1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Humble pie time.....

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by winifred122, Sep 24, 2011.

1. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

At the time of the Shawcross/Ramsey incident, on the old 606, I described Stoke City as exponents of an "agricultural style of football". As you can imagine I received a few comments back. After watching tonights game against Manchester United, I have come to realise just how good a footballing side they really are.
    This really annoys me because I have to publicly admit it and because whilst Stoke under Pulis have blossomed, my 'beloved' Arsenal under Wenger have stagnated.
    I thought your football today at times made Manchester United look ordinary and if Crouch had done slightly better you would have got the victory you rightly deserved.
    It would be great for the premier league if Stoke can "get amongst them" and ruffle the rich feathers.
    Good luck for the season and especially the Europa league.
    That really hurt.

2. BYeee

BYeee Guest

A TRUE fan AND human being - thank you

3. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

My old mad has always said it takes a big man to admit when they are wrong. You have earned a lot of respect with this post mate thank you.

4. BYeee

BYeee Guest

Ricc - my old mad - who he??

And your son's name is??

I am at the mo raising a large Macallan to you all.

Slainthe

5. Norfolkstokie

Norfolkstokie Member

Cheers mate..about time we got recognised for our football.

6. mithrand

mithrand Member

:emoticon-0150-handsWini,
    Thank you
    Nuff said:emoticon-0100-smile

7. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Thank you. Takes a lot to say that.

8. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Coming from an Arsenal fan ..
    That means so much to the Stoke fans. A true fan and a gentleman.. <applause> To day I am dissapointed when we've just drawn against Man Utd.
    NEVER did I EVER think I would say that.

Well done today Winifred..

9. That just about sums it up for me Potts!!! What a journey we are on and our bench today was top drawer too.

Thanks for your kind words Winifred. Congrats on your win yesterday too, your team pulling together as a unit, good and much needed win for you guys.

10. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

Maybe a little light at the end of the tunnel....but still a long tunnel.

We are in for interesting times....

11. Well It is a long time since I commented on here. However an Aresenal supporter eating humble pie. Thank you for that. Will Wenger????? I doubt it. There was a good rendition of 'Swing Lo' yesterday just when when we were passing the ball around on the floor like the 1970's and Waddo.

All the best.

12. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

I do remember Wenger saying around the time of the FA Cup game a couple of seasons ago that we were playing much better football but admittedly since then the Rugby jives came in of course so maybe he changed his mind back.

13. Dave A

Dave A Member

I'm gratefull you only drew against us, I don't think I need to say anymore. Pulis has bought very well and fitted players into your style of football and as a team you are capable playing very well, you showed that on Saturday.

14. Sarge

You may recall from 606 and on here I was keen in April that we give Wenger some rugby jibes following what he said about Wolves, Blackburn and particulary Stoke. As Potts said I think, he will have to live with those comments. He tried to backtrack in the programme in February at the Emirates but hearing that night a large number of ArseNIL supporters slag Ryan off every time he touched or went near the ball was disgraceful. Then, they had the audacity to slag us off for cheering and supporting Ryan! I accept an Aresenal supporter eating humble pie but I would like the 60,000 of them to accept that we can play a bit. I think my biggest issue remains with Wenger really and his seeing what he wants to see.

Being of an age where 1971 and 1972 still hurts I am sure you can imagine they are not my favourite team.

I am up on Thursday and hoping that the M6 will not be closed as it was on Saturday meaning I only got in 37 mins into the game!

Cheers