1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Its getting close to "early days" not being valid.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Couple of thoughts for all to comment on.
    CHO is a very long way from being the finished article. Looks to me as if he is starting to believe his own hype and not working hard enough. Has done bugger all in last 3 games, and shown poor finishing. He is a left sided player, wasted on the right, and he is not a good match with Pulisic at this time.
    Pulisic is starting to look like Hazard, running into dead ends too often. Talent is there without doubt, but our set up against a 5 man mid field is not his go. Alonso spent all game trying to bring him into play, but he's at his best ferreting out openings, not just routine down the line attacking. He has more guile than CHO and is a more clever player. I think he'll turn out much the better of the 2.
    Midfielder Kovacic is looking the best of them all. His forward runs and simple short passes smashed Ajax. If RLC comes back and actually fulfils his promise, Jorghino might yet be the loser.
    Reece James for all his potential, doesn't look fit to me. He has great attacking ability but doesn't use it. Under instruction? Hope not.
    Tammy Abraham has had a dream run, but when the going got tough,I think he was found wanting?? Michy looks tougher, stronger and more combatative. Love to see us play 2 strikers. Both need service from midfield which they didn't get v Utd, but Michy looks the more likely when feeding off scraps.
    Let's leave it there.
    Not wanting to put anyone down, all have been amazing, but certain things are starting to show up. Always likely with this experiment. Incredible potential everywhere, nightmare for Frank to sort through.
    Now let's rumble Watford.

2. The Ginger Marks

I don't think anybody could put this squad down because they didn't win against a near full United first team mate. We were a tad slow in the first half and couldn't break Uniteds five man back three or penetrate their 5 man midfield. We were better in the second half especially when we played it long.

Naas Blue likes this.
  3. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I think I’ve been watching a different team to you....

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Same tbh CP, I dont think CHO has played particularly bad in any of his appearances, he has only had 4 league games so far, he needs time to get his groove back!
    Pulisic you are judging far too early also, he has moved to a new league and his performances since Ajax have been great.
    The one part I do agree with is that I would love to see Frank try two strikers.
    I miss the old Strike partnerships of the 90's, like Shearer and Sutton, Cole and Yorke, Owen and Fowler, Zola and Hughes.
    Everyone plays one up top nowadays. I would just like to see him give it a go with two :p

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Absolutely not putting the squad down, simply thinking out loud about progression of individuals and how the team is shaping up. One thing I didn't mention is that some players look as if they need a rest, but with Kante, Barkley, Rudi, Christensen an RLC still not fit, Frank can only do so much. We are lucky that Tammy gets a break and Michy steps up, Guehi proved a great replacement for Tomori, Reece James did a very good job for Dave. Willian was off the boil his last game and CHO and Pulisic this Man U game. Will be really keen to see who plays against Watford, who'd be a Manager ???

6. CFC: Champs £launderx17

This

7. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

I'm probably wrong but the weak links seem to be coming from the old guard. Willian. I'm afraid he looses possession to often and Dave is not cut out to be an attacking full back. It is however obvious we are a better team when Barkley is injured. On the plus side Tomoroi is mustard as is Z man, both have been impressive lately. Would like to see Kante and RLC together and Batsy deserves a start in the prem with or without Tammy. All four would be nirvana.