1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If You Thought FLS Was Bad...

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by The Billionth QPR Fan, Aug 9, 2015.

1. The Billionth QPR Fan

The Billionth QPR Fan Well-Known Member

...Check out the ****e on Channel 5! Their running order was bizarre, their analysis were terrible, there was ads every 10 mins, the studio audience was a shocking idea, and their tables were some spinning thing made of cardboard! Far too much drivel and not enough football highlights. At least I got to watch the Health Lottery draw in between the highlights though...

EscapeGoat and RoyalOakRanger like this.
  2. Swords Hoopster.

Swords Hoopster. Well-Known Member

I haven't got it. Sounds like I ain't missing much

3. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

That was the biggest pile of **** I've ever seen,awful presenting and just a random running order.The crowd that was in the studio didn't even look like football fans,just some weird mutants that had wandered in off the street,bizarre.I don't think i'll tuning in too often!

RoyalOakRanger likes this.
  4. sku

sku Well-Known Member

The interview with Martin Allen made me chuckle.

I spoke to him as we filed out of the 2-3 defeat to Liverpool last year and his tone and body language was exactly the same.

Even down to clasping his hands behind his back and stooping.

That was the highlight! Say no more. <laugh>

5. RoyalOakRanger

RoyalOakRanger Active Member

It was the worst football show ever......by a million miles!

The music was bad
    The set was bad
    The presenters were poor (the woman was dressed like she was a waitress you see in those upmarket coffee shops in Germany)
    The format was bad - they kept jumping from one league to another. The show started with Sheff Wed and finished with us, with all the other crap in the middle.
    The studio audience looked awkward - they were all standing up and trying to look interested. Bit like Top Gear and the floor manager kept shifting them about.
    There were four blokes standing behind a sort of desk- they looked like they were in the dock. Their function was to hold up bits of card that showed the odds on Hull and Middlesbrough going up.
    The league tables were bits of card circa 1965. The camera never had the full table in view. She told us who was top then we had a separate shot to show us who was bottom. Not that it matters on the first day, but if you wanted to see where your team were, forget it if they wee between 5th and 15th.
    They brought Martin Allen on from one side of the set and then marched him over to the other side of the set to run through the Barnet game on the screen, 'where we going?' said Martin en route !

This was truly a football disaster...the only saving grace was Adam Virgo, who was clearly the only guy on the show who had rehearsed. I felt sorry for him. At the close the other presenter thanked Martin Allen but forgot Adam who was standing right next to him.

Oh and the closing credits include not just goals but also highlights of the presenters themselves during the show!

On the positive side thus could be good for clubs, because faced with relying on this garbage on a Saturday night it looks like I will have to start attending more games.

6. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

And the good news is Channel 5 will be bidding for Test Match Cricket and Formula One in future...:grin:

7. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I didn't expect this to be up to much but it really was incredibly bad. However I think they're trying to appeal to people who don't know much about the Football League. Not that you'd have any more interest after watching that.

- Awful, awful presenting
    - Pointless interviews
    - When did Martin Allen become obese?
    - Why are those mugs in the background standing up? Why are they there at all?
    - Why let it overlap with MOTD?
    - Showing ****ing league tables after one game and then analysing them. "Wow look at MK Dons top of the league".

All anyone wants is as many highlights and as few adverts as possible. No Twitter, no polls, no cliche-filled interviews. It's Saturday night. People want a takeaway and to watch some sport before a mediocre **** if they're lucky.

elnino37 likes this.
  8. devonqprboy

devonqprboy Well-Known Member

Yes it was cheap and tacky. Didn't see the point of the studio audience although I did see a QPR fan with a Guinness shirt on. The tables reminded me of the league ladders kits you used to have when I was growing up in the early 80s.

Too much in-filling with drivel. An ex-player no one apart from the team he played for as a guest plus Martin Allen, we now know where all the left over Pukka Pies at Barnet end up!

If you do miss it at 9 and 10 on 5+1 it is shown again on Spike at 11:40 after MOTD if you have gone out for the evening.

9. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

Never mind, I hear they're hiring Steve Claridge for next weeks programme...

(No, it was truly awful, wasn't it).

10. devonqprboy

devonqprboy Well-Known Member

It is also repeated 1005 on Sunday mornings.

I wonder if they have the same production team as was on The Premiership. Now that was truly awful.

11. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

I have just started to watch it on 'catch up'. Had someone not already made a post about it, I would have. With less than a minute in, I knew it was SHYTE. Studio audience, WRONG, female lead presenter, WRONG, ex player pundit , WHO THE PHUCK WAS HE? A poor rip off of Soccer AM. In future I'll just fast forward to the Rs match and cut out the drivel!!

CRAP!!!!

12. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

You all beat me to it. That was absolutely dire, no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

13. QPR-in-NZ

QPR-in-NZ Active Member

watching now and will stop because it is as bad as what's been said.

14. Supergod00

Supergod00 Active Member

I've put it on because I'm intrigued, it can't possibly be as bad as you are all saying..... Oh wait, yes it is! What a steaming pile of poo!!!

15. surreyhoop

surreyhoop Well-Known Member

It was poor, except for this lady in the back with the white top :)

Attached Files:

16. Busy Being Headhunted

Busy Being Headhunted Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

17. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

Good spot Surrey, I take back everything I said, it's a fantastic show!!

18. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I assume that it's safe to say I didn't miss much then

19. GoldhawkRoad

GoldhawkRoad Well-Known Member

I've recorded it...and I'm really looking forward to seeing the lady with the white top

20. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Steve Claridge. All is forgiven!!
    Only way is to record and fast forward to our tuppence worth.
    We should mail in to complain. It might make a difference.