1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I've been thinking

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by safc73, Mar 24, 2011.

1. safc73

safc73 Active Member

There has been some negativity on here recently with people’s posts being knocked, bad spellings and grammar being picked up, accusations of wuming , **** or aggressive banter etc .

I’ve been reflecting on this and just wanted to let you know my opinion.
    I loved going to watch the lads play, being in a crowd of a few friends and many strangers all with a something in common……. our love for the lads in red and white.
    Who were in the crowd?

• People who knew everything about football, footballers and SAFC and could talk all the way through the match about the merits of this and that

• Some lads who were very deep and rarely said a word but from time to time chipped in with a few pearls.

• Others who were there to watch the lads and have a laugh, throwing out the odd sarcastic gem

• Some of the finest (passive) WUM’s the land has ever seen….” who are ya…. who are ya…”.

• Even some of the hardest (aggressive) WUM’s the land has ever seen ….” your going to get your ****ing head kicked in”.

• Old ladies who should never be sworn in front of

• Young lads who cannot say two words without swearing.

In short the same mix as we get on our board, different types of people with different views and different ways of expressing them. Not one better than the other or one more right than the others.

I personally think that the board and our mods do a great job in allowing the diverse bunch that we are a level playing field to air our views, be serious or have a laugh etc.

I also think that sometimes we as members should remember that we are all different but all share a common passion. We all support the same team but in different ways……

2. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

I agree with all of that, I think we have only had two problems, Big Chrs and at present Bigdownunder. Big Chris was given loads of chances and in the end decided to go rather than keep being banned, I for one regret him going and would have loved him to have calmed down but he seemed incapable. Bigdownunder is still with us, not a Sunderland supporter but an alleged Newcastle fan who never goes on the Newcastle board.

Dont thing thats to bad.

3. safc73

safc73 Active Member

thanks cyprus, was not sure what response I'd get......

4. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

Nice article 73, sometimes the wums who come on here just to attack the team we all love, gets to a lot of us and we fire back, we even disagree sometimes between ourselves. I find in general that a 2 or 3 game win streak stops the wums and keeps us all happy, roll on a few wins.

5. safc73

safc73 Active Member

I'll drink to that mate......would love to see us turn city over.......