1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic I'm a Celeb (Ha'way Jill lass)

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Oliver's Army, Nov 6, 2022.

1. C19RK73

C19RK73 Red & White army!

Could not have put it better

Makemstine Roger and Snaggey like this.
  2. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

I just wouldn't watch it much as I wouldn't watch people baking scones or sewing some bits of cloth together. Imagine having a night out watching people cook or eat flies ... if that came on at the welfare they'd be bottled off <laugh>

I want to be entertained by people better than me who can do things I can't ...

... all of these shows are just popularity contests dressed up as competition tbh.

3. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Watching it solely so I can vote for that **** Hancock to do EVERY trial

Jill Scott has ****ing balls of steel by the way. My new hero

Smug in Boots likes this.
  4. Nipper

Nipper Well-Known Member

Babatunde laughing at the VIP’s but bottled his first trial <laugh> He’s going to be prime target until Hancock arrives.

5. TopCat_

Never heard of half of them

Nipper and farnboromackem like this.
  6. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Me neither, 'celebrity' seems to be used for any sportsman, politician, blogger, etc, who's known in some way, it doesn't mean they're celebrities ...

... anyway, my last post, I'll leave the thread to people who enjoy it.

farnboromackem and TopCat_ like this.
  7. makemdan

makemdan Well-Known Member

was out voted and had to watch this or be branded as a spoiler. Unusually, I chose the former and though I hate to admit it I kinda enjoyed it. It is very contrived though and rather stupid so I will revert to my original position as spoiler for future episodes

TopCat_ and Smug in Boots like this.
  8. Comfy

Comfy Well-Known Member

I was consigned to the bedroom for this and for strictly on Saturday, worked out good though as it’s a lot warmer lying on the bed than in our front room with 1 small rad to try to warm it

9. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Apparently he’s being paid £400,000
    Can’t understand why he wants to do it.<doh>

10. TopCat_

Ant and Dec are annoying faux Jordees but i had to laugh at the whole "NOB" thing

Smug in Boots and SAFCDRUM like this.

11. TopCat_

I think he sees his future away from politics and in TV. Maybe he wants to be the new Kilroy

12. The Exile II

The Exile II Well-Known Member

Aye. Never show weakness early on or you're dead. The ones who show a bit of gumption tend to sail through unbothered.

Tonight's trial will be interesting.

Nipper likes this.
  13. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

I'm going to give it a watch this year now its back in jungle and got local lass to support. Think she'll do well. Ant & Dec a pair of c***s but some of their stuff in between the footage makes me laugh.

14. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

cannot stand the little jordy feckers any other time and never been a follower of reality television but there is just something about this programme that i love, i honestly think it is simply watching these very rich (usually) people without all the make up and followers, just sitting there looking at another plate of rice and beans knowing they may well have to eat a plate of grubs or drink some revolting liquid to try and get a meal.

so far out of that normal comfort zone, one of the best was helen flanagan, that lass could not grasp 'reality' if it tw@tted her in the face...some of them actually surprise me by how well they cope...but then you get a 'joey essex' who is totally clueless and gets shown to be think as pigs muck.

clockstander likes this.
  15. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Never watched it, never will, Life is to short to waste on "personalities and their wares". I like scones though. <laugh>

16. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Likewise, its on par with Strictly Dancing...(nothing against dancing my wife and i went for years, but strictly is beyond the pale)

farnboromackem and clockstander like this.
  17. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Never watched that either, but I did love watching Come Dancing on a Sunday night back in the day, when Donny and Gaynor were the nearest you got to "stars".

18. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

I think in recent years they’ve realised that to win you have to be nice and be the one always there to help others - so now they go over the top with it making it all too nicey nicey

Makemstine Roger and samwise_new like this.
  19. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

We used to watch 'Come Dancing' too, when it was a proper dancing competition . . . . before it became 'Americanised' and awash with American stupidity :emoticon-0148-yes:

samwise_new, clockstander and TopCat_ like this.
  20. samwise_new

samwise_new Well-Known Member

is that not true of almost all television now?

the 'americanised influence' is everywhere, i mean, seasons now instead of series and the copy-cat programmes to try to grab some fans from other stations rather than coming up with something original, the insane screeching in these reality shows (my bro in law watches them all and i have the pleasure of being able to hear them) and they dont even have to do anything, just the start/end/return from an ad break seems to ignite them...wait until our sports games start to have regular breaks so we can 'have a word from our sponsors'.

also true, 'big brother' was something new and strangely weird watching peoples lives 24/7 (i actually know people that set the video and recorded it while they slept just in case they missed something) and the first 3 or 4 were ok, then you got the same type of people who really tried not to be themselves but attempted to behave the way they thought would get them kept in...one good thing about 'jungle' is watching those faces slide further down the bone structure as the days go by.