1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I'll have to retire...

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by HP Sauce, May 28, 2013.

1. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

....my "Bobby's Back" t-shirt.

Kinda sad to see him go, but relieved at the same time. Even though I've watched them week in week out under his management I still don't know exaactly how I feel about him. The FA Cup, the blitz at the end of the 11/12 season, the development of players like McCarthy and McArthur, the defeats of all the top clubs in England - plus the fact that he's just such a damned nice chap, whenever I've met him - mean that I'm really sad. But the week after week of frightened tikka takka, the mad goals conceded by defenders passing themselves into corners, the loony purchases (Bosselli? Gohouri? Gomez??) - and I don't feel bad at all.

Glad to see that both Graeme Jones and Rene Meulensteen are favourites. I would have either. Jones would have been top of my list anyway.

2. morgan

morgan Member

Yeah he seemed to do everything right but you still ended up fighting for your lives each year, maybe funding/backing problems or maybe some fresh blood in your club will see you coming back stronger than ever. Hopefully all the prem money has been put to good use to help your comeback.

3. 2010 tops dog

2010 tops dog Well-Known Member

Who do you want to replace him ???
    Any body linked ???
    Look at Swansea they replaced two or three top mangers rm being one and look at them now