1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Winter 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by THE FOXES 1884, May 5, 2016.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

tielemans loan deal now confirmed on the BBC football page

2. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Just hope he speaks English.

3. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Will be wearing #21 in case anyone needed to know that

Is Belgian so very likely he does - there are so many languages there that people speak English as the common one.

4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Andy King Derby loan
    Adrien Silva Monaco Loan
    Darnell Johnson Hibs Loan
    Josh Knight Peterborough Loan

Add to Iborra,Elder, Diabate and Benalouane leaving earlier

We have got alot off the wage bill

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  5. Proud Fox

As Bigfox said. Dont see what we gain from putting someone elses player in the shop window. We have moved on from that now. If we had control of Tielemans future I would be over the moon with him signing

I think he will be the real deal but want to see the club planning and building long term. Loaning players for a few months we have little chance of signing doesnt really help us when were not competiting for anything

6. Proud Fox

Danny Drinkwater hasnt moved anywhere. What an absolute waste. Thats 2 years of his career down the toilet because he wanted his big move. Moving to Chelsea was never a good move for him

7. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Not if he wanted an England career and playing regularly but it was to his bank balance which is probably why he is still there..

8. Proud Fox

Wouldnt have stopped him going out on loan unless Chelsea wanted too much of his wages cover and a big loan fee

9. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Hes not been played properly for 18 months, it will probably take any club willing to loan him another month to get him match fit.

10. Proud Fox

Clubs dont have the time to get him match fit. He surely will leave in the summer where he can have a pre season with someone

11. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Shame about Darnell Johnson - given our lack of depth at RB I thought he might be able to break into the team - hopefully will be closer when he comes back with more experience.

Josh Knight signed a new deal before he left so we are still thinking highly of him.

12. Proud Fox

Lack of depth?

Ricardo, Simpson and Amartey apparently isnt a million miles off returning. More then enough depth. We coped with just Simpson for years

13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I have made no secret that I do not rate Simpson and he hasn't proven me wrong so far - his attacking deficiency has been really highlighted by the way Ricardo is playing.

I thought that Amartey was out for the season so that is good news and the sooner he comes back to replace Simpson the better. The last couple of years we had Mahrez to make up for his almost complete lack of attacking - is no coincidence that the couple of starts he had coincides with some of our worst performances as he completely imbalances the team.

Simpson is almost definitely leaving at the end of the season as well so though it might have been a good opportunity to blood a youngster - was hoping that Johnson could have been given a chance I have heard good things about the lad when playing in the reserves.

14. Proud Fox

Simpson is an old fashioned right back. He defends and he defends well. He was superb at Everton

Ricardo has all of a sudden became brilliant at defending but Simpson IMO still is worth a place in the squad as cover for Ricardo. Amartey doesnt defend or attack great so if we was to let Simpson go I dont think Amartey is the answer

15. Lcfcfox1

Lcfcfox1 Active Member

LeicesterWizard and Proud Fox like this.
  16. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

While I would agree that Amartey isn't the answer at RB, he is twice the attacker that Simpson is - not that that is saying much - and at least has the turn of pace to make up for his errors - which Simpson no longer has.

Sadly I remember the Everton game as it was one of the worst games I ever watched and was the equivalent of two drunks swinging at each other until one trips over his own feet and knocks himself out.

I remember Ghezell starting and being hopeful he would come good but he didn't - wasn't helped that all he could do was cut inside and run straight at the Everton defence because he had no one behind him who could overlap. He was replaced by Albrighton in the second half who spent most of it at RB who because Simpson kept on getting dragged out of position - I'm sure the statistics showed that we had something like 75% of our attacks from the left, 20% from the middle and 5% from the right.

Whatever Simpson had he has lost unfortunately for us - that one season when we won the Premier League had me calling for him to be in the England squad but he has declined almost as much as Drinkwater.
    That is exactly the point I am making - Simpson did no attacking and only defending because Mahrez did all of the attacking and didn't have to defend and it worked brilliantly in our Premier League winning season. However the season after when Mahrez stopped caring and combined with Simpson's form dropping really buggered us up.

Problem is now we don't have anyone that can match Mahrez's skill in attack to cover Simpson's deficiency and Simpson's decline in defensive ability looks to be permanent as shown in the Newport and Wolves games.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    LeicesterWizard likes this.
  17. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

An absolutely perfect paring, Mahrez magically attacked, Simpson solidly defended. However, we need a new plan as that's no longer an option, as much as we all wish it still was.
    FWIW, I'm not sure Amartey is the answer either.

18. Proud Fox

Simpson has been great for us. No other word for it. As Foxy in Foyle just said they worked well as Mahrez didnt get back and Simpson didnt get foward

With Simpson and like with players like Morgan, King, James, Okazaki. The club is moving on. Ive never seen a player improve so much overnight like Ricardo has. Morgan along with Huth was amazing but times have moved and so has to club. We have better options then them

Simpson I think is still worth a new contract if he is happy covering and sitting on the bench but the others I think its time to say thank you and move on

19. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Interesting article saying just the same thing. Although costs are possibly prohibitive to some, he's not forcing a move to play.
    A very direct contrast to the Kasper interview, where he explained his long list of loans out as he wanted to play and not just be sitting on the bench collecting his money.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...right-decision/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

20. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Everton, Porto and Lazio are after our Portuguese U18 CM Sidnei Tavares - can't tell you anything about the lad except he must be half decent.