1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ins and outs of Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

With everything up in the air as usual, it seems strange that I keep reading about players we are 'signing' or chasing for new year. As far as I am aware, we don't know who the manager will be yet. There are a couple of things that are factual, which I think we should try regarding our loanees.
    1. Bring back Kenedy. He is killing them for Newcastle and has PSG, Bayern and Arsenal sniffing around.
    2. Bring back Loftus Cheek. He is a thousand times better than Drinkwater or Barkley already.I do believe Bakayoko will get much better next season, but he'd better !!
    3. Bring back Michy. No brainer
    4. Have a very close look at Van Ginkle.
    Question is, will any of them want to come back? Kenedy would be loopy not to go to Bayern or PSG and Michy will probably want away as well, he had a bellyfull of Chelsea treatment. The other 2 might be pleased at a proper chance at the Bridge.
    Back to guesswork, I think we are looking at 2 or 3 more years hanging around 5th or 6th spot in the PL, as RA has caused a massive drop in our quality and player mood. We will have real trouble bringing in top talent, have run out of Managers who are good enough, and real trouble keeping what little top talent we have. Hope I'm wrong ,but I it will take a seismic shift in personnel and attitude to correct everything during the summer break.
    Thoughts.

2. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

Grim but can't argue with your reasoning only old mentality blind faith makes me think (hope) it's not that bad .No **** it we're gonna win the league next year

3. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Out Tony goes.
    Everything will be alright.
    We can easily challenge for 4th spot with current squad and common sense.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  4. The Ginger Marks

We need to adapt our method of play as we have been royally found out with this current personel. We don't have a Drogba or a Costa so why keep playing to that? The defence needs a complete overhaul and the midfield needs new players.

BobbyD likes this.
  5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I would bring all of those back, sell Morata, fabregas, Bakayoko and Drinkwater.

Who do we think our manager is going to be?
    It sure as **** wont be Conte

6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Probably too early to say without knowing who the manager is going to be or the system/s we are going to play.

But it goes without saying that the new manager should have a very good look at a lot of the loanees and youth players and try to adopt a bit more of a mid to long term plan with them. It would be an absolute crime if none of these various youth fa cup winning players over the recent years did not get into the first team squad proper. I'd certainly hope Ampadu, Musunda and Hudson Odoi get a shot.

But looking at the success of others, generally, we probably need more pace in attack and more control in central midfield.

With the right set up and Kante shielding, we probably have a good enough pool of players for Defence. Though right wing back remains an issue for me. If we reverted back to a 4 and had Dave at right back, that may mean we have enough though with Dave, Rudiger, Christensen or Luiz and Alonso as the main 4.

Chelsea Pensioner likes this.
  7. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Baka, Drinky, Alvaro all deserve a fair chance. Will keep them.

Common sense is to dump Cescy, Alonso & Thibo.

8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I bet you struggle to find anyone else on here who would advocate selling Alonso.

9. chelsea - over 100 years of history

and then who would you blame when we lose a game.....<laugh>

Gareth1808 and StanDMan like this.
  10. The Ginger Marks

Don’t worry he has many more players on his hate list.

11. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

A grim but realistic assessment from CP which amounts a total of indictment of our wasteful youth policy over the years; it never ceases to me why the board can’t understand that by loaning our brightest talents increases the likelihood of them going “native” considerably - it appears that a change in attitude to boom n bust seems unlikely.

12. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Are you saying Kenedy is worse than Alonso going forward? Ofcourse Alonso is useless when it comes to defending.

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Kenedy looks a decent prospect but still hugely unproven and is he even really a left back? He's more of a wide attacking player really.

But even if Kenedy gets a chance with us next year in a left back role, is that a reason to just 'dump' Alonso who has been our main left back for 2 years and has been very good, still young etc. It's still a squad game.

I think you can make a case for Fabregas moving on and maybe Courtois if we got silly money for him, but Alonso? No.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  14. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Personally from what I've seen of him, Emerson should get more game time. He has blistering pace, which we lack big time.

StanDMan likes this.
  15. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

I would play myself over Alonso as left sided Defender.

16. Chelsea Pensioner

Sorry, can you repeat that?

17. The Ginger Marks

6CDB0AC1-0EFF-43E2-8A3D-C6D47FCF06F6.gif

18. Chelsea Pensioner

S
    Sorry can you repeat that?

19. Chelsea Pensioner

We also have the option of Zouma , but will Luiz be there? I hope so, he would have made a big difference this year. Ampadu and Hudson Odoi are ready for regular games, Musonda needs a bit more time and Rogers expects big things at Celtic next season. There are at least 4 others you could include, Van Ginkle for instance is doing really well.
    Midfield is dire unless Bakayoko comes good. We need a brute in there to grab games by the throat.
    Most of all we need a 1 up front striker, or a change in tactics to bring Michy or Morata into the game. Michy scores for fun in the right system,Morata was a different player for Juve.
    We can do this if we find the right football people and rid us of the cronies and the past it and dud players.
    Won't be easy, won't be quick, but unless RA changes, won't be happening.

20. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

I have been harping about Rudiger being worse than Zouma.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2018