1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I still don't get it......

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Caldicot Cider Red, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Caldicot Cider Red

Caldicot Cider Red Well-Known Member

.....there are still City fans about the place who "don't do the JPT" or "can't be arsed for the tin pot trophy games" and a million other reasons so won't be at the game on Thursday.
    FFS people we are Bristol City...NOT Man U or Chelsea.......how else do you see us getting to Wembley (other than the pray offs) for a day out with OUR team?
    Tin pot trophy or not, its MY team only 90 minutes away from the hallowed turf so I will be there with the wife in tow shouting the boys along.
    Just get down the Gate and get on with it......rant over! ;)

2. cidered abroad

cidered abroad Well-Known Member

One can lead the horse (some fans) to water (Wembley) but one cannot force them to drink (support their team)

Caldicot Cider Red likes this.
  3. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Been harping on about this now for days, but once it's over tomorrow they will all be there clambering for their tickets for the little tin pot trophy game.
    Read that some wanted PNE as they will take more of a following than Walsall yet they had more at their ground last night than we will get tomorrow.

4. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Gotta say i cannot believe this game is not a sellout tomorrow.
    How else do you expect us in our current state to get to wembley.
    Most clubs can only dream of wembley.
    You wait and see when we have 45000 tickets and they are gone.
    And so called city fans still looking for tickets.
    Very poor indeed

Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  5. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

To be honest it is a tin pot trophy and promotion has to be the priority however I will be there tomorrow and at Wembley :)

6. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

It wont be anything like a sell out I'm afraid

A combination of weather, the expense, the fact it's on TV, and that we're 4-2 up from the away leg will see to that. I'd be amazed if we get more than 5,000

7. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

I love the idea of a Wembley day out, although my track record there is not good, I saw England beat Hungary in 1996, but lost to Stoke in 2000 and of course Hull in 2008. I even went to conference play off final cheering Exeter that day, and they lost 1-0 to Morcambe.

I do remember 2003 final at Cardiff, (was there and we won!) but felt that it might have cost us promotion. We have games in hand on most teams and now 5 home games in February which include a Tuesday-Saturday-Tuesday all at home. A bit of bad weather could see a fixture pile up and that wouldn't be good.

So far so good and I have full faith in SC and what he is doing-All is good but I don't want to lose that momentum.

8. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

Well time to be amazed, because it looks like a good 9-10k will be there tonight.

9. EnderMB

EnderMB Well-Known Member

People are always going to save face. Two years ago, fans were taking the piss out of Bristol Rovers because they were in the "Tin Pot Cup". You can't expect all of them to suddenly be really happy for their day out in Wembley for a trophy that until recently was beneath the club.

Personally, I'd rather we played fringe players in the JPT, and fully focused on gaining promotion. That being said, I'm really happy to see that we're still in the cup.

10. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

You are only allowed to make 5 changes - I expect to see Wade, Tavernier and maybe Agard starting tonight

11. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Priority for me

FA cup (tradition)
    JPT (chance of winning)
    Then League cup

The JPT may be null and void when you haven't got a chance but when you are 90 minutes away from wembley and you've got a good chance of winning then it is not!