1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

I don't mean to be rude...

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Doey, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Doey

Doey Member

As above, I don't mean to be rude but it's past 23:00 and people are still talking about football. I think it's really disrespectful so if everyone could stop starting new threads and commenting on others I would really appreciate it.

When 606 shut for the night I knew it was bed time. With not606 though it doesn't shut and it's causing some confusion and distress in my life.

It reminds me of a quote from Homer Simpson who once said: "Without TV, it's hard to know when one day ends and another begins." With slight adaptation I feel this applies here as well. So let this be your last warning.

2. Nottage Jack

Nottage Jack Member

Totally agree. Really irresponsible lol... Right that's it must have some self control. Night night all.

3. Doey

Doey Member

To be honest Nottage, the most shocking thing is that people would have the down right cheek to still be awake thinking about football.

You're all so selfish and to be honest it makes me upset.

4. crcjack

crcjack Member

Didnt he also say " No TV makes Homer crazy"?

Great that theres no time limit ( I think) As the beer ( or brandy in my case ) goes down, the more we speak.

God help us when the premiership starts.

5. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Nice thread, think that was 606s downfall amongst others, closing at 11pm treating you like kids, its a global website, if you are in the states it closes at 6pm or so, they should have had trusted users instead of employing people to do the job, thing is with forums, there is very little if any profit in it, unless its something like MSE that has a huge number people using it.

6. Soaring Swan

Soaring Swan Member

BBC 606 was a throwback to those heady days in the 1960s when the little white dot in the centre of the TV told us to go to bed. Everyone slept at the same time and woke at the same time, breeding a `drone; or `robot' mentality if you ask me.

The internet is global, which means there is no `time' really. With more interest in Swansea from overseas now we are in the Premiership its fitting that BBC has relinquished its nanny hold over us.

7. ShanghaiSwan

ShanghaiSwan New Member

That's so true. I'm in Bangkok and used to check 606 in the morning, but couldn't post until 3pm when it opened for the day. It led me to not bother in the end. It's no wonder that their visitors dropped so much. But I don't think the BBC is really the place for a football forum. Licence payers shouldn't be paying for football banter, wums, etc.

8. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

I quite liked the fact that I could post until 12pm over here! Haha. Now we´re all in the same boat...

9. Rhysj1

Rhysj1 Member

This site is rather good isn't it.
    I need to get off it!
    Also these points things makes it seems like a competition, and i need to have as many as possible! stop it!