1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I Wish....

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Littlelegs, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Littlelegs

Littlelegs Active Member

I wish we would not keep being linked to all these ageing players....

No disrespect to any of the players that have been banded around as coming our way, the likes of Dunn, Defoe, Crouch etc (the list goes on and on). We already have plenty of experience in our squad, from front to back and I have concerns that in a division which is more physically demanding, harder tackles and more games we will come unstuck sometime near Christmas.

Like I said we have experience, I would like to see us bringing in a few young players who will stay injury free for a whole season, have some pace and something to prove. This will give them time to 'gel' (sorry to use that word) as a proper team and be ready for our return to the premiership.

Maybe look at the 1st division for players and start to develop some talent, no huge transfer fees or exorbitant wages. If TF's four year plan is going to work, it wont happen bringing in older players on a one or two year deal. There is no sustainability.

It would save all these wholesale changes we keep going through every summer and January.

We may not get back to the Premiership at the first time of asking but the following year when we do get there, we will not be one of these Yo-yo teams.

2. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Agree. Room for 1 or 2 but only if some of our ageing 'stars' go through the exit door. Really hope we sign some up and coming players that are anxious to prove themselves.

3. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

You can't win anything with kids.

4. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I agree with the OP. We are going totally the wrong way if all these rumours are true. It will mean that we will do the same as Hughes last summer, and most on here seem to be be applauding it. I am losing all faith in everything QPR, seems like the Club and many supporters want us playing hoofball in the Conference.

5. Littlelegs

Littlelegs Active Member

I agree, you need a decent mix of both, however we only seem to be looking at older players...

Look at Townsend last season, young, fit and something to prove.

6. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

We are linked with everybody with a pension book at the moment ... but one by one they go somewhere else. Long may it continue.