1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Indictment of the times we live in

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Matthew Bound Still Lurks, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

2. NorfolkSwan

NorfolkSwan Well-Known Member

Really is sad as it kind of feels like the racists/ trolls have won.

still I think we could all do with boycotting most of the social media anyway.

3. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

I see no difference between what the players are having to deal with, and the constant abuse of Cooper on this forum. All very distasteful.

clingo likes this.
  4. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

It must be just me but I wouldn't get upset by some random twat(s) posting abuse - they're just random strangers. Do people take them that seriously? Anyone with genuinely racist views (for instance) I believe is sub intelligent and I tend to laugh at them anyway. Just block, it's online, it's not real life. The social media platforms should be instantly shutting down idiots as well.

Kids are a different matter and it will upset them more but all their online activity should be monitored to minimise exposure (ideally).

Then again, if you're constantly on social media (I'm not), then you probably do care what everyone says and it will affect you to a greater extent. A lot of people on Instagram etc crave attention and affirmation, living their lives online, judging the quality of their existence by the number of "likes" and vacuous "followers" they have.

It appears to me that the human race is getting worse at telling the difference between reality and inconsequential superficiality. Just deal with it and stop whining. There is a massive deficiency in "common sense" these days.

5. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

There's a vast difference of abusing someone because of their ethnicity as opposed to someone posting about the lack of ability in carrying out their job, and imo Cooper is not very good at this particular job and not because he's white, pink or black.

6. LIBERTARIAN

Abuse is abuse. Don't you understand that ? You need educating if you really CANNOT see the difference.

7. LIBERTARIAN

Too much whingeing by grown ups. Keep off social media, and problem solved.

The REAL racial abuse takes place away from the UK.

daimungeezer likes this.
  8. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Do you think you're the one to educate me ? I think not . I've told you before just because you have 12 signatures doesn't make you anymore intelligent than the next poster, in fact in shows a distinct lack of security in your own worth.
    I understand the difference of someone being abused or discriminated against purely because of the colour of their skin.
    A football forum such as this is where an exchange of opinions and views are exchanged , sometimes questioning the ability of a manager or player and is no where near the sort of abuse a coloured footballer receives directly from an online troll ,it appears you're the one thats needs educating on the differences between abuse and an opinion

9. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Itll be hard to stop them reading what they want as thier usually glued to thier smart phones ?

10. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Birmingham and now Rangers are doing the same thing. I wonder how many more clubs will join this boycott.

11. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Hopefully more but they need to be serious about it not because its " fashionable" .

12. LIBERTARIAN

You just don't get it. So no more to be said , by me, anyway.

13. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Some people have lost their jobs for using the term "coloured"...........

This is where we are - context and innocence seem irrelevant.

14. TheRealBubbles

TheRealBubbles Well-Known Member

Glad I missed the pissing contest. @LIBERTARIAN seems to suffer from lastworditis too. Bellends the lot of you. It’s a fukin forum to have a laugh and talk bollox. I should know, I do both. Racial abuse is not tolerated in any form. Coops is fair game. Fin.

15. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

16. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Morgan Whittaker has become the fourth Swansea City player to be racially abused on social media this season.

The abuse aimed at the 20-year-old forward came on the weekend when many leading sports clubs and players joined a boycott of social media over the issue of online abuse.

Swansea have reported the "vile" abuse to South Wales Police (SWP).

Whittaker's team-mates Yan Dhanda, Ben Cabango and Jamal Lowe have also received racist abuse this season.

In a statement, Swansea said: "Swansea City is saddened, angry and appalled by vile racist abuse received by Morgan Whittaker via social media following Saturday's game against Derby County.

"The abuse in question has been reported to South Wales Police and the club is assisting them in their investigation.

"The fact that this has happened across a period where clubs, players and stakeholders have come together for a boycott of social media for this very reason, again shows just how much work still needs to be done.

"Morgan is sadly the fourth Swansea City player to suffer such abhorrent and disgraceful abuse online since February - a damning indictment on the world we live in.

17. LIBERTARIAN

Abuse is abuse, you " bellend ".