1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I think he is trying to tell us something..

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by MrRAWhite, Oct 20, 2018.

1. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

That face makes Moyes' look cheery.

They are ****e but not as ****e as he's making them look.

Gil T Azell likes this.
  3. master-simpson

master-simpson Well-Known Member

4. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Unfortunately.

5. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

It’s funny how the fans all think he’s amazing and he’s got them winless so far. Surely as a manager he’s got to take responsibility. He hasn’t at any point. The fans blame the owner for everything and he keeps hiding behind it and is bulletproof. At least we could see **** management regardless of ownership

Gil T Azell likes this.
  6. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah it's a clear case of a big reputation blinding people to the truth, he's just not a very good manager. Ok he did well at Valencia but a lot of poor managers have one success story, Moyes at Everton for example.

He just needs to let them attack, it's what the fans want, the players would prefer it no doubt and once they get a win or two confidence levels will rise and they'll get a few more. If they carry on like this they'll end the season with 6 points. I don't know if he's got the balls for it though.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  7. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

What was his record at Newcastle before they got relegated last time about the same as now I reckon, they are going through the same as us. Man u might have a £4billion takeover ! where are these buyers for the north east ? we could be getting 60,000 each home game, playing Barcelona in the champions league etc, or well back to reality.

8. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

I hope not, it will give me great pleasure reminding them of all the crap metered out on their warm glow thread. i can only wish the worst for them, bunch of ****s

9. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

I think he is a good manager, when managing good, well run teams, with cash on the hip.

flandersmackem likes this.
  10. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

I actually feel for the guy... He is a decent manager, his record proves that. If he left Newcastle, he wouldn't have to wait log to get a job. The ownership at the Mags is caustic at best, NO manager would stand a chance with Fat Mike at the helm

11. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Somebodys pinched my sombrero Well-Known Member

Load of bollocks. Plenty are questioning him, his buys, tactics and substitutions. But that doesn't suit your agenda, does it?

12. E.T. Fairfax

I think Newcastle are suffering from having a difficult fixture list. Hard games to start with, by the time they get them out of the way, the winnable games almost become 'must win games'. Which makes them harder as the pressure is on. Sunderland suffered from it for a canny few seasons a short while back. If they get a sneaky win I'll expect them to kick on.

13. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

I don't have an agenda on this, but I wouldn't mind raising a few points if that's OK?

I thought the fan base was "all in" on the "if Rafa goes we go" campaign - kinda saying that he is the man

Then there's all of the protesting against Mike Ashley - saying that he is the problem.

I know it is impossible to get a unanimous opinion from a large fan base, but I haven't heard much in the way of questioning Rafa's ability

14. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

You're more than welcome raising your points mate <ok>

The "If Rafa goes we go" campaign doesn't speak for all our fan base, and certainly not my opinion. I was here long before him or Ashley and I'll be going a lot longer after they've both gone hopefully.

Rafas got his hands tied with the amount of money he's allowed to spend, but most of his buys have been well below par. His tactics and substitutions are also being questioned by a lot of fans. And preferring Joselu to Mitro beggars belief!

Without doubt Ashley is a major cause of our current downfall, but Rafa is partly to blame imo. I'm still in the Rafa camp for the time being, but we can't go on much longer without something giving.

marcusblackcat and jdsafc like this.
  15. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

He's got a decent record and a horrible chairman. I don't actually think they're that bad, but there's plenty who think they'll go down. Time will tell. In the meantime, I shall continue to look for a **** to give...

16. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I’m just going off what I saw from people I know on Twitter and fb somb. I’ve seen very few which question him among my friends. Obviously a small minority of your lot but no agenda. There may be plenty but I have seen very few. We both have idiots supporting our clubs who are blinkered into arriving blame. Or are you saying there are none of them at Newcastle and you’re all realistic and sensible??

17. Paperback Ruiter

Paperback Ruiter Well-Known Member

They won't go down nor are they in any real trouble yet. Which is going to make the shop shouting and other cringy stunts look even more pathetic when they do kick on and finish between 8-15th.

18. E.T. Fairfax

I would say its about 33% all Ashleys fault, not Rafas fault, 33% all Ashleys fault but currently doubt Rafa and 33% blame Ashley and Rafa to the extent of wanting a change of manager. Oh, and 1% bring back King Kev!

Burly Hurley likes this.
  19. E.T. Fairfax

What? Newcastle are not going down, they are actually going UPSIDEDOWN?

20. Somebodys pinched my sombrero

Aye we've got our share of idiots, like all clubs. The vociferous ones are the one who voice their opinions publicly. I go on a bus most home and away games and my honest opinion is its split, probably 70% pro Rafa at the moment, but the longer it goes on, the less backing he'll have.
    Ashley is a dreadful owner, but a lot of folk are questioning a lot of Rafas decisions. He's got the backing of quite a large majority for the time being but it won't last forever. Saying that, he's trying to do his job with his hands tied most of the time.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    MrRAWhite likes this.