1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is it not ridiculous ...

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by EspaniaCelt, Jun 23, 2012.

1. EspaniaCelt

EspaniaCelt Well-Known Member

2. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

These ****s are the worst liars in history.

The story isn't even out for a couple of hours and Mark Daly makes **** of them.

BBC Scotland has said it stands by the claims made in its programme.

In a letter seen by the BBC from Roger Isaacs to Duff and Phelps following a meeting between the two parties, Mr Isaacs states: "At the meeting you made various representations and offered to send me further documents to support them.

"I have now had a chance to consider these and you should please be aware that I have not been persuaded that Duff and Phelps had no knowledge of the Ticketus deal to fund the purchase of the bank debt."

Mr Isaacs adds: "My view remains, on the basis of the information I have, that Duff and Phelps appear not to have been able to fulfil the necessary requirements of independence to allow them to act as administrators"

3. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Day 1 of Administration.

"Duff n' Phelps....were they not the ****s who set this deal up with Whyte in the first place and marched triumphantly alongside him as they made their way to the bigot-dome"

YES

....Is this worthy of further investigation?

Nah....it's prolly rite.

4. EspaniaCelt

David Whitehouse - have you ever seen the equal of such an unconvincing (nay, untrustworthy) character?

5. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Nothing will change even if they are found to have a conflict of interest, they have been paid handsomely for their shoddy work but any fine imposed for wrongdoing will vanish into thin air, it will not end up in Rangers pocket because they don't exist and it probably will not go into the creditors pot either. A bit of a waste of time.

6. EspaniaCelt

Wouldn't exactly agree that it's "a waste of time" as, if they are guilty of a conflict of interest, it is right that they are brought to task for it. It remains to be seen what retribution they would face. I take your point, however, that any fine imposed, while hopefully hitting them hard in the pocket, is unlikely to benefit creditors which would actually be the fairest outcome.

7. Super hooper

Super hooper New Member

Dev what you say is correct, but it doesn't get away from the fact that the administrators acted unprofessionally and in the interest of
    the now Olsco at all times instead of the creditors which should have been their remit. The ongoing fiddling needs to be shown clearly and
    of course some of us new that from an early stage. Even now those who should now better want Newco to resume in the SPL in August.
    Everything and every way that have cheated and got people to cheat for them must be highlighted, there is no point in us moaning in five
    years time.

8. DevAdvocate

Waste of time is maybe a bit strong, that's why I said a bit of a waste of time, maybe that's not the way I meant it, of course an investigation is required but I feel it will end up a minor distraction in the grand scheme of things. There are major bombshells lying undetonated all along the path The Rangers still face.

More skeletons will tumble out of the Blue room and down the marble staircase before this saga ends i'm betting.

9. EspaniaCelt

Yep, I think you're right - plenty more to come and doesn't the Administrators' situation just add to the whole farce of the Rangers debacle ... and shows them up at every turn for the disgraceful club that they and anyone connected with them, apart from any decent fans, have been.

10. Super hooper

Super hooper New Member

Espania the decent Rangers fans are very thin and scarce on the ground. They don't know who to support or what to do.
    They were about to climb on the dignity "Walter" train when he walked away too. It them damn EBTs have tarnished all the Rangers legends.
    Sure Sandy has to march on his own.

11. EspaniaCelt

Not for me to defend any decent Rangers' fans or speculate as to how many there are sh - they will know who they are and I'm sure are quite capable of speaking for themselves but I do empathize with them. Everyone connected with the running of their despicable club has let them down badly and the damage done to Scottish football's reputation can only begin to be repaired if the authorities and other clubs consign the Newco to the wilderness where they currently belong for at least a few years until they can show that they are worthy to compete alongside decent clubs.

12. Super hooper

Super hooper New Member

Whenever Rangers go to play their next League match in whatever league in whatever year it will be interesting to see how many of their fans
    will be there. I just wonder what songs will they try to sing.

13. EspaniaCelt

Rangers FC doesn't exist any more sh - or rather will legally cease to very shortly when liquidation is formalised. As you say, however, it will be interesting to see how many of their fans will transfer their allegiance to the new club playing in whatever league with whatever youngsters they can muster up to play for them.

14. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Well Hibs have just announced a no and ICT to do the same tomorrow. By my maths that makes 5, so it definitely won't be the SPL.

If they hang around till the vote, Sevco will have even less time to sort a team out to apply to play in the 3rd division. If the new club can't get a team out for the third division a lot of supporters who are used to going to Ibrox just won't go any more. The habit is broken. In a years time if they can get a team in then it will take a hell of a lot of work to get guys who have been doing something else for a year to get involved with a club they have no attachment to (other than they play on the same turf as the club they used togo and see.

15. anportmorbhoy

anportmorbhoy Well-Known Member

Who's the five Rebs? The only confirmed no's I know of are hearts Dundee united and now hibs? I appreciate it seems like Aberdeen and Motherwell will now be no's but as not yet official the farce must go on

16. DevAdvocate

Add St Johnstone to the list of "Nae Chance".

17. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

I was getting ahead of myself with the confirmed votes but thus far only kilmarnock have backed Sevco. Johnstone may well have ****ed his own club. He well and truly missed the zeitgeist on this one.

18. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

I thought he was putting the vote to the fan's club? I know he would love to vote Yes but I think the feedback from fans has been so overwhelmingly negative to his stance that he's backed down.

19. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Even better then<ok>

20. SuperStuKFC

SuperStuKFC Member

You may want to change that Killie Vote - at no point have they said they would back Rangers into SPL what they said was it would be financially hard should tv revenues reduce considerably. Full comments available on the Killie website.

However you may want to note this part of the website http://www.kilmarnockfc.co.uk/artic...ders-and-season-ticket-holders-_85961_2819600

Killie season ticket holders going to get a say in what way the club votes.