1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Incoming

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Jul 31, 2018.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

A thread for the feast of new signings over the next week and a bit.

First up Janoi Donacien

please log in to view this image

2. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Hopefully he can prove to be a good addition, first impressions are that he looks like a solid squad option.

I also see that Tilt has handed in a transfer request to force through his move at Ipswich. Apparently Blackpool having been “moving the goalposts” and not agreeing a set deal. If we can get him through too, I’ll be more reassured for the start of the season. We’ve also been linked with Nsiala, which I’m guessing is the next choice if Tilt doesn’t go through. Nsiala is a player that Hurst knows well, but again I’d view him more as a squad option than a strong first choice defender at this level.

Waghorn looks off and the chap Kayden Jackson from Accrington Stanley should be coming in. He had a good season last year and looks hungry to prove himself at this level. I’m presuming Hurst would then want a second striker in and a left winger to also come through before the window closes. Maybe the left winger will be the typical Premier League loanee to come through, once the PL clubs transfer business is over? I think we’ve got enough depth in central midfield to see us through until January, when players like Bishop and Adeyemi might be replaced if their injury and fitness issues continues.

3. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Welcome to Town JD,not going to attempt pronouncing his name!

4. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Can play two positions, Accrington WON the division last time out, good age, 6'0, not a bad fee - no issue here from me.

Clearly not all of these lower league signings are going to work - however worked in Webster's case.

Like with Webster, lets not get on his back if he makes a few errors early on. Two divisions is a big jump, signed late, bound to make the odd silly early mistake but they will be cut out.

Good work.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  5. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

We've had a bid declined for Toto Nsiala and Jon Nolan. They've both handed in transfer requests, so that makes three targets (including Tilt) in the past 24 hours handing in requests to join us. Crazy times.