1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Sorry have to disagree. Perez stats in one season outclass what Gray has done in the last 3-4. Its no good coming on against a tiring defence and providing one moment of great football every now and then. Perez has yet to justify his huge fee but he is playing in a formation where Vardy is the go to man and not him. I think he will become a great signing whereas Gray was signed with potential, has bags of skill but rarely delivers.

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  2. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Perez has probably had more game time in one season than Gray has had in 3 or 4. As I've said before, it's hard for Gray to make a case for being picked when he's restricted to 20 minutes here and there, and gets played out of position. I'm not by any means saying he's the answer to our current wide player shortcomings, because his motivation must be shot to pieces. But at least he is a natural winger whereas Perez isn't.

I'm not sure what is going to have to happen to Perez if he's to become a great signing. I haven't seen anything so far to suggest that will ever happen. But who knows. I hope I'm wrong.

3. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Ünder medical reported to be complete.
    St Etienne aren't very willing to negotiate with us over Forfana so we're considering pursuing Tah from Leverkusen.

Brendan confirming in today's briefing that he considers Gray to be a squad player and it's up to him if he's happy with that or to move on and be considered a starter elsewhere.

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Rodgers doesn't want a winger, he wants an inside forward who can cut inside - is why we play right footed Barnes on the left and are close to signing a left footed RW in Under.

5. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Now I know the world has gone insane,45 million for Jota. Good player but how much does that make Vardy, Ings Zaha etc worth..

6. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Was always insane - remember we got £80M for Maguire...

7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Under deal is €3m loan with an option to buy for €24m which is wise given his injury record.

Wish we made this deal for the likes of Slimani, Musa, Silva, Iborra, Kapustka etc.

Also wishing we made the same deal for Fofana as apparently we have increased our offer to £26.5 million for an untested 19yo...

8. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Untested? ... Mbappe, Neymar and co? ... kid has amazing potential if we can pull it off <laugh>

9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Fofana is a CB - he may be a prodigy but it is a position where experience counts a lot more. He has been left out of the Saint Ettiene squad so hopefully will prove me wrong if he comes here.

West Brom are interesting in signing Slimani - reports are that he is holding out for a move back to Turkey though.

10. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

West Ham have made a bid worth up to £33m for Saint-Etienne's 19-year-old French centre-back Wesley Fofana, who has also attracted interest from Leicester City. (Sky Sports)

11. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

If that's true I reckon we shouldn't be getting into a bidding war for a kid who has potential but is unproven. Possibly less exciting but cheaper options elsewhere

12. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Trabzonspor have apparently agreed a deal for Diabate - he is apparently is in Turkey to finalise the deal.

13. leicester_ed

True... but normally when we really want someone and keep being persistent, it’s because they tend to actually be really good.

Liverpool overpaid (at the time) for their primary target of Van Dyke and look how that turned out...

14. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

For that price I rather us have someone who is good now, rather then in 3-4 years time.

15. leicester_ed

I know it’s easy to say that because he is only 19, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he already is good now...

16. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

He is already very good ... cracking performances against PSG last season by all accounts ...

17. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Diabate has completed his move to Turkey - no info on the fee if any.

Gray is linked with Spurs again.

Everton are after Todibo - looks like we are putting all of our eggs in one basket with Fofana but Saint Ettiene will only let him move if he is loaned back to them for the rest of the season.

We have been told that Fode Ballo-Toure won't be leaving Monaco either.

18. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We have submitted a £30+M offer for Tarkowski according to John Percy so might as well have come directly from the club.

19. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Burnley have rejected the offer according to Percy.

"Burnley have rejected Leicester’s offer of £30m+ for James Tarkowski. A bid of £35m-40m could be enough, as the £50m release clause only applies to United, Man C and Liverpool"

20. leicester_ed

Would rather Fofana for that money...