1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Jaime Peters

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by TractorBoyTuck, Jun 7, 2011.

1. TractorBoyTuck

I know he seems to be a recurring question, but do you think he can fit in our Town side?

Personally, I reckon he's good enough, not only as a utility player, but as an option for a left back. That's not to say I think he's ideal at this moment; his positional sense can be awful! But given time, like most said for Edwards, I think he could make it his own.

2. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Tuck - i most definitely think he can, and should be, doing a job for us. I think he's a cracking little player, who could, in my opinion, be used as a wing back. Quick, good at going forward, and has a great bit of energy about him. Far better than edwards as a full back, and is far quicker.

3. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

Always seems to give 100% and has had some excellent games at right back in the past. One of my favourite players and always puzzled as to why he doesn't / didn't start more games. That said, I'm sure that the powers that be have a far better insight than me and the decision must have been taken for a good reason.

4. Strattonblue

Strattonblue Guest

The phrase "Jack of all trades, master of none" springs to mind.

He came here with massive hype as a youngster that had turned down Chelsea and United to join us and hasnt convinced any of the managers that we have had since. He's a useful squad man but we need better in our startingeleven if we are going to move forward.

5. Tractor Tim

Tractor Tim Member

100% agree with Strattonblue. The fans like him, he is a utility player and great servant to the club, as such he does have a role to play as a squad member but, he is simply not of the calibre that should be considered as a regular in the starting 11. I'd like him to stay and feature from time to time, as I think he does have something to offer for sure. He was a star vs WBA last season but one swallow and all that. Keep him and use him as cover.

6. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

For some reason he seems to remind me of Micky Stockwell..but obviously a different colour. Put him anywhere on the pitch and he'd do a relatively decent job (other than in goal of course)

7. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Completely agree with Stratton.

He was hyped up very much, and really has delivered not a lot.

Really not a fan of him on a wing, doesn't really quite have the ability to beat a man and doesn't deliver the best.

I thought he looked handy at full back ( credit to Keane for once ) but not a long-term solution.

Unlucky to be frozen out by Jewell - but I think he's come to the logical decision of thanks and goodbye Jaime

8. Rushmere

Rushmere Member

Not delivered a lot compared to who? Have watched so much crap in recent times at PR due to the mix of some sub-standard players perhaps but also a total lack of commitment and passion from others. At least Peters gave it his best shot. That, for me, is worth a pat on the back.

As far as saying goodbye to Jaime you may be right, but lets hope that the players we are shipping out now are replaced by something better very soon.

9. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

I think in his entire spell from 05/06 to current date... he has contributed 4 goals from the wing, very few assists. Thats the bread and butter of what he will be judged for I'm afraid.

Full-back could have been worth exploring more with the lad, however to me on a wing he isn't the answer.

Like you say, all credit Jaime's workrate, and everything else over his time here. Didn't moan to the press when left out by Jewell.
    Similar to Matt Richards in many respects, all the commitment and energy you'd want but really lacking ( to me anyway ) in the key areas.

Imagine Finidi George with Peter's workrate ! - I still fail to see how George got slated quite so badly, and to be voted our worst player ever is some disgrace !
    8 goals in a relegation side from the wing, hardly his fault he was on stupid wages either.....

Funny game football !

10. TractorBoyTuck

I take your points fellas. I want to see him stay and get some time at full-back, specifically left-back, but obviously if there's a better option, we have to go for it. Would be disappointed if he left, though, as I do think he was one of our better performers during the Keane era.