We’ll wait and see ;)

15. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Rodgers has said he would rather keep or sell Hamza rather than loan him out. I hope he stays. Currently Wilf is undisputed number 1 defensive midfielder and hopefully will be for some time. Papy played well in his absence but I don't see him getting any better while there may well still be improvement in Hamza, he could still have a big role to play. I will always have a soft spot for local players. Must also be tough for him to hear this

16. leicester_ed

I saw this too. Difficult one as I can see him wanting to play and Wilf is a similar age and above him but he is a very useful rotation player.

17. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

He fits into the Schlupp mould. A good versatile player, but you’ll be able to find someone better. Great to have in the squad for rotation/injuries, but it’s only fair to let him go on and try and forge a career with a club. We’ll get a half decent fee I should imagine, £15m?

18. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

I think you missed the decimal point out <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

19. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Musa cost about £15m!

20. leicester_ed

Leicester City are ready to challenge Arsenal, Roma and AC Milan for the summer signing of 25-year-old Brazilian midfielder Otavio, who looks set to leave Portuguese side Porto when his contract runs out. (Leicester Mercury)