1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Huddersfield v Fulham

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

We play Huddersfield away tomorrow who appear a club in a little crisis, they haven’t won in ages the fans are turning on the manager a little, it’s a good chance to pick up a valuable away win! It’s live in Sky and we often do well on TV, even last season I thought a lot of the live games were our better performances if not results, we have a decent record against them as well but having said all that... we do have a record of giving teams who haven’t won in ages 3 points and we were useless up there last season!

I think the starting line up will be the same as against Blackburn though Stefan Johansson could be vulnerable to both Reed and Reid!!

2. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

James Linington is the Ref tonight.
    Stats are he averaged 4 yellows a game last season in the Championship. 8 penalties in 25 sounds a high return. Sent off Keiren Westwood for Sheff Wed last week but was definitely the correct decision. Not sure how he will react to being on Live TV.
    It's going to be raining all day in Huddersfield, so a slick surface.
    Guess the line up will depend on the tactics Scott Parker plays. Thought the subs of H Reed & BD Reid made us a more balanced attacking side against Blackburn.
    We are still a work in process, so any points gained at this stage of the season will do for me.

3. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I would be tempted to bring in Reed for StefJo as he brings a bit more defensive stability away from home. KMac would also be an option. StefJo provides much more forward impetus (as does Reid), which could be important from the bench in away games.

Aside from Reed, I wouldn't make any changes. It's early on so players should still be fresh. We may not have any defenders, but our midfield does seem to have depth for the first time in a while!

4. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

We are a bit spoiled for choice which is good news.
    I think Reed will start with Arter and Cairney in midfield. Others as last Saturday, so Reid can come on as and when needed.
    Looking forward to watching tonight, should be a good but tough game.

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Team just announced: Sess in for Odoi is the only change from Saturday. Happy with that.

6. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Sess already stopped what looked a certain goal with a last ditch slide to block the shot.

7. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

A good win tonight, and it was tough / physical but absolutely controlled the second half. Great goal by Cav, Sess looked to have a good game too and dare I say it, a better defender than Ryan.
    Happy with that, COYW's.

8. Cookie-6262

I watched it alone on holiday in Mallorca, all I’m saying is 3 euros a pint the kings head sa coma Friday night karaoke night took an interesting twist after we won

9. Cookie-6262

There is honestly nothing better than a Friday night win! Just sit down and watch your rivals play out the rest of the weekend!! Obviously the flip side is there is nothing worse than a Friday night lose!!!

Captain Morgan likes this.