1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

It's Down To Laudrup Part 2

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Kifflom!, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

No overreaction from me here. Cardiff fully deserves the victory and hats off to them. But Laudrup's comments before the game told me everything. "We're going to push them. At least for the first half". Er... what about the second half, mate?

He was true to his word. As soon as we came out 2nd half we looked pretty awful. Far too deep. Made a very ordinary team look good in the end. Still think we'll finish above them and we'll beat them at the Lib. But as I've said before our tempo is non existent and I for one think that's down to the Manager.

Today their players wanted it more. True to their new motto they had 'fire and passion' whereas it was clear ours were told to hang on to the nil nil.

Yes our Manager has been great for us but got it competely wrong today.

As always, happy to debate civilly. <ok>

2. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if Laudrup is the right man for the Swans, far to laid back and does not seem to have a plan B.
    A passing game will secure you points but after a few years in the prem teams will find ways to play against that, we grind out results and that has to be done at times.

From Martinez to Rodgers the Swans had managers with flair but also passion, I don't see that in Laudrup.

3. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

if I was a 2nd city fan I would feel that Laudrup's post match interview left a lot to be desired.

Too many prima donnas (De Guisman, Shelvey, Routledge), and overrated players (Williams, Chico)..........

The PL have sussed the team out. 67 successive passes along their penalty area isn't going to cut it anymore.

Ok, City have a long way to go, but are learning pretty damn quick what it takes in this division. May well be dead ball reliant but it worked for Stoke.

Great day for the capital and always number one team in Wales.