1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is Mancini the right man to take you forward?

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Hugh Briss, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

Hello Blues,

Just wondering your thoughts on the job Roberto Mancini is doing for Manchester City just now.

It looks like the Premier League Title is slipping away and the performances during your Champions League campaign hardly inspired!.

With 'The Special One' looking increasingly available from the summer, do you think your owners will be looking for a manager who can genuinely challenge Manchester United & Sir Alex Ferguson in the long term?

<cheers>

2. magicbus

magicbus Member

If their is a change of manager for them they will struggle to ship out players to make way for new signings as too many of them are on massive salaries that other clubs simply cant afford to pay.

3. chelsea - over 100 years of history

They don't need new players. Swap Fergie and Mancini and the league would look entirely different. City need a motivator. I just hope they keep Mancini so as to narrow the competition for Jose!

4. One of the lads

One of the lads Well-Known Member

Mancini's done a bang average job. Given the amount of money he's spent he shouldn't be scraping title wins on goal difference or failing to get out of the CL group stages. I reckon every other manager in the PL would probably be confident that they would have achieved at least the same as Mancini has during his time at City (which will be over in the summer).

5. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

6. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

Just spending money has never been a guarantee of success but i would agree given the same circumstances i would expect say big fat sam to have done at least as well.Mancinis biggest problem has been he cannot motivate his players to put the hard yards in against the sides who will press you back given the opportunity and has to rely on teams parking the bus where City find it a lot easier to play their own game.Tactically hes been found out time and again but enjoys the luxury of employers who arent the knee jerk type but his stock must be the lowest its ever been in their eyes.
    You could say finishing second isnt the end of the world but that merely clouds the picture as the season has been a disaster really

7. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

Knocking Manchester United off their perch (albeit for one season) is Mancini's greatest achievment thus far...

What I don't understand, is how they can fail so badly in the Champions League?
    Was it tactics? Lack of effort from the players?

I didn't watch City's CL games so can't really give an opinion - this being the Man City board, I thought there might be a few on here who did!

8. powermac

powermac Member

Just 1 goal difference title , and nothing to show for next year . Not good enough for the Richest Premiere League Owner .