1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic ICC World Cup Final

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Aussie blackcat85, Mar 28, 2015.

?

Who will win the ICC World Cup Final?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2015.
  1. New Zealand

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Australia

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  1. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

Couldn't ask for a better final, a mouth watering clash with the best bowlers of the tournament and some powerhouse batting to be on display. Not to mention some of the wolrlds best fielders.. Throw in 100,000 fans at the superb MCG and we have ourselves a World Cup final worthy of being one of the best. Dangermen for the kiwis Mccullum is their biggest threat.. He changes games within 2 overs and isn't scared of who he faces, dale steyn got slaughtered off him.. He's an attacking captain with his fielding as is Clarke as they both invite the batsman in to encourage the big shots.. Trent boult and Mitchell starc the leading wicket takers have been superb, their has been a lack of Yorkers at this WC I feel but Starc has been the master so far, Anderson and Vettorri need to get it going with the ball and the bat I feel, the Aussies bat deep, so I expect them to have to chip in a few extra runs.. Maxwell can be explosive on his day and if he's in the mood like Mccullum then look out their will be runs flowing... When these two teams played in Eden park in the group stage it was the kiwis who were all over them with a small target to chase, they got home just by the skin of their teeth but the MCG pitch won't be offering as much variety to the bowlers sadly.. I believe the runs wil be flowing. Looking forward to a quality final <ale>

C19RK73 likes this.
  2. farnboromackem

farnboromackem Well-Known Member

Tough one to call mate but I'm going Australia, both teams seem to have strength throughout the team but Australia just stronger, Mitchell Johnson and Starc are on fire. Hope its a classic

3. Aussie blackcat85

Aussie blackcat85 Well-Known Member

It's got classic written all over it mate, two very, very smart captains and both quality attacking sides! If Mccullum smacks the ball around like we smack the mags around then it's game on!!!

farnboromackem likes this.
  4. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hard to bet against the Aussies isn't it!

It's going to be a cracker!

farnboromackem likes this.
  5. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

The organisers were worried over here about slow ticket sales as the canny Kiwis were not convinced by their team's all round abilites to beat the bigger boys but they deserve to be in this one.

6. John Cardew

John Cardew Well-Known Member

Don't see it the way most are, think it will be a striaght forward victory for Australia.