1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I'd take Dyche at Arsenal - Ian Wright

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Oct 3, 2017.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

winifred122 and ToledoTrumpton like this.
  2. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Yeah and we could also get Big Sam out of retirement and make him the director of football, plus get Sherwood in as Dyche's assistant, these are 'proper football men' so we would be in very safe hands.

StanDMan likes this.
  3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I don't get the mentality that because some English managers have got passion and shout a lot, it somehow makes them capable of winning things at a big club. In my opinion it would be ****ing suicide taking somebody like Shaun Dyche on at Arsenal. What the **** is Wright thinking ?

ToledoTrumpton likes this.
  4. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Dyche strike me as the sort of manager who's good at instilling discipline and organising a team to get the best out of them. Read an interesting remark on Anchelotti that he's the sort of manager you bring in to a club after the players have become disillusioned with an authoritarian boss and I think Arsene is similar.

Maybe, and it's probably just me being generous here, Wright wants to see us have someone at the club who will be a bit harsher on our players. I don't for one second want Dyche managing us but he's done well with limited resources at Burnley.

Or, I dunno, Wright is smoking crack or something.

5. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

I see it like this too. I think it is more the type of manager he is talking about. One to energize the place and get into the squad to roll their sleeves up. Maybe Dyche is not the man. For me, Pochettino is the one.

6. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

I know where Wright is coming from but getting someone like him would be a step backwards. However I think we need more discipline at times instead of always being understanding.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

What do you mean ?

8. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

I mean that the management seem to always be nice to the players even when they underperform or show a drop in form as a team.

9. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

This is why we will be lumbered with Ozil. He is too soft to last long under a firmer boss.

10. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Ok firstly we are not lumbered with Ozil - he's one of our best players. We just don't use him correctly or have the squad to get the most out of him. Add a player like Matic/Kante/Carvalho to our side and play Ozil in the AMF/No.10 position and we could get the most out of him.

He worked well with Mourinho - and rumours mills are claiming he wants to play for him again.