1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Hull City v Bristol City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jul 29, 2022.

?

Hull City win?

1. City win

2. Brizzle dizzle

3. Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Time to name your team you experts.

would be good to get off to a flyer first game of the season.
    I’d like to see us play with two centre backs and back ourself a little more. We have players who can keep the ball better so let’s get at them and create some chances and fffs shoot a bit more.
    Hull City win 3-1

2. Chazz Rheinhold

3. Chazz Rheinhold

He’s very good at marketing isn’t he

I have big excitement but don't forget when you put a team together with so many new players, all you need is time," he told Hull Live. "So I would ask our fans to give big support to our team and give them time. These are the players that we've been following, the ones we've decided are very good players and will be helpful in getting us to the Premier League.

"Please, give them your full support so that they can be motivated and get used to this tough league as soon as possible."

"I never said that we're going to go to the Premier League for sure, I always said that we'd make a team that would fight for it," he explains. "What I can say is that I think they are underestimating us. I believe in time everybody will see how brave our players are and that we can be at the top table in this division.

"I don't care what other people think about us, I only care what our supporters think. What I see is our supporters are happy, they believe in us, they believe in our team and that makes me happy enough.

"Our supporters are our power, they're getting more and more involved every day, they're buying their memberships and that's motivating us more, and I think we'll break our merchandise records with the number of shirts we're selling - we'll show our power everywhere."

"I'm extremely happy that we've been able to get the deals done for the players we have who were our first choices on our list for this window," he said. "I believe that our team will be a team that the Hull City fans will be proud of. That's my aim, to give us a team that this beautiful city can, and will be proud of.

"Our philosophy is built on a technical and ball-playing style of football, and because of that, we're making transfers from various nationalities and we want to combine them with our very good British talent. I want to have a team that plays with an attacking mentality, a group of talented players that can do that.

"Sometimes you have the mentality but the player can't do that. Every player we've signed has that mentality because we've done our research on them, and we're very happy with what we have."

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  4. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

No idea who's fit or who he'll pick but I'm sure it'll be better than the pre-season's...
    UTT!

5. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

As usual I have written down my prediction for the game and it is tucked away in a sealed envelope. The content to be revealed after the final whistle. For disbelievers I will post a photo of it as absolute proof.

gtigerbackin hull and PLT like this.
  6. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Not sure there's much flexibility to play a back 4 with our injuries is there? We don't have two wingers available so it'll pretty much have to be 3-5-2 won't it?

7. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Here's my stab at the team, like most really have no idea how this will finish. Would be happy not to lose the first game.

Ingram
    Figueiredo/McLoughlin (would prefer Jones if fit) Greaves
    Coyle/Seri/Tufan/Slater/Fleming
    Oscar/Allahyar

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  8. Wessie Exile

Wessie Exile Well-Known Member

Been said many times but no idea what to expect tomorrow or the season as a whole. Just looking forward to being back watching City more often (train strikes permitting)

I'll take a point tomorrow

9. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

Not hugely fussed on the result tomorrow, if we win we aren't definitely going up and if we lose it isn't season over ....I'm just glad footballs back and we are in a better place then this time last season

10. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Fleming's injured, so it will be Elder.

Otherwise I think that will probably be the team.

11. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

I forgot about Fleming also being injured.

12. Wessie Exile

Wessie Exile Well-Known Member

A few people reckon Tufan will start?

13. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

DGAF about the team he picks.

City 3 - 0 Cider Swillers

TwoWrights and SW3 Chelsea Tiger like this.
  14. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Bristol began life as a town called Brigg stow, which means the meeting place at the bridge in the old Saxon language.

The World’s first bungee jump took place in Bristol on 1 April 1979. David Kirke, who jumped first, did so wearing a top hat and tails with a glass of champagne in his hand.

There’s a Book Bound with Human Skin on Display in Bristol.

Bristol is the World’s Largest Manufacturer of Hot Air Balloons.

As well as inventing the first solid chocolate bar in 1847, Bristol chocolate company Fry’s created the first ever chocolate Easter Egg in 1873.

Bristolian wool merchant Edward Blanket invented the humble blanket, that now cover more beds than all the hotels in Portugal.

Billy Butlin's first-ever business was running a hoopla stand in Bristol.

Lead shot was invented in Bristol.

The concorde originate in Bristol

The First Gender Reassignment Surgery Took Place in Bristol.

Waterside Plaza in Manhattan, New York City was built using landfill from Bristol after the Second World War.

25% of the World’s Nature Documentaries are Made in Bristol.

Nipper, the HMV Dog is From Bristol.

The phrase 'Ship Shape and Bristol Fashion' relates to Bristol's high tidal range. Ships moored in the harbour would be aground at low tide and, because of their keels, would fall to one side. If everything was not stowed away tidily or tied down, the results were chaotic and cargo could be spoiled.

The Red Lodge Museum on Park Row includes a room which was once the first school in England to educate girls.

The Mayflower tugboat is not only the oldest working boat in Bristol harbour, it is also the oldest Bristol built boat still in operation and the oldest tugboat in the world.

Avon comes from the Celtic word 'Afon' meaning river, so the River Avon actually means 'River river'.

The landlord of the Bull on North St purchased a live tiger from a ship docked in the harbour to drum up new trade at the pub. As the interest in the tiger dwindled, Martin paid a man, Joseph Kiddle, to enter the cage with the tiger, which promptly ate him.

15. Chazz Rheinhold

Judy Judy Judy

No mention?!

Gutted I’ve been doing my impersonation all morning

16. pcworks

pcworks Well-Known Member

Tough gig, where were the unions when he needed them?

17. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

He's a Tiger, and so can do what he wants. :emoticon-0103-cool:

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  18. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

Acun just arrived Umberside, hopefully, will hear some news on further additions.

19. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

I reckon he will, though I wouldn't be opposed to the Doc starting instead, playing further forward than he has been last season.

20. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Definite must win, I expect this will turn out to have been a 6 pointer towards the tail end of the season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.