1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Why would we bring someone in on loan, let alone a youngster with barely any first team experience?

We do have a couple of quid to buy players y'know...

2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Because currently I think we are good enough in that position but could just do with a bit of cover - nothing wrong with a loan and giving a player back!

He looks sharp though Hudson-Odoi. In my opinion someone fast and sharp to run out for the final 20 minutes each week would really help us

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We have Diabate and Ghezall in the first team already.

We shouldn't be developing players for another team - we have out own glut of youngsters like Barnes, Thomas and Martis if we want to do that.

4. leicester_ed

I think Diabate is absolutely ****. Ghezzal unpredictable and poor. Thomas and whoever Martin is isn’t in the same league at all.

Why shouldn’t we loan players if it is to our benefit?

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Because it isn't to our benefit at all being a feeder club - to develop a player for our rivals?

Do you think that we aren't good enough to sign him permanently as it seems like he would like a move away.

6. leicester_ed

Yeah I believe him and a lot of other young players aren’t for sale and can offer a lot to us.

I do fully understand your point but I’ve really got an entirely different view to the loan system - it can be a fanastic short term fix which can also allow you to wait until the summer when more players will be available

7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Personally I think if we do use the loan system then it should either be because that player is exceptional - like when Man Utd loaned Tevez and Larsson - of if we have a deal in place to sign the player permanently.

I believe we are well above the level where we need to pad out our squad with loan players.

8. leicester_ed

Where I disagree with is the ‘well above the level’. I disagree agree that any team is ‘above a level’ to use the loan system to enhance their squad. Real Madrid even loaned Julian Faubert once(!)

9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

And they had a deal in place to sign the player permanently - he turned out to be rubbish for them so they sent him packing.

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are linked with Nathaniel Clyne again - would do the job and if he does join can see Perrera going back to RW in the last minutes of games and fulfilling @leicester_ed request for a fast winger...

11. leicester_ed

Can’t see it myself as Pereira seems to be cementing himself as a top RB now and we have Amartey and Simpson on the books.

Clyne presumably is after moving for first team football and many other clubs could offer him that - we just happen to have a top RB in his position already.

12. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Agreed, I liked (well still like the idea) of Clyne but Ricardo seems to have settled well now. Great full backs we have

13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Simpson is all but gone - his contract runs out at the end of the season and is one of the players that Raneiri has his eyes on.

Am reading that it could be a loan deal rather then permanent - literally just for the rest of the season so we have an experienced backup during Amartey's recovery.
    Simpson is way past his best and we need to replace him. Was hoping that we would promote reserve team player but Amartey will be out for most if not all this season so a seasoned backup would be best.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  14. leicester_ed

Don’t get me wrong, I’d take him, but for his career I can’t see the benefit. If it’s just a loan he needs to move somewhere to play - whatever level that is - and prove his fitness and credentials for the summer

15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Didn't Puel manage him at Southampton?

Either way looks like he wants to prove his fitness and credentials be break back into the Liverpool team - if he wants to do that with us then I'm up for it while Amartey is injured and any other backup are past their best or inexperienced.

16. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

No Clyne has been at Liverpool for years now and left long before Puel took over

17. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

We are linked with Dominic Iorfa from Wolves. Not sure why we are linked with another CB but there you go.

Slimani's loan might be cut short - he has been poor for Fenerbahce and is being booed by their fans.

18. leicester_ed

Can we pleaseeee jusy sign a decent winger who is also a goal threat. Please!

19. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

We didnt replace Mahrez. Maddison filled a gap we have been crying out for years and he has done that superbly

We lack quality on the wings. Gray blows hot and cold, Albrighton is a solid player but not a match winner and Ghezzal has struggled

Up front we rely miles too heavily on Vardy. Okazaki never has or will score enough goals, Iheanacho keeps failing to deliver

If Puel cant find or get a striker in January then he should just recall (if possible) Islam Slimani. He can lead the line when when he has done for us he has done ok. He just hasnt delievered playing off Vardy

More you see us struggle for decent options the more I would be tempted to recall Harvey Barnes

20. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

and play him where?