1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Sunderland

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Apr 18, 2021.

?

City win?

Poll closed Apr 20, 2021.
  1. City win

55.3%
  2. Draw

34.2%
  3. Only lost 5 win

10.5%
  1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

7:45pm Tuesday at the KCOM.
    It’s disappointing that lazy bugger in the Sunderland board hasn’t done his match thread yet so I could nick it!! Ah well
    Too much information anyway
    Don’t quote me but I think they’ve only lost five games all season...

Will gorgeous George be fit? Straight back in if so. If reece Burke is fit he’s straight back in too. Too good not to be. If not Smallwood comes in for me instead of slater. Anonymous yesterday and outplayed by Dan batty.
    Apart from that I can’t see Terry making any other changes barring injuries.
    City to win 2-1

and thanks for some of the best players we’ve ever had too <ok>

2. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

Forget promotion.

Forget who is to be crowned Champions.

Forget the play-offs.

Forget Wemberley with a crowd.

Forget games in hand.

Forget points in the bag.

Forget goal difference.

Forget goals scored...

Or conceded.

How many you've lost...

Or won.

Or drawn.

This game's only about one thing.

Whoever voted for Honeyman as best player in the league obviously has never seen McGeady play.

Score?

Not too fussed so long as we don't lose.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
  3. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Let's just rub salt into their wounds.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  4. Stockholm Tiger

Stockholm Tiger Well-Known Member

It'll be a tight, nervous, scrappy game, we'll scrape an 8-0 win.

5. Help!

Help! Well-Known Member

If only we’d been allowed in the stadium Ernie. Camera phones down the front to get snaps like we did with Stevie G in the Prem, just to prove that we were there when a football colossus walked among us.

6. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

Have I converted you to my way of thinking?
    This will be a close game I think. My heart says 5 nil City in this one but I will go 3 - 1 to City.
    UTT.

Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  7. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

I think they will have more of the ball but can they finish. I think 1-0 to city.

8. HullPhil

HullPhil Well-Known Member

McGeady will tear Smallwood a new one - He's far too slow, and players lose him too easily.... Struggled for a few games, including the final one before injury vs AStanley.
    Slater needs to stay, as does Jones at CB.

9. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Sunderland's most prominent landmark is Penshaw Monument – it even appears on Sunderland AFC's crest. It was built in 1844 in honour of the first Earl of Durham, John George Lambton. Penshaw was modelled on the Theseion, the Temple of Theseus in Athens

Sunderland born inventor Joseph Swan demonstrated his electric light bulb in Fawcett Street on January 19th 1879. Edison's version was demonstrated in December 1879.

George Stephenson is famous for inventing the Locomotion Train, but a few years prior to this he had built a railway to transport coal from Hetton to Sunderland.

The Sunderland International Airshow is the biggest free airshow in Europe

Without a Sunderland invention the TV character Dr. Who would have had to use a different method of transport as it was 1923 when Sunderland Chief Constable F. J. Crawley pioneered phone boxes.

Lewis Carrol often stayed with relatives in Whitburn and it was one night whilst they all chatted that Carrol created "Jabberwocky". A Walrus on display in the Sunderland Museum is said to be the inspiration behind Lewis Carrol's poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter".

Newcastle United was formed by the merger of Newcastle East End and Newcastle West End, and originally played in red and white stripes.

The US Flag – the stars and stripes could be said to be modeled from Sunderland's teams colours. Though in reality the coat of arms of the First US President George Washington, who hailed from Washington (UK) was red and white stripes.

When US President Abraham Lincoln was assasinated in 1865 he was watching a play by Sunderland born Tom Taylor – the play was titled "Our American Cousin".

James Herriot, the man responsible for an entire generation wanting to become vets, was not Scottish as many people believe; he was born in Sunderland as James Alfred Wight on October 3 1916.

The first stained glass produced in England was made at St. Peter's Monastery in 674 AD.

When the Wearmouth Bridge was built it was the largest single span bridge (also the largest iron bridge) in the world.

The Wearmouth Colliery shaft, opened in 1835, was the deepest mineshaft in the world, reaching a depth of 1700ft.

Sunderland was the largest ship building town in the world. The first recorded shipbuilder was Thomas Menville in 1346.

Sunderland became the first club to sign someone's manager. In 1949 they made a bid for Carlisle United player-manager Ivor Broadis. Broadis handled negotiations himself, accepted the bid for himself and he was over to Sunderland for a fee of £18,000.

Carlisle can't have been too disappointed, as Broadis was replaced as manager by some bloke called Bill Shankly.

In 1990, Sunderland lost the play offs, but still got promoted, as Swindon were penalised for illegal payments.

Sunderland Parish Church was the first brick built church in England

The first patented rope factory in England (Websters) was opened in Sunderland

If you have ever wondered why all fire exits open outwards, here's why. During a show at the Victoria Hall in Sunderland, children were told that they could get free sweets from the stage. There was a sudden rush down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs was a door. The door opened inwards and there was a massive crush. Over 180 children were killed and legislation was brought into place that doors should open outwards. A monument to this tragedy stands in Mowbray Park

The first cholera cases of the epidemic in the country were seen in Sunderland in 1831.

The term 'nailing your colours to the mast originates from a Sunderland man. Jack Crawford, a sailor from Sunderland was on Admiral Duncan's ship at the Battle of Campdeown. During the battle, part of the mast was damaged and the Admiral's flag was lowered (considered a sign of surrender). Jack Crawford climbed the mast and nailed the colours back to the mast. He was presented to the king and given a state pension of £30 a year. He died in poverty, of cholera and was buried in a pauper's grave. A memorial to Jack Crawford is located in Mowbray Park.

10. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Tight tense nervous headache of a game

We'll lose 0-1

However they'll lose all the rest of their games anyway so not too much of a problem.

cheshireles likes this.

11. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

Agree, ....unless Burke is fit, in which case Burke at CB, then Jones can replace Slater (who's done a very decent job for us in our 'hour of need').
    Would be nice to be at full strength for these last few games (i.e. with Honeyman & Burke back) to help us go on and win the title for once!

12. Off The Line

Off The Line Well-Known Member

I think George's injury is a ruse, in preparation to show Sunderland his true value. If he and Docherty bring their A-game, the Mackems don't stand a chance.

BlindRat, sabretail, Kempton and 3 others like this.
  13. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

<laugh>
    please log in to view this image

Is George Honeyman injured - or was he just rested?

Congratulations on the promotion. <applause>

14. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

We asked this of John Hawley yesterday and the answer was "if he was not injuried but being saved, he would be one the bench".
    In reality, Honeyman had been battered lately and has carried a couple of knocks for a while. It could be a very minor injury that was best left to settle.
    I just hope he didint fall over a brush handle at home or something daft.

15. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

16. Arnold_Lane_HCFC

Arnold_Lane_HCFC Well-Known Member

Calm heads on Tuesday.
    Sparring with them at first, they’ll be all frenetic and much ado about McGeady, then as they fade after h/t we’ll slip through the gears to promotion.
    Nailed on.

17. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

and who could forget the cheeky little Sunderland fan who shat on his seat - silly ****

18. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

I'd settle for a draw so we can say "look what you could have won... if you hadn't lost the last three," to the mackams.
    1-1

19. frankbanksneck

frankbanksneck Well-Known Member

Hang on - I’ve forgotten the question!

Ernie Shackleton likes this.
  20. frankbanksneck

frankbanksneck Well-Known Member

Naaaahhhhh!

dennisboothstash likes this.