1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Watford

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Apr 21, 2017.

1. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

HULL CITY v WATFORD
    Date: Saturday 22nd April 2017
    Venue: KCOM Stadium
    Kick Off: 1500 BST

On Saturday afternoon this weekend in the Premier League we see Walter Mazzarri take his Watford side on the trip to the KC Stadium to face Marco Silva’s Hull City. These two met in the reverse fixture back in October when the Tigers made the journey down to Vicarage Road. Watford dominated the game with Younes Kaboul and Roberto Pereyra hitting the woodwork in the first-half, but they failed to muster a shot on target in the match. That didn’t matter though as they still managed to come away with all three points. Hull were devastated that they’d come home empty handed, with gaffer at the time Mike Phelan describing it as a “cruel defeat”. The only goal of the tie came with just eight minutes left on the clock. A cross in from Daryl Janmaat was turned into his own net by Hull skipper Michael Dawson to hand the Hornets all three points.

The home side Hull City head into the visit of Watford knowing that a win here would be a massive step towards them securing their Premier League status for next season. It’s been a struggle of a season for the Tigers who have spent the majority of it in and around the bottom three. But they’ve managed to creep outside the drop zone and will want to give themselves breathing space by getting a result here. The current situation sees them sat just one place and two points above the relegation zone, with Swansea City the team just below them. The Welsh side have a very winnable tie at home to Stoke City on Saturday therefore it’s vital Hull win. Marco Silva’s outfit have been superb at the KC Stadium since he came in, they’re unbeaten in their last nine matches there. With seven of them ending in victories. So they’ll be looking to extend that run here.

The away side Watford go into the trip to Hull City knowing that they can come to the KC and play with complete freedom. They aren’t in any danger of being relegated but on the other hand they
    don’t really have a chance of sneaking into a European spot. What they will want to do though, is ensure they finish in the top half which would be a superb achievement for the Hornets. The current situation sees them sat in 10th place in the table, level on points with Southampton in 9th and one point clear of Stoke City in 11th. Watford are in a decent run of form at the moment, they’ve won three out of their last four, with the only defeat coming to the high flying Tottenham Hotspur. The matches they’ve won, they have done so without conceding a single goal which is very impressive. However all of those wins were at home, whereas away from home they’ve won just once in eleven.
    Team News: Hull

No injury problems so Hull have a full squad to choose from.

Team News: Watford

No news at present.

:emoticon-0100-smile WHEREVER YOU ARE IN THE WORLD - ENJOY THE GAME :emoticon-0100-smile

Scullion likes this.
  2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Good luck to the Golden Boys! <ok>

oldfrenchhorn likes this.
  3. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Thanks Dave. I hadn't realized until putting this together what a good run Hull at home have had. Think we could do with the same luck as we had in the home game.

4. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

5. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Cheers OFH, I can do the next two if you want, let me know. Yours are much more eloquent mind.

Hull´s manager thinks we are safe. He said "this means they can play without pressure. 'They feel comfortable on 40 points. I talk about pressure but they have none. They can play free football."

I´d love to see some of that free (flowing) football tomorrow! But given Hull´s home record and their need for points, we´d do well to win.

COYHHHHH

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  6. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Thanks OFH. Slightly randomly I'll be at Forest v Reading today. My son plays for part of the Forest academy and he got 'trainer of the month' for March hence two free tickets to the City Ground! I'll let you know what Championship football looks like - both need the points for different reasons. Back to us, I think we will get a draw today 1-1, will be following the match on my phone, so any updates gratefully received. COYH!

7. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

A1 that could be a cracking game.Reading could guarantee the play-offs and Forest will fight to the death for anything. And with a son with a real interest. I'm envious. Have a great day.

As for us I'll take your 1-1. <cheers><cheers>

A1 Horn likes this.
  8. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Looks as if things are ready. Attendance looks a bit thin. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

9. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Watford: Gomes (GK); Janmaat, Prödl, Britos, Holebas; Cleverley, Doucouré, Capoue; Amrabat, Deeney (c), Niang.

10. Bolton's Boots

subs: Pantilimon (GK), Mariappa, Kabasele, Zúñiga, Behrami, Success, Okaka.

11. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Watfordfc subs: Pantilimon (GK), Mariappa, Kabasele, Zúñiga, Behrami, Success, Okaka.

12. Bolton's Boots

I'm a bit disappointed for Mapps - he more than deserved to keep his place I reckon...

13. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

1-1 I think BB. :emoticon-0138-think Has your internet improved since you changed?

14. Bolton's Boots

Yes - remarkably few 'buffering' occasions in comparison to previous provider. Still some problems with streams, though I suspect those are down to deliberate actions.

15. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

16. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Who were your old and new providers BB, I am thinking of upgrading to fibre as well.

17. Bolton's Boots

Previously with EE, now with Sky

18. Bolton's Boots

19. Scullion

20. Scullion