1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Radrizzani about to sell our soul ?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Jammy 07, May 27, 2019.

1. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Leeds fans seem to be sleep walking into a scenario which few, if any, seem to understand the possible consequences of.

At first glance an investment in our club from QSI would seem to be a route back to the promised land along with the potential to eventually compete with Man City etc at the top table of English football. Indeed that could and most likely would happen given the massive financial capabilities of QSI who are a subsidiary of QIA (Qatari Investment Authority) who are in basic terms the company which holds and manages/invests the entire national wealth of Qatar.

Leaving aside for now other concerns about Qatar as a country what therefore is the problem I hear you all ask ?

Well is very straight forward and very simple...

UEFA Integrity Rules clearly state that no 2 clubs with the same owners may compete in the same UEFA competition. Ownership is defined as a company or individual having either 50.1 % shares or a ' decisive influence '. The decisive influence is left undefined by UEFA but PL rules state that anyone individual or company with a 30% or greater shareholding in one club may not have more than 10% in any other.

Clearly as QSI already own PSG in France any sizable investment in LUFC would mean we would be unable to enter the same UEFA competition unless QSI decided to omit PSG in favour of Leeds.

The ability to enter any competition a club qualifies for and especially one which is a reward for on field success is at the very essence of what football is and why it's always been universally popular.

Is Mr Radrizzani therefore about to commit the most heinous crime and sell the very soul of the club for some short term financially doped success but ultimately relegating us in perpetuity to 2nd class status ?

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Norwayleedsforever likes this.
  2. lifecheshirewhite

You're worried he going to sell your oursole :emoticon-0172-mooni. <laugh>

French footballs crap, as is their league. Recon they would,ditch PSG as we move upwards.

Irishshako likes this.
  3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep buy Leeds and sell the required amount of PSG shares, or do what every other team does (specifically thinking ffp rules) and find a work around

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  4. Jammy 07

If you could just get away from your fascination with men's bottoms for a while we may be able to have a sensible debate.

The prospects of QSI relinquishing their ownership of PSG I would say are practically zero...there are far too many commercial ties between France and Qatar for that to happen.

If QSI invest at even say 25% there is a chance we would be refused entry to the same UEFA competition as PSG. Given that the last time we achieved promotion we finished 4th in our first season back in the top flight I think these concerns need to be voiced and aired now before it's too late.

No one has mentioned it to my knowledge...not Phil Hay or LUST nor the Official Supporter Club.

5. Jammy 07

UEFA have separated the rule into 2 parts to give themselves the opportunity to treat each case on it's merits. Therefore there is no definitive amount of shares an owner would know that he has to offload.

1) Over 50.1% in 2 clubs then definitely not allowed in same competition.

2) Over 50.1% and an unspecified but judged by UEFA to be a ' decisive influence ' in a second club then also not allowed. Or you could have 49% or less in 2 clubs so therefore no overall control of either but still considered a ' decisive influence " on both and again only one club would be allowed in the competition.

6. Jammy 07

As I'm not on twitter could someone who is (elland ?) tweet Phil Hay and try to get a view/response please.

Truly believe this needs to be out there for debate before it's too late.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  7. lifecheshirewhite

Lots of ways around it, can just use a subsidiary, maybe it's just an issue to you that's why no one else is interested.

8. Jammy 07

Yep you're right Chesh...funny how people only see the pound (dollar) signs and don't give a hoot about anything else.

9. lifecheshirewhite

Worry about it when it becomes an issue is my moto, without some investment, we look like we may be going back to a crap manager and selling our best players every season.French football is low status, unless they win the champions league, no one cares, they will always play in a crap league, bit like Celtic in Scotland, the country dictates they can never be a world power.

10. floyd9t8

floyd9t8 Member

Is Radrizani about to sell our soul ?

I damn well hope so, or at least part of it for a tidy sum.

11. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

I see 2 flaws in this,<ok>
    sensible debate with chesh now that's funny <laugh>
    geting him away from mens bottoms haha more chance of Leeds winning todays playoff final <whistle>

12. lifecheshirewhite

He's gets a bit grumpy when his visits to the transvestite bar get brought up. Not sure why, maybe he got drunk and had a nasty experience in there.;)

MIGHTY likes this.
  13. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Tough season ahead for you guys you dont do capitals very well and you have 3 extra ones next season <whistle>

14. lifecheshirewhite

Are you having maths problems, Fulham and Charlton, that's 2 up North. As long as they all give us the 4 easy point's like millwall did, we will be happy. <ok>

MIGHTY likes this.
  15. Norwayleedsforever

Norwayleedsforever Well-Known Member

So everyone wants to become PSG's feeder club?

Jammy 07 likes this.
  16. lifecheshirewhite

It's a step up from Norwich and Bournemouth.Don't think they would want too many of ours TBH.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  17. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Firstly, good to see you back on here Jammy, <laugh> the s*** needed a bit of a mixing.

As you'll have seen elsewhere, I'm not in favour of taking any dodgy regime's money, and would rather do it the hard way and still be Leeds - if that means us staying in the Championship longer, so be it.

Our identity is more important than faceless success to me, but I know many will take it at any price.

Wasn't aware of the dual ownership rules. It'll be interesting to see what comes out next few days. <ok>

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  18. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

do you have a geog problem Cardiff is a capital <whistle>

lifecheshirewhite likes this.
  19. lifecheshirewhite

Capital of the Sheep shaggers <yikes> bad enough having them in our league, no don't accept any taff capital.

MIGHTY likes this.
  20. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Evening Jammy and good to see you back. How have you been keeping. Hope you’re keeping my seat warm for next season. Do I take it your main worry is we won’t be able to compete in same uefa competition as PSG If so that’s a long way off no matter what they pump in. We got a taste of what success could be like this season and I want more. Bigger squad needed to compete for a whole season and it won’t be cheap building that