1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Is being top not good enough any more

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by nolhman123, Jan 31, 2011.

1. nolhman123

nolhman123 New Member

We have no reason to spend any cash this season with our only rivals Arsenal not spending to. Chelsea are distant past and have just signed a out of form striker to replace a old out of form striker. Combined together they have scored less league goals than Berbatov. The striking department clearly is not the issue here because if Rooney does regather his form we will be in a very good position but the question is, is he finished now or can he still return back to his best? Our midfield needs a bit of spark and a bit of life but in this transfer window, where can you get it?

The state of the club will be discovered in the summer

In the summer the likes of VDS, NEVILLE will be retiring and players like Owen and Hargo will be released and Scholes could retire but I have a feeling he will sign a new deal. Gibson is all another likely departure same going to PIG who has said his time is up especially with us looking for another keeper. Carrick is another player who could be sold but I am not to sure on this one. Obertan who has far from impressed looks another likely departure

So a new goal keeper is a MUST
    2 new central mid fielders- one which is world class
    A new Winger is likely possibly Sanchez
    Welbeck-Cleverly are likely to return

If there is no signings in the summer or at least one major signing then the alarm bells will be going off

Do you agree?

I personally can see a clear out

2. Who's Kissing Cameras Now?

yes i agree, also i think we need another Right Back, to cover for Da Silva. And Maybe only one central midfielder, to partner anderson and carrick, Flecher and Gibson in for back up.

3. bruceandpally

bruceandpally New Member

There's defiently going to be a lot of players leaving OT in the summer, i don't think Owen will leave however, neither will Scholes, Carrick or Obertan. We don't need a creative midfielder, i don't understand why our own supporters can't see that it's a world class holding player that we really need, we've been outdone on the counter far to often this season and the creativity in our side comes from Nani, Rooney, Berbatov and Anderson is the driving force from midfield that causes problems for other teams.

People are seeing City, Chelsea and Real madrid spending heaps of cash and get scared that we're falling behind everyone else, when the reality is we're quite away ahead, just because we don't win 5,6 or 7-0 every other week doesn't mean we havn't played well at times this season, i think the reaction to our form has been completely over blown, people need to get a grip and look at the position we're in this season, top of the league, champions league knockout stages and the last 16 of the FA Cup, oh what a terrible season we're having we should and spend 35 million on a player who's really only worth 15 or 50 million on a 26 year old who's an injury prone tart <ok>

4. nolhman123

nolhman123 New Member

bruce I agree but we do need a new midfielder and a goal keeper. Those 2 are the main aims but we are in THIS season so we should support and focus on present

5. Sam Axe

Sam Axe Active Member

All of those players will not leave in the summer as Alex Ferguson would never make so many changes and disrupt the balance of the team. I can see 1 or 2 departures and 1 or 2 signings at most. United need a world class holding midfielder and a goalkeeper and that it. But I agree with Alex Ferguson when he says there is no value in the transfer market and I cant see that changing in the summer. If Ferguson does sign anyone it will be someone young and relatively cheap like Hernandez last year. There will be no big name signings

6. Four2Three1©

Four2Three1© Active Member

fergie will buy when we NEED to buy. Simple as..

the man knows best.

7. Sam Axe

Sam Axe Active Member

exactly when you have a manager who has brought so much success just trust his judgement. He knows his players better than anyone

8. TheStrettyEnd

TheStrettyEnd Member

Certain Departures.

Hargreaves
    Neville.
    Vds

Hopefully will leave

Obertan
    Gibson - Big emphasis on this guy, he is so bleeding out of his depth its embarassing and cannot be relied on even as a back up.

Potential to leave
    * Scholes - Had to be talked out of retirement last year, will the same happen again? Its uncertain, if he does stay he has got to be no more than on the bench.
    * Carrick, depends really, if we can get someone better in then go for it, he has been better this year but even in good form is still more than replaceable. If he stays its not really much of a problem either.
    Brown - Strange one really, has lost a lot of form in the last 24 months and has at times looked dodgy to say the least. We will see.

Definately staying - Anderson, Young, brilliant, should be playing every game and just signed a new long term deal.

Defence is fine, Attack is fine.

On a side a natural left wingeris imperative. Nani ahs been awsome for the last 14 or so months and this season infact quite amazing on the right. He is nowhere near as good on the left and you get aboutt the playe, the other day was a prime example against southhamptonr. Valencia for as good as he is, isnt on the same leve as nani in terms of calibre of player, so I think he has gotta be a sub from now on or give him games when nani needs resting. Nani has won us so many points this year, he is simply undroppable from the right wing. Unless of course we play Valencia where he plays for equador in the centre, but correct me if I am wrong but I think for them he is a DM, which would be a waste fo his talents. With his stamina, pace, ability and work rate and the fact he constantly he helps out the defence but is really good in attack he could a be a great box to box player, but I am just spit balling atm.

9. nolhman123

nolhman123 New Member

Stretty one is for certain, if we want to win the league this season. Rooney and Fletcher have got to raise their game and the return of Valencia could be key. Im a bit uncertain about wayne. He is not my fav player but he did have good talents but have they been soaked dry or is this 10 month bad form temporary or permanent.