1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is it possible we should have kept hold of Hargreaves?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by joseshivers, Sep 22, 2011.

1. joseshivers

joseshivers Member

I know three seasons out injured is a real test of patience, and in all honesty until yesterday did anyone really believe he could get back any kind of form? I know he has only played just over half a match for City, but from what I hear he played well. While I wouldn't call Fergies decision hasty maybe a pay per play deal like other Owens would have made sense.

2. merrysupersteve

merrysupersteve Active Member

The issue he had was clearly a mental one by the end. If he was still at United, he still wouldn't be fit to play. Best shot of him.

3. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Difficult decision to let the guy go but he barely ever featured and besides we have some good young midfielders at the club and who knows who SAF may decide (if at all) to buy next summer.

4. HendyMMA

HendyMMA Active Member

Get rid, turncoat anyway :emoticon-0149-no:.... only got two decent goals against Chelsea in Moscow and Arsenal freekick...

5. Gazautd

Gazautd Active Member

6 minutes in 3 years...smh..he's City's problem now.Good luck to him though!

6. BiggerEggo

BiggerEggo Member

i think we should have kept him and sold carrick the crab/crap. hargreaves plays better in a wheelchair than carrick does in the form of his life. at the very least, carrick leaving wouldve freed up a place for a kid from our reserves (any and all of whom have more talent than that sack of ****).
    /rant.

but yeah, we shouldve kept hargreaves. or at the very least not let him walk into the team of our nearest rivals. tevez first,now hargreaves. this shouldnt become a regular thing,its sickening to watch.

7. HendyMMA

HendyMMA Active Member

Carrick isnt that bad, protects the back four and United hardly leak goals with him playing and still has a decent pass...

8. BiggerEggo

BiggerEggo Member

9. HendyMMA

HendyMMA Active Member

10. Gazautd

Gazautd Active Member

He didn't walk..he limped..Besides we got Giggs of them <ok><laugh>

11. The_Post_That_Made_Terry_Cry

This whole ordeal has left a bitter taste in most of our mouths because we all knew what a player Hargreaves was, and now the fact that hes at our noisy neighbours and looking as if he will get back to what he was just makes you want to punch stuff in the face!!

12. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

He had to go, he shouldnt of gone to City but dont blame Hargreaves. Man City really do think they have got one over on us by signing Hargreaves so lets allow them this great achievement for a few seconds before we return to pitying them.

13. red rags

red rags Member

90% chance he'll get injured soon, as always. Like the player he CAN be, but what an ugly mess for us these past years. Glas he's at City and not here, more money they can burn.

14. GARETH

GARETH New Member

fergie was right to let him go as whats been said before it had become more of a mental problem and although he did offer to play for free to prove his fitness i think fergie had already made other plans that hargreaves wasnt part of and the time was right for him to make a fresh start elsewhere. i honestly think its only a matter of time before hes down again with yet another setback. the young players we now have comeing through would have meant he would have struggled to get a game now anyway as i dont think he will ever be anywhere near the player he was when we signed him.

15. GARETH

GARETH New Member