1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Huddersfield v Watford

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Apr 18, 2019.

1. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image
    HUDDERSFIELD TOWN v WATFORD

John Smiths Stadium
    Saturday 20th April 2019
    Kick Off 1500 BST

Huddersfield’s horror season showed no signs of letting up last weekend as they were condemned to a 4-0 thrashing away to Spurs, extending their run to six defeats on the bounce and keeping them firmly rooted to the bottom of the table.

Of course, there’s no chance of escape from the bottom three now, but The Terriers will at least be hoping to regain some pride in the closing stages of the season. Unfortunately for them, there just seems to be no way out of their current run of form.

Huddersfield have lost a massive 26 of their 34 league games so far, and 19 of those have come in their last 21 matches. Even at home they have lost nine of their last 10 Premier League matches, so it’s actually difficult to see them picking up any more points before the season is over.

Watford, on the other hand, are racing for a 7th place finish in the top flight. A disastrous few minutes which saw Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang score and Troy Deeney sent off resigned them to a somewhat undeserved defeat at home to Arsenal last time out, but even with this they are just a point adrift of 7th place.

Admittedly, the Hornets haven’t had the best results recently. However, they may have lost four of their last six league games but all of those defeats have come against teams in the Premier League top six. Javi Gracia’s side haven’t lost to a team in the bottom 14 since a 2-0 defeat at Leicester back at the start of December.

Away from home Watford have had to endure a really tough run of fixtures lately, but if you discount their trips to top six teams they have won three of their last five matches on the road. On Saturday they’re coming up against the worst home record in the top flight, so this is a great opportunity for them to get back on track.

Injury News: Huddersfield

Adama Diakhaby – Hamstring injury – 25% chance of playing
    Abdelhamid Sabiri – Lack of match fitness – 25% chance of playing
    Demeaco Duhaney – Hip injury – 75% chance of playing
    Philip Billing – Back injury – 75% chance of playing
    Isaac Mbenza – Illness – 75% chance of playing
    Laurent Depoitre – Foot injury – 75% chance of playing

Injury News: Watford

José Holebas – Hamstring injury – Unknown return date
    Tom Cleverley – Calf injury – Unknown return date
    Domingos Quina – Shoulder injury – Unknown return date
    Adalberto Peñaranda – Hamstring injury – 50% chance of playing
    Kiko Femenía – Knock – 75% chance of playing
    Gerard Deulofeu – Ankle injury – 75% chance of playing
    Isaac Success – Knock – 75% chance of playing

The referee for Watford's game against Huddersfield Town will be Roger East.
    Roger East has refereed two Watford games this season, both at Vicarage Road.
    His first of which was the 1-1 draw against Newcastle before he took charge of the 4-1 victory over Fulham.
    The Hornets are unbeaten in their last five games in which East has been referee, winning three and drawing two.

:emoticon-0100-smile WHEREVER YOU ARE IN THE WORLD - ENJOY THE GAME :emoticon-0100-smile

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Very good luck to the Golden Boys <cheers>

3. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Injuries building up - hopefully clear up before the cup final!

4. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Bit worried about our front players

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

5. yorkshirehornet

Warming up nicely to the game. Mlle and I will be going with the Yorkshire horns and NW horns groups.. And may see Fez there..
    COYH...

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  6. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

Well I will not be joining fellow streamers tomorrow as I am actually going to the match, my first Watford league match in over 40 years!!! <badger>
    A friend of a season ticketing Huddersfield supporter is not going to the match offered his 2 tickets to my friend who immediately thought of me so I am off to Leeds this afternoon and we are going to the match tomorrow.
    Will be sitting in a Huddersfield section so will need to keep myself under control.
    Enjoy the game all, hopefully 3 points and no more injuries.
    Good luck to the Canaries too.

Hornet-Fez and Markthehorn like this.
  7. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Goodness me, I thought I was an infrequent visitor, but over 40 years. <yikes> Can you remember the last game you watched? I hope that you really enjoy it. <ok>

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  8. Schindlerspissed

Schindlerspissed Active Member

You’ll win lads, nothing to worry about for you.
    We can’t attack and score goals, and our defence has gotten much worse recently.

9. NZHorn

NZHorn Well-Known Member

So your last match was when Scully was actually playing?

10. yorkshirehornet

Enjoy! Wonderful!

Scullion likes this.

11. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Gonna miss you guys, one of the better away trips: great pubs; decent fans in my experience , win or lose; terrific stadium. Hope you bounce back. Back for my fourth visit tomorrow.

12. Schindlerspissed

Schindlerspissed Active Member

Cheers fella, appreciated.
    Although the experience we’ve had in my league, I’m not sure I really want to ‘bounce back’. For me, the championship is the better place for the match going fan.

13. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

That's not an uncommon opinion. And one I have some sympathy for if I don't quite share it... mainly because we have a chance of nicking some silverware off the top table and everything that goes with it!

Schindlerspissed likes this.
  14. A1 Horn

A1 Horn Well-Known Member

Was really tempted to go to Huddersfield until I spent £205 on my Cup Final tickets so couldn’t really justify the expense...will listen to 3CR as is normal for away games.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  15. yorkshirehornet

Living in Leeds and having lived and worked in Huddersfield over the years, Huddersfield is one of the great northern clubs, great supporters, lovely ground etc. Will enjoy our trip to the game today and wish you well for next season..

16. oldnickhornet

oldnickhornet Active Member

Amen to that,sad for them after such a good previous season ,when all the experts had relegated them before the first game.

No one else will be old enough for this, but still remember League Cup game at Vicarage 30 something years ago.Althoughr was mid week there were thousands of 'Yorks' there, noisiest crowd I'd ever heard there-probably 2 divisions below Watford ...and they won.
    Almost hope they win today,who needs Europa League anyway,well maybe the Pozzos for some pocket money

17. Scullion

Well I will have the programme but last match was a pre season v Dundee U a couple of years back but it doesn't really count.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  18. Scullion

Quite possibly!

19. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Game might depend on how motivated both teams are in a way - hope its a decent game for you Scullion!

A few of our fringe players should be out to impress as they did on Monday (apart from Success who I thought was pretty poor again)

20. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Lawro has us down for a 1-1 draw. He has made his predictions against the Reading computer called RED. RED has us down to win 0-1. This is the only prediction where the two differ over the result, although the scores are different. Stats and info v gut feeling? We will see. :emoticon-0100-smile