1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I don't think Moyes will be our manager next season...

Discussion in 'Everton' started by shogs, Feb 15, 2013.

1. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Just listened to his presser ahead of the Oldham game and when asked the situation regarding his contract which is up in the summer he said he will see how we go in the league and the cup and then make a decision at the end of the season.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he say he'd sort out his contract after the January transfer window last year which was obviously him telling the board to get some players in (and they failed in an emphatic fashion). I think if we get 4th he will stay (and I don't think we will get 4th) whilst winning the FA Cup will only make him more likely to leave.

thoughts?

2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The January window yielded nothing in terms of ambition from our useless board.

He's therefore making them sweat until the summer & will no doubt given them another chance to show him that they can match his personal ambition.

Of course, he's also free to see what other options might come his way, & he may well take one of them. Our board are also able to tell him to sign or **** off. So it's far from an ideal scenario.

My gut feel is that he'll stay, but in football you can never be sure.

3. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

I hope he stays but I wouldn't be suprised If he left either.. In all fairness he would like to spend more than the half pot of piss we give him to see If he can fare well In that scenario so It's 50/50 for me tbh? It depends what Jobs come up aswell of course with Chelsea and Man C Manager posts looking more available as the weeks go by but Is he a big enough name for them?

4. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

I don't think he should be holding the club to random like this though. Just come out and say whether you're staying or going instead of stringing people along.

5. astro

astro Well-Known Member

I think his decision will be heavily influenced by what percentage of the Fellaini and Baines fees he is allowed to reinvest.

6. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

The Repwum returns lol

He'll probably **** off Astro tbh and I wouldn't be suprised If you lot came sniffing around...Before you scoff and laugh lol there's already talk on your board of Laudrup lol

One things for sure the Kopite vultures are starting to circle and I wouldn't be suprised If both our clubs have an ad In the Job centre seasons end...:huh:

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Baines is going nowhere.

I wonder who'll be at the pit spending the Surez cash come August?

8. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Won't he be 3 years into a 5 year deal? England's best/2nd best LB should be playing in the Champions League, and Everton will get the best price they can for him.

9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He's happy where he is & won't push for a move away. He won't be going anywhere this summer.

10. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

This. He has more class than that. I think he'll do really well wherever he goes to be honest. Maybe join Mikky at Arsenal?

11. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Fine, it's just with the contract, the form, the relationship with Man Utd and Evra getting on, it wouldn't surprise me. He seems like a good guy and not a mercenary but maybe he would be asked to move because it would bring in so much money for Everton?

12. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

We don't have a relationship with Manchester United though.

13. Moyes is a quality manager who deserves a shot at a top (of the league) club. However, he would still be inexperienced when it comes to title challenges etc so would need time, backing & support from the board too.

IMO he'd be stupid to go to Chelsea. They would chew him up and spit him out within a season! Least Man City have shown.they are willing to give the manager time.

Alternatively, I think he would be the perfect candidate to take over from Fergie but is he willing to wait around in the off chance he'd get the job?

14. If we were to change, I'd be over the moon with getting Moyes. Won't happen though.

15. I heard before that he is very much a family man and gets very home sick so won't move from the area? If true then it narrows the options down to three clubs:

Man City: unlikely considering LB is not a problem area for them.

Man Utd: I think this is the most likely but depends what happens with Evra who has refound his form.this season.

Liverpool: won't happen!

16. Do you really believe that? Gibson, Neville, Howard, Rooney, have a joint dislike for LFC... <doh>

17. shogs

shogs Well-Known Member

Just because we buy players from them doesn't mean there's a relationship. And we've only sold like 1 player to them in 20 years.

18. I'm counting that as a catch <ok>

:biggrin:

19. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

I can't see Moyes going to Chelsea or Man City to be honest.

He's an ok Manager but how many clubs would tolerate 10 years with no reward?

20. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Coming from a Geordie that's a piss take, given that it's 58 years since you last lifted a domestic pot.

As for Moyes, everything is relative & given where we where when he arrived & the budget he's had to work with, he's done a remarkable job.