1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Huw Jenkins Squad Overhaul

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Jager, May 16, 2017.

1. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

The guy is such an Idiot, that's the last thing the supporters want to hear, from the money grabbing nugget, is he going senile or what?........................<doh>

He's in for a bloody rude awakening, with that garbage he's putting out, the squad is simply not strong enough, and this season showed it was maxed out, I'm not saying we need 10 players, but we certainly need to offload at least 6 I can think of that are dead wood, and we certainly need some more power up front, not to mention the back line...............<ok>

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    Taffvalerowdy, London_Jack and 55282 like this.
  3. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

His words are music to the yanks.

4. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

5. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Jenkins is a ****ing plank. Everyone cn see that squad was and is not strong enough for next season with everyone strengthening. I feared we would copy Wigan and Sunderland, in that we slip closer and closer to relegation every season, spending less and less and filling peoples pockets whilst ruining the club. I just wish he was told to take his money and **** off and time to get someone in who knows football and knows what makes team.

6. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

In an ideal world Siggy and Llorente will stay, we ship abut 4 out and get 4 new signings. So that's not wholesale changes. If Siggy and Llorente go then that adds a new dimension.
    Looking at the article on maximising the asset that is Swansea City then looking at it from 200 mile's away then yes I agree a whole load more things can be done to leverage the brand and that is where we will probably see the US influence next season. But as the article says the priority must be the team and the transfer/re-signs this summer will be critical.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Joe Allen = 15 million
    Ben Davies =10 million
    Vorm= £4.million
    Sinclair=£6million
    Flores= £4 million
    Henendez = £5 million
    Graham= £4 million
    Bony= £27 million
    Shelvey =£13.million
    Ayew=£20.million
    Williams= 11 million

Siggy = ?
    Llorente =?

Where's the money gone ?

8. trundles left foot

I think that's what most of us wonder add to that the Sky millions and you have to wonder how full some peoples pockets are.

9. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Is there not a case for saying that the performance of the squad is only as good as the way it is coached. The second half of the season would suggest that the squad can perform because it was coached properly.

Clearly, if Sigurdsson and Llorente leave they have to be replaced like with like (or better if that's possible). Players like Britton, Rangel and Routledge are approaching the end of their careers and also need replacing, although you could argue this has already happened with the signings of Carroll, Naughton and Narsingh.

All teams will attempt to strengthen during the summer - they have to, to survive, but I'm not convinced that wholesale changes and a massive clearout is necessary.

seabreeze and DragonPhilljack like this.
  10. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

That money went mostly into the pockets of the Morgans and Jenkins,,,,Jenkins has finally popped his head above the pulpit to once again spew his misguided rubbish....If he thinks we dont need much changes in the squad then his apology in the press 6 months ago that he made a mistake and said sorry holds him in content and shows this man cant be trusted to be the chairman any longer.... Mr Jenkins you are a big obstacle in the future of our club and the biggest change Swansea City needs as you no longer have the backing from the majority in my view of the fans.....You have made millions for yourself over the years and i personally dont begrudge you that but it is time to step down now and employ a chairman that can see we are a premiership club with great potential and not a lower league club in waiting.
    My own view is that we have a good manager and his staff that can really take us forward but there is no way he can do that without major investment something we have been starved of for many seasons that has resulted in poor seasons time after time.....Clement has to be the person with his scouts to target players and actually put sensible bids for them.......It is now time for the fans to stand up and be counted and i would love Clem to stand up to the owners and Jenkins that if he is not allowed to do his job to the best of his ability then sadly he cant work for the club.......Jenkins you need to step down with dignity and the owners need to start listening.....

11. trundles left foot

I think we need to strengthen as all the sides in our league will and we can not afford to stand still and just replacing aging players is ok, but to be honest we need to strengthening so that we have competition all over the park. As I said on another thread after 6 years in the Pl our best 2 wide players are still Routledge and Dyer. We have to move on from this and from what I have seen of Narsingh he is still behind these players and no improvement. We stand still at our own risk, with Newcastle and Brighton coming up I don't see 2 sides there that I am convinced we will finish above. So if we want to stay in a relegation fight then stay where we are, if we want to hopefully be safe and comfy in mid table we need 5 or 6 players. Just my view on what I have seen this year.

For me we need another RB, CB, 2 wide players (if we plan on playing with width) 2 strikers (if llorente leaves) and to be honest I would like to bring in a combative central midfield player. There are a lot of players for me that will or should be on their way as well. So as long as we improve on what we get rid of it is a step forward.

12. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Laudrup was right when he said you have to spend to better the squad every year as you will eventually drop if you stand still ! Or words to that effect ?
    He was sacked by the **** house jinx by text soon after ?

Jinx must think he's untouchable he doesn't give a **** what the fans think as long as he's alright . So if clemo starts asking for a decent budget I fear for him lasting much longer here, cos only yes men that do as Thier told seem to have been used since sir ML until they through lack of experience or being allowed to bring in quality in every position building the strength in depth we have been sadly lacking for so long ! Finishes them !!

**** off out of our club !

13. Monty Fisto

Monty Fisto Well-Known Member

Stoke have had a pretty terrible end to the season. I wonder if Jenkins could tempt Joe Allen back.

14. trundles left foot

If he costs over £2.50 then no, but worse than that I would think Joe has no interest in Jenkins or us after last year.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  15. swantastic

Hope we get a bit more Spanish flavour back in our play this summer .

Stumpy and DragonPhilljack like this.
  16. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I am going to disagree with a lot of you on here. I don't think the squad was that bad . What saved us was a change of manager and coaching staff who new what the team needed in training and tactics. A bit of tweaking is needed with a long term replacement for Leon being the number one priority and we should spend the largest amount on such a player in the Summer. The first team squad is a bit light at right back and on the flanks and these positions need strengthening. Other than that , depending on who leaves of course, we are ok in other positions.

17. DragonPhilljack

^^^^^^^^^This is it in a nutshell, was going to post the same, but you nailed it Trunds, well done. Firstly how will we convince Siggy and Llorente to stay when Jinx comes out with this garbage of his? Guys starting to really piss me off big time.

We definitely need to bring in another quality Striker (Bony) secondly we have become slow on the wings, that needs addressing, thirdly RB position needs sorting, another quality RB to push Naughton, is a must, and as much as I love Rangel he's far too slow now. LB is sorted as I see it with Olsen and Kingsley, but we still have no midfield general, Joe Allen could have been a great acquisition here, but that was blown by Jinx's dithering.

As for players to offload, Here's my starting list:

Gomis
    Amat
    Tabanou
    Montero
    Barrow
    Ki
    Baston
    Birighitti
    van der Hoorn (Maybe)

If we don't demonstrate early in pre-season our intent to put right the issues in our squad, then I see our top players moving on, they won't want to have another season like the last two, 'Success breeds Success'. As for Jenkins someone should get in his face and blast him loudly that 'Failure breeds Failure'..........<ok>

18. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Greggs on your mind Phil ? <whistle>

19. swantastic

Quality Strength in depth still needs building, siggy and Llorentes agents could hold us to ransom knowing how much we need to keep hold of them ?
    I hope to god that Clement has and can use his contacts to build us up either way ! And we are going to need the yanks to put up now and not leave us sweat till the window almost closes and we get cheap crumbs or expensive has been in panic !!
    A full summer of decent buying that excites the fans and gives clemo time to mould them into a goal scoring and defending team is essential !

20. DragonPhilljack

<laugh> Dully corrected, man I'm in need of some new circuits upstairs!....<doh>

Just as I type, Have blown a Labour campaign in my area out of the water, wanted to count on my vote, given them such a broadside, the guy said I'm too well informed and couldn't counter any of the issues I raised, I said I hope that I will see the day when Labour and Torries are relegated to the dustbin of history, he couldn't answer any of the issues, but kept on repeating 'we are the lesser of the two evils'??? That to me says it all...........<laugh>