1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Cb, Nov 24, 2012.

1. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Ok they might both be rumours but lets say we pull off Upamecano and Thomas Partey.
    Along with Saliba that would TOTALLY transform this side.

-------------------------------Leno(Martinez)---------------------------------
    Bellerin(AMN)---Saliba(Mari)---Upamecano(Luiz)---Tieney(Saka)
    -----------------Partey(Torreira)----Xhaka(Guendouzi)-------------------
    -----------------------------Ozil(Ceballos)--------------------------------------
    Pepe/Nelson--------Aubameyang/Lacazette----------------Martinelli

That's a damn decent team!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
    gooner4ever likes this.
  2. TheBear

No football is driving me mad - really just diving into the gossip.

Being linked to Kai Havertz today.

Imagine a midfield with Kai Havertz and Partey!<yikes>

gooner4ever likes this.
  3. TheBear

L'Equipe saying Arteta wants Philipe Coutinho - In fact 'dreams' of signing him.
    Have to say I think he would be far more effective than Ozil in this position for us. Can also play on the wing of course.
    Also saying we are still after Thomas Partey in midfield and looking to add William Saliba's CB partner at St Ettiene Wesley Fofana.

So three players - I guess that's feasible should be sell a few and get a small cash injection from Stan.

-------------------------------Leno(Martinez)---------------------------------
    Bellerin(AMN)----Saliba(Mari)---Luiz(Fofana)----Tieney(Saka)
    -----------------Partey(Torreira)----Xhaka(Guendouzi)-------------------
    -----------------------------Coutinho(Ozil)--------------------------------------
    Pepe(Nelson)--------Aubameyang/Lacazette----------------Martinelli

another option could be...

-------------------------------Leno(
    Martinez)---------------------------------
    Bellerin
    (AMN)----Saliba(Mari)---Luiz(Fofana)-----Tieney(Saka)
    -----------------Partey(Torreira)----Xhaka(Guendouzi)---------------
    -----------------------------Ozil
    (Willock)--------------------------------------
    Pepe
    (Nelson)--------Aubame(Laca)---------------Coutinho(Martinelli)

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  4. TheBear

5. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Let's just hold our horses a bit here <laugh> The source isn't the most reliable. And given that we are highly unlikely to be getting CL football this season (may not even get Europa either), as well as COVID-19 impacting our finances too, I find it hard to believe all of those moves would be happening without significant income from player sales - even that alone wouldn't be enough. Coutinho's wages would be astronomical, as will Partey's and Upamecano's.

One of those players I think is likely to come here, but all 3 is a stretch without any European football. They would all have more attractive propositions to join than us, too.

6. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Edit: double post

7. TheBear

Of course - as I stated; multiple sources reporting that. I agree though, given the clubs recent financial results and the impact of Corona we are going to have to a) sell players to buy or b) get a rare cash injection from the owners.

8. TheBear

Ornstein claiming that Arsenal are interesting in signing Wout Weghorst. Honestly this is a weird one.

6'6 powerful centreforward he's almost a Peter Crouch/Andy Carroll type player - only a bit better technically. It's a weird signing, I guess would offer something different.

If this is true I guess It would indicate either Lacazette or Auba will be leaving this Summer.

Ornstein also claiming that Arteta isnt keen to keep Ceballos and wants to look elsewhere for midfield options.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  9. TheBear

Reports saying we are afater Memphis Depay to replace Laca who Arteta wants to sell this Summer.

L'Equip also claiming we are looking at Auoar to replace Mesut Ozil who Arteta also wants gone.

Auoar would be an incredible signing. Thought he was going to be David Silvas replacement at City but it now looks like they may give Foden the chance.

10. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

We should really be looking at max Aaron's, sign him up Norwich just been relegated should be able to get him on the cheap

11. TheBear

Yeah would be the right kind of signing IMO.
    Our best chance of catching the City's/Liverpool's is with signing young talent.

Personally think Raul & Edu should be chasing Hasem Auoar and Dominik Szoboszlai. We need creativity in the squad for sure.

12. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Ismaila Sarr too if Watford go down. Looking less like they will but if they do...

13. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

Seems like partey has used us for a new contract at athletico, alternatives should be Ndidi or Gueye both proven in the prem both improve our first 11 by alot.

14. TheBear

Honestly with Xhaka playing well under Arteta, Torreira still in the side I would prefer us to spend the money on creative midfielders instead.

I was thinking would be worth trying to pinch Martin Ødegaard. Real keep sending him out on loan and the guy was absolutely oustanding this Season.

Obviously Coutinho would be would also be worth looking at as he can play as a no.10 and on the wing. As I've previously said Hasem Auoar and Dominick Szobolazai would be great young options.

15. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

Xhaka is hardly a defensive midfielder though, I would have him in a 3 man midfield with a new DM and a proper box to box midfielder similar to Ramsey could be willock but I'm not sure when he will be ready.

Couhtinho I would take but as a LW option, odergaard I haven't seen much of but have heard good things and the other guy is a massive risk coming from the Austrian league

16. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

Maitland Niles has changed agent to the same one as sterling, usually players change agents before a move or contract renewal I'm hoping it's a contract renewal. If we do sell him we have to insert a buy back clause

17. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

going forward I think a back 3 of
    Saliba
    Tierney
    Mari or Luiz Or new CB
    with Holding on rotation.
    still would sell Mustafi as he dives in too much.

then the WB/FB of Bellerin/Soares and AMN and Saka as well.

Midfield
    Xhaka Ceballos Partey ?
    Guendozzy and Torreira as rotation.

Forwards:
    Auba, Laca, Martenelli, Necktie, Pepe, Saka, Nelson, Willock.

loan out
    John-Jules
    Smith-Rowe
    and other youngsters to get more experience.

Sell:
    Mustafi
    Ozil
    Chambers
    Miki to Roma
    Kolasanac

Plenty of wages saved** and give it all to Auba and laca so they sign new contracts

the squad doesn’t need a massive overhaul but does need trimming and then some investment*.

*hope we don’t get Fraser on a free, but IMO Willian could be a good addition as long as he doesn’t use all of our wage savings**

18. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

Ozil, kolasanac and mustafi aren't going anywhere mustafi and kola both on 100k plus neither are getting half that if they move elsewhere both will see out there contracts. I reckon there will be surprises for the players we do sell some sales will hurt us but if we reinvest the money well it won't hurt as much.

Don't get attached to any players every player we have is for sale if the price is right including auba, sad but true

19. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

Santi leaving Villarreal just as Emery is being reported to be the new manager over there, unreal vision from Santi he wants nothing to do with the man he left when Emery was appointed here.

Question is would anyone have him back? Could be good wouldn't expect him to start many games would be good around the squad could do his badges aswell

20. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

Santi to be a coach with us - yes please