1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Benkovic has gone to on loan to Bristol City.

An underwhelming window, I know it's always difficult in January to get deals done. There hasn't been a great dealing of action anywhere really.

On the plus side no one sold we didn't want to leave.

2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Wolves have signed matheson for £1m in surely what must be deal of the decade? Suprised we weren’t in for him at that price.

3. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

The decades only 1 month old so its not that hard and this transfer windows been generally rubbish <laugh>

Not sure why this is considered a good deal, never really heard about him before he went to Wolves.

Probably going to be a few seasons before hes even considered for the first team

4. leicester_ed

He played for them a lot in the televised FA cup games and was their best player on the pitch. Seems very cheap for an up and coming player.

5. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

I watch championship highlights each week and was very keen for us to sign Jared Bowen as I think he has bags of potential and we could do with a goal scoring winger. Now he has gone to West ham, a team/club I cant stand, I hope he doesn't save them from the drop. Will be interesting to see how he goes in the prem, if only for a few months.

6. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

We're apparently interested in Lallana, not sure why, good player but not better than what we have tbf. Probably at Praets level and on the decline.

7. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

8. leicester_ed

Arsenal have joined Leicester in the hunt for Brentford's Algeria winger Said Benrahma, 24. (Sun)

9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are 50:50 with Algerian wingers so far...

10. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

..... But each one has been an improvement on the previous one <doh>

11. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I like the look of both keepers in this game today, Henderson and Ramsdale. If Bournemouth go down he’d be a good signing as a successor to Schmeichel. Henderson if he leaves Man Utd permanently would probably go to the Blades.
    The young Swedish striker at Sociedad Isak seems to be scoring a lot as well. Moved to Dortmund at a very young age and didn’t make it there. Seems to have found his feet in Spain. Bit of a Tielemans scenario. Would like both the above as Schmeichel/Vardy replacements over the next couple of years

LeicesterWizard and nzfoxfan like this.
  12. leicester_ed

Leicester City will make a second bid for Celtic's£25m-rated Scotland midfielder Callum McGregor, 26, this summer. (Sun on Sunday)

Seems a bit backward/sideways to me

13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Praet apparently wants to leave as he wants game time so would be a replacement for him.

14. leicester_ed

Where have you heard that? Shame as he’s an important player for us now, even if he doesn’t start.

also, that does irritate me a bit as what did he expect? I could have told him that he wouldn’t be starting ahead of n’didi, Tielemans and Maddison when he arrived here...

15. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

I like what I’ve seen of Praet, earlier in the season it was hard to find him game time, but with only 3 wins in 11 league games he probably feels he should be given a go.

16. leicester_ed

Leicester City are close to signing France youth international midfielder Arnaud Lusamba, 23, on a free transfer once his Nice contract expires at the end of the season. (Mail)

17. leicester_ed

Free agents:

Bournemouth - Ryan Fraser, Jordon Ibe, Charlie Daniels, Andrew Surman, Simon Francis, Artur Boruc, Brad Smith

Liverpool - Adam Lallana, Nathaniel Clyne, Andy Lonergan

Newcastle - Javier Manquillo, Matty Longstaff, Andy Carroll, Jack Colback, Rob Elliot, Jamie Sterry

Sheffield United - Ricky Holmes, Leon Clarke, John Lumdstram, Jack Rodwell, Phil Jagielka

A few free agents knocking around... the one that would really stand out for me would be Ryan Fraser whom I think could add a lot. Simon Francis isn’t bad either and could offer some depth. Lundstram has looked class this year too. If Fuchs does go, maybe even Charlie Daniel on a one year deal for cover.

18. nzfoxfan

Charlie Daniels and Simon Francis are of similar age to Fuchs so we may as well convince him to stay as they would only be stop gaps. Fraser had one outstanding season and i believe he plays the same side as Barnes. On that list the two best options for me would be Lundstram who I believe the blades will fight to keep and the Longstaff. He could become a very good player.

19. nzfoxfan

Man City now willing to go up against Chelsea for Chilwell. Brilliant news, a bidding war. Chilwell is good but 60-80 mill? Happy with that if it happens.

20. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I'd agree ... I'm a fan but he would be easier to find a good replacement for than some.