1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I hope no one here was sad enough to complain

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Jan 7, 2015.

1. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Rita Ora’s boobs spark outrage among The One Show viewers as almost 400 complain to BBC
    please log in to view this image

Caroline Westbrook for Metro.co.uk
    Wednesday 7 Jan 2015 12:04 pm

Did you forget part of your outfit, Rita? (Picture: BBC)
    Rita Ora certainly attracted attention when she appeared on The One Show to promote the new series of The Voice – but for all the wrong reasons.
    While the singer was keen to talk about her role on the BBC One talent show alongside fellow coaches Will.i.am, Tom Jones and Ricky Wilson on Monday night, it was her ultra low-cut white jacket which turned viewers’ heads.
    So much so, in fact, that 399 of them have now complained to the BBC about her ‘inappropriate’ attire, which showed off rather more of her assets than they would have liked to see on prime time TV.
    ‘Isn’t it about the time BBC had a dress code?’ one irate viewer asked on the Points Of View website.
    ‘I do not want to see her boobs hanging out on a family programme. I find it quite disgraceful.’
    Another added: ‘I am no prude but found it totally inappropriate’.

The singer’s low-cut outfit had many viewers up in arms (Picture: BBC)
    However not everybody was quite so outraged – with one commenting they had ‘seen more on a cold beach in Bournemouth in April’ and another viewer asking: ‘This isn’t 1950 is it?’
    The BBC, meanwhile, said: ‘The One Show allows guests to choose their own attire and pop stars often opt for something glamorous or striking.
    ‘We didn’t feel that Rita’s outfit would be outside of most viewers’ expectations of that of a major pop star, but we appreciate that tastes vary.’
    The question is – just how will she follow it up on The Voice itself? All will be revealed – so to speak – when the show returns to screens on on BBC One This Saturday at 7pm.

UTRs likes this.
  2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

forgot to add off topic

UTRs likes this.
  3. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

I did, she had a jacket on

Uber_Hoop, UTRs and kiwiqpr like this.
  4. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Lol, I always say that if I end up like the sort of person who bothers to write in to complain on the BBC's points of view then your life is finished and pointless.

These sort of people are just miserable by default and most likely have led a sad and pointless life.

That's my opinion!

Wherever and kiwiqpr like this.
  5. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Lol, I like Ricky Wilson's smug grin in the top picture as he most likely keeps getting a cheeky glimpse.

Wherever and kiwiqpr like this.
  6. CroydonCaptainJack

CroydonCaptainJack Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of cleavage but think anything that shows as much as that is a step too far. However I would never complain as I need a lot, lot more examples to make sure my thinking is correct.

7. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

If it's a family show, then what families would be watching? Presumably ones that like programs such as the Voice. If so, I assume all the guests on the Voice wear duffel coats and so do the judges. I assume these families' kids don't have posters of these pop stars on their wall (but I'm sure they all dress appropriately anyway). I assume these people also complain at the investigative journalism features they do because they can be a bit bleak for family audiences - oh sorry, they're real world items that children should be exposed to as opposed to anything that highlights (albeit inadvertently) that sex is being sold to kids on a daily basis and that kids aspire and feel to conform to this image too.

Probably got more complaints than the casual swearing before 9pm does.

Probably got complaints from the people that think breast feeding in public is OK.

It's a stupid world full of stupid people who like to prove how stupid they are on a regular basis by making ineffective, stupid complaints to the BBC about the stupid world that they've allowed to evolve in front of their own stupid eyes.

kiwiqpr, UTRs and CroydonCaptainJack like this.
  8. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Fair play, I guess my rant was aimed at the people who you see complaining on shows like points of view only. They often look like someone who has never had any fun in their lifes, lol. It's just me.

I guess at 7pm the cleavage on show is a point of view that should not be on display at that time of day. Mind you I cant imagine many kids wanting to sit and watch that crud anyway!

EDIT: When I say crud I mean The One Show, not the Bristol City's...

kiwiqpr likes this.
  9. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Sorry one more from me on this subject or these subjects..

Kiwi you sly dog, I see what you have done, the penny has dropped, you have indirectly started a thread so we can debate breasts. I have been duped and reeled in!

I'm out of here, our new mod Beth may be in a your fired mood, I hope not...

kiwiqpr and Wherever like this.
  10. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

No worries UTR's no problem with anything on this thread except for the inept complain culture from people (ie 399) that let the root cause of their grievance pass them by.

UTRs likes this.

11. igor60

igor60 Well-Known Member

I did forget that im married for a moment.......

kiwiqpr likes this.
  12. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

kiwiqpr likes this.
  13. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

I am overcome by the whole experience ............

kiwiqpr likes this.
  14. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Wherever likes this.
  15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

should just about get away with it utrs
    not broken the no nipple rule

Wherever and UTRs like this.
  16. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Ricky.jpg
    If anyone is sad enough to complain at my amateur and very infantile looking attempt at a thought bubble caption then fair play.
    Lol, hats of to you Master kiwi, your one step ahead of the game mate!

Uber_Hoop and Wherever like this.
  17. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member