1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

It doesn't make sense at all. Brendan was really positive about James in an interview the other week. Surely it's better to include him in case he's ever fit and we've an emergency at any time before January.

2. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Okazaki has officially signed for Huesca.

3. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Another player who left on deadline day who left that the club decided not to bothered telling us about is Alex Pascanu. He signed for Cluj for £500K

4. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Manchester City want to sign Leicester City'sTurkey 23-year-old centre-back Caglar Soyuncu. (Fotospor via Metro)

And so it begins again...

5. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Of course they do :emoticon-0114-dull: they won't pay what we want though, so no worries there.

On another note i think its interesting how Celtic fans thought Benkovic was **** hot, yet is fully fit and behind Evans and Soyuncu (at least) in the pecking order :emoticon-0136-giggl

6. leicester_ed

I think Perez will turn into a good player who can play anywhere across the front 4 but I still think we are missing a RM.

Albrighton on the left is quality and Barnes is getting better

7. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I expect the links to the so called ‘big 6’ will come thick and fast and we approach Jan if we are still doing well. The likes of Man Utd and Chelsea will feel the need to try and unsettle us to gain any little advantage. Hopefully our young lads have their heads screwed on

8. leicester_ed

Tottenham have made Leicester City and England playmaker James Maddison, 22, their number one target to replace 27-year-old Denmark international Christian Eriksen, whose contract with Spurs expires at the end of the season. (Mirror)

When you read the article, it also says Man Utd are confident of a £60m deal. So it got me thinking, what would you actually sell him for? And remember, his ‘value’ and what would make you sell are 2 very different things. He is on a long contract as far as I’m aware, wasn’t overly cheap at £20ish mil for a championship player and one of the best up and coming English players. £120 mil for me. He is vital to our push for consistent top 4.

9. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Agree, certainly nothing less than £100mill and plenty of time for replacement. Wouldn’t even sell at all though, we need a summer where we keep everyone together. So yeah £120mill is fair. Not sure Spurs will be an attractive proposition, they are basically Poch, if he leaves they are mid table. Man Utd have the pedigree but again, they’re a mess

10. leicester_ed

We have one of the best squads I’ve seen in a long time - so pleaseeeeeee finish it off by signing a decent proper winger

11. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Right or left? Is Barnes good enough in your eyes? Good wingers should be direct and can go past people. For me the Chilwell and Barnes partnership should be doing better. Is it to replace Perez? He looks like someone placed on the wing because there's nowhere else for him to play, but he's no winger. Ricardo supplies the pace down that side. Who do you have in mind, Ed?

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  12. leicester_ed

On the right. Barnes is ok but definately a weaker player in a very very good squad. Personally I like Albrighton on the left, someone new on the right and Barnes and Gray as impact off the bench. Perez is decent but not a winger

13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Is a pity we don't have anyone like that coming up from the reserves - all of our highly rated youngsters are defensive.

In other rumours - Iheanacho is to join Besiktas on loan in Jan, Mendy is wanted by Newcastle and we are linked with Norwegian RB Omar Elabdellaoui from Olympiacos.

14. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Brendan Rodgers has said Demarai Gray, Harvey Barnes, Marc Albrighton and Ayoze Perez “need to do more and the problem is they are all better coming off the bench”. Barnes had a complete shocker against Burnley apart from 1 superb cross for Vardy’s goal

i think Brendan will be looking to spend the Maguire money on a winger in January.

Imagine Mahrez in this team. 3rd place would be ours

15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We aren't linked with any wingers atm - only other transfer news is Man Utd are willing to spend over £100M for Maddison and we are going to offer him a new deal to make sure that they have to.

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  16. LeicesterWizard

Don't see Man U being fleeced twice, hes not worth that much at the moment, hes still improving and is only worth £100m to us because we don't want to sell him.

Tbf, we have an abundance of CM options atm, if they were to put in a 9 figure bid, i'd certainly be tempted to sell.

17. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Just read Man Utd paid 80 mill up front for Maguire, very rare to get such a sum with it normally being paid in installments. That's a lot off the training ground or if a good sum is available for the team in Jan or next winter plenty to help improve the squad.

18. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We shall see if the Celtic wummers warning about Congerton is true now he has real money to spend.

Have an awful feeling that we will go after Suso from Milan - Rodgers knows him from Liverpool but is apparently so bad that one Milan fan is going to drive around the city honking the horn of his car every time he plays in protest https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/com...n_fan_i_will_honk_my/?st=k23nwodd&sh=17d5a9ec

19. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are linked with 19yo AM Kerem Baykus from Trabzonspor and 23yo striker Serhou Guirassy from Amiens (where Diabate is on loan).

Slimani is doing really well at Monaco - they are looking to get him for around £8M.

Benkovic is rumoured to be heading back to Celtic on loan and Wes Morgan is interested in rejoining Forest after his contract expires with us.

20. LeicesterWizard

.... but ... 'e 8's Forest ... :emoticon-0112-wonde