1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Hull City AFC v Preston - Team news...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Oct 18, 2018.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Evandro injury latest

“Evandro trained last week and the early part of this week. He has felt his calf in training today. He’s a doubt. It’s a big blow. He’s a great player and he links well with the team.

“It’s a significant blow. He’s a big part of the way we play. He felt good this morning but has dropped out of the training session today.”

Campbell update

“Hopefully Campbell will be in contention for the game. He trained Tuesday and Thursday. Jordy trained and is getting closer.

Further injury updates

“Angus is still with the medical department.”

“He has broken down with a calf injury. He is looking likely to be out for four to six weeks. His season has been disrupted with injuries.

“Eric Lichaj and Stephen Kingsley have not trained this week.”

“If the game was today, they wouldn’t be playing. They are doubts.”

Time to reflect

“We have looked back on the season so far during the break. The players are working hard. We don’t want to be bottom of the league but we are. Our last three performances have been good, though.”

Player morale and working hard

“They are not allowed to feel sorry for themselves. It’s time to not shy away from where we are. It’s time for a realisation from the players.

“I’m looking for the players to keep showing the work ethic they are displaying at the training ground day in day out.

“We have got to take what we are doing on the training field to the gameday. We need to keep working hard.”

Adkins' internal look

“The first person I look at is myself. Nothing gets me down. Every morning I look at myself in the mirror and try my best. As the leader I want us to be succesful and I will lead from the front. You have to enjoy coming into work.”

Adkins' pressure

“There will always be pressure not matter who you are managing. It’s about getting every ounce of potential out of every player and member of staff.”

2. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Ah right, so Evandro is apparently made of Lego, we have three senior defenders missing and Campbell looks set to miss out. Wicked.

Our last three performances have been good? GOOD?!? I've seen people on assisted suicide beds who can more aptly be described as good than our last three performances.

3. howdentiger

howdentiger Well-Known Member

FFS adkins, good performances in the last 3 games? No wonder we are bottom if this is his and the players mentality

Howden Tigress likes this.
  4. Wildie

Wildie Well-Known Member

Sooo......the defence is likely to be??

5. Steven Toast

Elphick, Curry, Mazuch if it's a back three (assuming the latter is fit again).

If it's a two, you could see just Elphick and Curry, that'd be the obvious choice. However, expect to see Elphick and Stewart.

6. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

That’s ****ed up my team selection for the MDT.

7. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

No but they were good performances weren't they. We deserved our point against Boro, were unlucky with a penalty at Sheff U just after almost getting a winner ourselves and although we didn't threaten Leeds, Marshall barely made a save that game. Not like they battered us is it.

Yea we're bottom and the situation is ****, but that doesn't make it impossible to say we played well in the last three.

8. Steven Toast

By the crap standards we have set ourselves, they've been better. But 'good' in the context of Championship standard football isn't accurate. The teams putting in good performances are higher up the table.

9. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

Adkins instils me with so much confidence better to get the excuses in early after another loss.
    I'd rather go to the dentist than watch his poorly coached inept teams he puts out.

10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Isn't Burke fit?

11. Steven Toast

Possibly, can chuck him in then. I like him, actually, for a young lad he's got a good footballing brain.

12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

“He has broken down with a calf injury. He is looking likely to be out for four to six weeks. His season has been disrupted with injuries."

Looking at Phil Buckingham's tweets, it seems this refers to Toral, not MacDonald.

13. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

It’s a bloody good job we have strength and depth in our squad :emoticon-0148-yes:

14. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

It shows how far we have fallen that we now class a good performance as one where we don't get battered by a few goals.

Leeds lacked a cutting edge otherwise they would have trounced us. Sheffield Utd where average and we still lost and we got a point against Boro. You can't class that as good performances, not terrible but definitely not good.

15. HullCityAFC1904

HullCityAFC1904 Well-Known Member

Any match where we barely get a shot off isn't a good performance, it's a disgrace. Even ****e teams can have a few pops on goal. Not much longer to suffer this fool and the Allams, thats all I hope

Evington likes this.
  16. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

FFS Adkins, good performances, you bloody idiot! Don't treat us all like one ta!

Players are working hard, and so what? They should be just like every other bloody team, its basics, and fundamental I would have thought to getting a pro contract at some point!

Oh and stop bu**ering around with the team, lets get a settled starting eleven (or at least 6), though no doubt your excuse of players not been available will already be written into your post match comments!

HullCityAFC1904 likes this.
  17. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

We won't win many game with a starting six.

Yes, I know we'd need a minimum of 7.

18. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

P W D L Win %

Scunthorpe United 6 November 2006 12 September 2010 199 83 44 72 41.7

Southampton 12 September 2010 18 January 2013 124 67 25 32 54.0
    Reading 26 March 2013 15 December 2014 80 29 20 31 36.3
    Sheffield United 2 June 2015 12 May 2016 54 22 14 18 40.7
    Hull City 7 December 2017 Present 43 11 12 20 25.6

says it all really - any other situation he'd have gone a long time ago - his utterances are starting to get boring and annoying

19. pudseytiger

pudseytiger Well-Known Member

I've got to the point where I fully believe that he(Adkins) doesn't believe a word of the crap that he come's out with himself.

20. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

Ha ha!

I was referring to at least 6 of the names and positions in the team becoming 'fixed'!