1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

Rumors are that Willian is signing based off assurances he will be played as a #10 would assume that means no Couhtnho, I would be happy to get zaha the front 4 of Zaha-Auba-pepe
    Willia
    Will be up there as one of the best in the league, to much pace and trickery to handle. Opposing teams will be forced to sit back and let us dominate the ball

2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

He used to play in the middle for Shaktar and it was only really when he moved to Chelsea that they played him as a winger. Willian is fast and takes defenders on, that's exactly what we need from MF tbh. We rely far too much on Auba for goals and we need to get more from MF

TheBear likes this.
  3. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

I dont think there is any truth in the Zaha rumours. Think it's lazy journalism.
    Could be good - just dont know how good Willian is in that position. (I know he played there for Shaktar)

If we go by the more established rumours/speculation next Season could see...

--------------------------Marti/Leno-----------------------
    Bellerin---------Saliba-------Gabriel----------Tierney
    -------------------Partey--------Xhaka--------------------
    ---Pepe-----------------Willian------------------Auba---
    -------------------------Lacazette--------------------------

Bench: Ceballos, Luiz, Willock, Saka, Nelson, Martinelli. Marti/Leno - thats if we keep Laca of course. Would be nice if we added Coutinho too of course would give us all kinds of offensive options

Would be interesting and probably the biggest most athletic side we have had since 2005.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

The Zaha boat sailed as soon as we signed Pepe, who will turn out to be the far better player imo. I'd love to see Coutinho at Arsenal, but if we're playing Willian as a no10, then I don't see them both coming in.

I actually think the Ceballos / Xhaka pairing is very good and hopefully we can keep Ceballos for at least another year. Real apparently have offered him for £30m and tbh that's a steal. If we can afford we should be doing that deal. Thomas Partey as a DM/ box to box would be incredible but he won't come cheap, maybe a deal involving Lacazette to Atletico could be on the cards, but I think we should be keeping Laca as he is a soldier for this team

What concerns me more though is defence. We've got Saliba coming in, but we still need another quality CB. Luiz is a good player, but he's so prone to error. I think we're gonna need to shift a few on before we get another defender in. We've got Sokratis, Holding, Chambers, Mustafi to try and shift on and none of them are going to command a big fee. We've also got Mari coming back in.

Going to be a busy summer at Arsenal this window.

5. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

Not quite sure that the zaha ship has sailed, he's pretty much downed tools this season I imagine he is trying to force a move. We would look such a better side with 2 actual wingers and Auba in his favored position.

Regarding defenders I can see holding and mustafi most likely to go followed by chambers. Sokratis agent has said they plan to honor the contract so that's him happy to sit on the bench and earn some cash. With been heavily linked with the lille defender Gabrielle I don't know much about him to judge if I'm happy with the transfer or not.

6. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

I like couhtnho but will he really work harder then ozil? I'm not sure if he will fit Arteta's way. I would be happy to sign him if the price was right and figure out the details later.

7. TheBear

Yes he will - he's much more energetic/aggressive than Ozil.
    There's always a risk though but at least here we would only be risking wages not ahuge transfer fee.

8. TheBear

You know who would be the perfect signing for us?

Thiago Alcântara.

I know he's being linked to Liverpool and i know he's not the youngest but....

-------------------Partey--------Xhaka--------------------
    ---------------------------Thiago----------------------------

That would be soo tasty - Auba would get soo much service and i feel like he's exactly what Arteta would look for in a player.

Diego likes this.
  9. TheBear

It seems Edu is actually now focusing on Gabriel and Coutinho - the former now certain to leave Lille.
    I have to say a Gabriel, Willian and Coutinho transfer window would be ****ing excellent.

(If we added Partey as well <cracker>)

10. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

I think Gabriel is going to Napoli so who should we go after instead

11. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

I think we should be going for a premier league proven defender, I don't want to see Saliba partnered with a guy new to the league. We will see all sorts of mistakes or we will see a back three with Luiz so still mistakes and a less offensive team.

12. straycat_67

straycat_67 Well-Known Member

Let's hope this mornings "rumours" are true! Coming from the Telegraph so slightly more reliable one would hope.

Arsenal have agreed terms on a new contract with captain and Gabon forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 31, and are also closing in on the signing of Brazil defender Gabriel Magalhaes, 22, from Lille. (Telegraph - subscription required)

13. TheBear

I really don't - the only signable one I would take is John Stones and he's been dodgy for the last 12 months.

I think for £30m Gabriel looks like the best deal on the market - left sided, 6'3 big powerful & technically excellent. I would actually take him over Upamecano who looks a little raw and is being quoted at £80m+.

Ok so he's only 22 and Saliba is only 19. But we would have two big powerful intimidating centrebacks for the first time in 15+ years.

gooner4ever likes this.
  14. gooner4ever

Forum Moderator

would they play either side of Luiz in a back 3, or are they better suited to a back 4.
    or what about a back 3 including Tierney

15. TheBear

Arteta has stated a couple of times he means to play 4 at the back but we dont have the right players.
    Part of the problem there is actually in midfield - he doesnt feel we have enough offensive quality to play through a well organised tight press.
    That's why we've played a counter attacking style with three at the back against the big teams. This is why we've signed Willian and also why we seem to be so interested in Partey.

Ultimately Arteta will wants to play in that offensive Guardiola style system.

This would need a back four. Lets say we do get Gabriel - I think over time our preferred lineup would be...

Bellerin------Saliba-----------Gabriel-------Tierney

gooner4ever likes this.
  16. TheBear

Double good news.

Goal, The Mail and Express are all claiming we have beaten Napoli and United to Gabriel in a deal worth £22m. (bargain!)

Also Napoli actually were the first to offer the fee but Gabriel seems to have chosen Arsenal.
    Napoli have now expressed an interest in signing Sokratis for £15million instead.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2020
  17. gooner4ever

Forum Moderator

if they pay £15m for Sokratis then we have got Gabriel for a net £7m !!

18. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

We got “here we go” on Gabriel - looks like he is becoming an arsenal player!

19. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

20. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

I like holding alot but this move is best for him, he's not good enough with the ball for arteta. If he has a good season we can get more money for him next season or he can come back and compete for a place in the team

gooner4ever likes this.