1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Injury update 2022/2023

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

If he has, the club need to jettison him straight away. Zero tolerence

Zanjinho and Jimmy Squarefoot like this.
  2. moreinjuredthanowen

gvien its the perfect exuse to break his contract and save 60k a week in wages.....

but i doubt its true. you never hide that **** for long.

Bumps likes this.
  3. LuisDiazgamechanger

Bumps likes this.
  4. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

I hope it’s a back injury - over the drugs thing
    So disheartening when pros turn to drugs :(

5. LuisDiazgamechanger

Joel Matip injury latest

Jürgen Klopp is confident Joel Matip will be in contention for Liverpool to face Chelsea at Anfield this Saturday.

The centre-back missed the Reds’ victory over Southampton at the weekend due to a knock sustained last week and remained on Merseyside as his teammates departed for Seville on Monday.

However, Klopp revealed Matip is making good progress in his recovery and is confident of being able to call upon his services against the Blues.

He told Liverpoolfc.com on board the team flight to Spain: "The squad looks good. They are pretty much all here from the normal squad, apart from Joel. He is in Liverpool and full training, so all good.

"He is good. I think there will be a big chance he will be ready for Saturday, but there was no chance for this game - it was a little bit too quick, but it’s all good."
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/281711-joel-matip-injury-latest

6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Rather TAA at RB, play Gomez alongside Matip instead

7. LuisDiazgamechanger

Emre Can and Dejan Lovren injury latest

• hinted he is set to restore the duo to the starting line-up at Stoke, though insisted any such changes shouldn’t be read as a desire to ‘rest’ players – more utilising the depth of his squad.

“I think that makes most sense,” said Klopp. “We don’t ‘rest’, we use other players. That indicates there’s a rest for another player, but that is especially not the reason for this game.

“For the last one, maybe we thought against Chelsea maybe he needs a rest or whatever – [but] it was that we needed fresh legs against Chelsea and that’s what we wanted to have. I thought it worked quite well.

“It was a very important sign for the squad and from my side that I show the faith in all of the boys. It was very important for me that the boys showed me they are 100 per cent ready, so that was good – really good. Probably we will make one or two changes from the last game to the next game, then maybe not for the next game - we will see how we deal with that.

“It all depends on the impression I can get during the games and during the session, then we make decisi
    • http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/282443-emre-can-and-dejan-lovren-injury-latest

8. LuisDiazgamechanger

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  9. moreinjuredthanowen

given time. I'm a fan to TAA give him 18 months and he will be england RB IMO. walker be damned.

10. LuisDiazgamechanger

Philippe Coutinho and Mohamed Salah injury latest

Philippe Coutinho and Mohamed Salah are doubts for Liverpool's FA Cup tie with Everton on Friday after missing the Premier League win at Burnley.

The attacking pair were absent from the matchday squad at Turf Moor, where the Reds claimed a dramatic 2-1 victory in stoppage-time to secure a third successive win.

And their respective minor thigh and groin injuries will need assessment ahead of the Merseyside derby, with both ‘at least a doubt’ as it stands.

“Phil are Mo are injured, not massively but enough for today [to be] no chance. And [they are] a doubt, at least a doubt, for Everton,” said Jürgen Klopp.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/285973-philippe-coutinho-and-mohamed-salah-injury-latest

11. LuisDiazgamechanger

LFC fitness latest: Salah, Van Dijk, Lovren and Klavan

Jürgen Klopp is hopeful Mohamed Salah and Ragnar Klavan will return to training today following illness, but Liverpool will need to check on the condition of Dejan Lovren.

The trio missed Thursday’s double session at Melwood due to sickness, though Virgil van Dijk was involved once again after missing Sunday’s victory over Manchester City due to a hamstring complaint.

Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “Virgil was back yesterday and completely fine. We have a few problems with players feeling ill or unwell.

“Raggy was out, but hopefully back today. Dejan was out. Mo Salah was out, but hopefully back today.

“Mo and Raggy are on the good side of it already, but with Dejan we are not 100 per cent sure [if he will be back today].”

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/fir...tness-latest-salah-van-dijk-lovren-and-klavan

Klopp on when Henderson and Moreno are set to return

Jürgen Klopp expects Liverpool to be able to call upon the services of Jordan Henderson and Alberto Moreno for next week’s FA Cup tie with West Bromwich Albion.

The duo have returned to training at Melwood following injury, but are unlikely to come into contention for Monday’s Premier League encounter with Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium.

Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: “Hendo will today have a clearing session. He was part of training yesterday morning and today is clearing, then he should be OK from tomorrow onwards.

“It is close, but maybe close and not enough time for Swansea – but [after that] Hendo is back and that’s good news.

“Alberto is back in training a few days longer and we have to see. Because it is Alberto, he trains all the time and feels it still a little bit – in one or two movements you can see.

“We will not put any rush on him, but he will be back for sure after Swansea as well – or even maybe Swansea, I’m not sure.”

Meanwhile, Klopp confirmed Nathaniel Clyne continues to make good progress in his rehabilitation from the back problem that has kept him out of all of 2017-18 so far.

He added: “Clyney is doing well but still a little way to go until he is back in completely normal training. He is doing well, really good.”

www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/287874-klopp-on-when-henderson-and-moreno-are-set-to-return

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  12. LuisDiazgamechanger

Adam Lallana will miss Liverpool's FA Cup clash with West Bromwich Albion this weekend due to a muscle injury.

At his pre-match press conference on Friday, Jürgen Klopp revealed that the midfielder had suffered a ‘little tear’ and is unavailable for the fourth-round tie at Anfield.

“Adam Lallana, unfortunately, again has a little issue that I’m pretty sure keeps him out of the next game,” the manager told reporters.

“It’s not a big one. It’s how it is when you have a long injury, and Adam had a long injury. A few things come. It needs time to adapt again to the intensity of a Premier League game.

“We tried to be careful with that but obviously so far it didn’t work really well.”
    http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/288608-klopp-reveals-adam-lallana-injury

13. LuisDiazgamechanger

SERGIO AGUERO is one of several Manchester City stars in line for a return to action against Manchester United at the Etihad on Saturday (5.30pm).

Sergio Aguero also back to face Liverpool on the return leg of the champion League April 10.

14. LuisDiazgamechanger

Klopp injury update: Firmino, Klavan, Clyne and Emre

Jürgen Klopp has confirmed that Ragnar Klavan and Nathaniel Clyne are ruled out of Liverpool's meeting with Bournemouth on Saturday due to injury.

But the German expects Roberto Firmino to be available after the striker felt discomfort in his neck earlier in the week.

Firmino, Klavan and Clyne all featured as the Reds earned a 2-1 away win over Manchester City on Tuesday to secure passage to the semi-finals of the Champions League.

However, the latter pair will be unable to take part this weekend when the Cherries visit Anfield in the Premier League.

Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com: "It's quite difficult at the moment, we must wait pretty much [every] five minutes for some news. At the moment it looks OK.

"Unfortunately, I think, not 100 per cent sure, that Raggy felt a little bit [something] muscle-wise. And Clyney [is], probably, out. [He felt an injury] in training the day after the game.

"Bobby had a little [issue] with his neck but should be OK, I think."

Klopp also provided an update on Emre Can's fitness, with the midfielder having been out of action since a 5-0 win over Watford last month due to a back issue.

Asked if there was fresh news on his compatriot, the boss replied: "Not really.

"We have contact with him, of course, it feels good, but it will take still a little bit of time."
    www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/297784-liverpool-fc-injury-firmino-can-klavan-clyne

15. LuisDiazgamechanger

Chamberlain Update
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain reckons his return from injury will be a “long process.”

The midfielder was finding his best form for Liverpool before his season-ending injury against Roma in the Champions League semi-final first leg and provided an update on his condition to the FA’s YouTube channel.

“Yeah it’s alright,” the 24-year-old said.

“Saw the surgeon just now. He’s happy with everything so we’re moving in the right direction.

“It’s just going to be a long process, a boring one but that’s life.”

16. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Dodgy hamstring, stained groin and my outer hip as decided to be a **** today too, all in the same the too so probably over compensating for the hamstring.

17. moreinjuredthanowen

hi daniel

18. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

WTF? My name is Gary, Gary Lineker!

19. moreinjuredthanowen

lineker only had a toe injury.

20. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I know I did ffs