1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

If I had 5p for every correct prediction, I'd have 5p...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by overseasTOON, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. overseasTOON

overseasTOON Active Member

Date created: Oct 1st 2010

Date banned by BBC 606: Oct 1st 2010 – About 5 minutes old.

Its existence has often been pilloried by a city located further north and the expenditure to build it and maintain it is now leaving a bitter taste in the mouth for many residents of Sunderland.

Local councilor Niall Quinn stated ‘It’s been a great success if we’re honest and it’s been a beacon of light in the darkest times so I can’t see why some residents are complaining about it. I guess last year it was surplus to requirements but let’s all be honest here; it’s not as if time is static. It was a great addition to local life in years gone by and it may be called upon to do so again. It enhanced the city and relieved the gloom. So what if it’s not entirely useful at the moment.”

Acting Regional Director of the Local Environment Steve Bruce added “I can guarantee that people will once again look at it in the usual way after a few more years. It was built to last and provide a quality of life that many would never have thought possible. So it’s not really in use at the moment but that’ll change.”

Local resident Sgt Patterson complained though. “Its not needed now like. Things have changed. We’re better now and we don’t need it anymore. It’s bright now; really bright.”

It seems that local residents are now divided on the need for the National Glass Centre to reflect light into the once perpetual shadow that is cast upon them from the great city of Newcastle to the North.

The last word went to Mr. Bruce in the debate. “Trust me. Give me another year before you judge me on this.”

2. The Secret Ingredient

The Secret Ingredient Well-Known Member

blast from the past and still very relevant today ahh and sgt pattershite whatever happened to that muppet used to love how he'd change name hoping no one would suss him only to spout the same ****e

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.