1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Huws out for the Season!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Bigalreigned, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

He picked up a knee injury against Boro' which has needed surgery,bugger,just bugger!:angry:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Fooking typical...Evans get your chequebook out!!!!

3. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

A blow but hopefully we've got a few players who can step up. It might be an opportunity for Bishop to step up

Westlake33 and Nuggets like this.
  4. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Massive absence and an unfortunate microcosm of his season at Town. As itfcptc said, we do have cover and other options in midfield, but we don't have somebody of his creative ability, bar perhaps McGoldrick.

I may be opening myself up for a bit of stick here, but I personally don't see Bishop as somebody who can replicate Huws' talent and form. For me, Bishop has had one good spell (about half a season) during his time at the club. Other than that he's been inconsistent, goes missing in big games, and I don't think he has completed 90 minutes of football regularly. Maybe he is viewed with misty eyed nostalgia for his role in our play off campaign, but I believe he is one of the most overrated footballers at this club.

fieldmarshall likes this.
  5. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

That was my instinct when this happened - MAYBE, just MAYBE if the Bish can stay fit he has a chance to get back to 2014 / 15. How likely is that though? Hmmmm.

The only good news is the timing - it's not happened Feb 1 for instance. We now plain as day require a cam on the basis of -
    * Huws out for season
    * Dozza out for season
    * Bish made of glass
    * Hyam on our books however WHY is beyond me - shouldn't be and not going to count him.
    * Adeyemi made of glass.

That leaves .... surprisingly a few options still -

* Skuse + Connolly appear a certainty for the partnership and to be fair - why shouldn't they....
    * BRUUUUUU. I cannot see anyone matching his contract here - which is plain as day better than the average person would think considering our wage bill is 17mill. Some out of touch CRETIN on TWTD thought it's around £2000 - £4000 basic. It's obviously not. For a start, some league 2 clubs pay more than that. Also, if it was so little he would have 100% left in 2017........... Milne revealed when I met him the basics for ALL squad players are £9-12k. Plus bonuses. So Bru will SADLY be somewhere in that mark. I've got sidetracked as I often do - summary he's not good enough to help us gain what we're after, top 6 on a regular basis.
    * Ward...... CAN play CM ( in a three ) and an option worth having but regularly enough? No.
    * Downes / Nydam. They've been given opportunities this season and are clearly going to be hit and miss. Huws misfortune may present them with the opportunity to make a name / more game time.

Bizarrely given everything that's happened, we're still well stocked in this department. On the basis the 4-2-3-1 COULD happen with Garner back up top, Didsy/Celina/Waggy behind then perhaps Huws injury is manageable IF we keep the other 4 fit and maybe stick on this one system.

Otherwise, I think it's fair to say the loss of Huws is a rather big blow and Evans may need to do something in Jan. MAYBE a loan ?

6. Nuggets

7. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Not cynical just weary and realistic! <ok>

fieldmarshall and Nuggets like this.
  8. Nuggets

Yeah, that sounds more like it!

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  9. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

I think you've got that about right jonny, its just year after year of disappointment so in the end nothing surprises us any more, different year same old bollocks.

10. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Given the formation we've been playing and the fact that Huws actually replaced McG when he got injured, you'd expect McG to slot back into the side again.. The question will then be who replaces him when he inevitably gets injured again?

Good opportunity for Bish and Adayemi to be utilised in that role, perhaps even Celina if we had an alternative on the left..

Real shame though as once again we won't be seeing our best 'ball players' on the pitch at the same time.. Much like having Fraser, Bish & McG all injured at different stages of the 15/16 season

Westlake33 likes this.

11. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

The name of Adayemi gets thrown around quite often on here in the context of being a very good player who will solve all our midfield woes, but has anyone actually seen him play for a reasonable length of time to make an assessment of him?

12. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

We'd 100% have come top 6 minus that. Annoyed the hell into me.