1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Info needed on Brighton's success.

Discussion in 'Brighton' started by SeagullLuigi, Apr 10, 2011.

1. SeagullLuigi

SeagullLuigi New Member

As an expat and an ardent fan of Brighton for over 30 yrs, I am surprised at the fanatstic season Brighton are having given the struggles of the past seasons, and promotion is around the corner. We can't get any videos or any detailed information on the team here from the BBC, so what has changed Brighton so much to get them in a position where they are now? I look forward to the championship and it will be tougher than the present league.

2. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

I think it is defiantly down to Gus Poyet.

3. Smithy

Smithy New Member

Poyet has made a huge difference. He has completely changed the way we play. We play a very patient game based on possession football. Credit must go the players also who have been fantastic. A manager can only do so much.

Our squad is one of the best in the league despite what fans of other sides say. Greer, Calderon, Painter, Bridcutt, Bennett, Noone, Murray etc. All very good players.

It will be tougher next year but we will have a very good budget and if we keep hold of Poyet ( I think he will be in charge for the first year at The Amex), I can see us being at least mid-table.

By the way, there are no other Brighton fans on this site so if you want to get the opinions of more Albion fans, visit the main fans forum North Stand Chat.

http://www.northstandchat.com/forum.php

4. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Gus Poyet is the man, Will be hard to keep him as I can see some Premiership clubs coming after him.

5. SeagullLuigi

SeagullLuigi New Member

Thanks for the tip (www.northstandchat.com/forum.php).
    I agree. I will be difficult to keep him. Having said that, it is easier to have success with a team from a lower division than in the premiership. I believe Gus will stay one season more, but that may depend on how Brighton fair in the Champinship. If they do well then Gus could make it two seasons more.